Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

27 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Best thing is the thick ****s will stand their denying climate change while the waves lap over their heads

More likely they'll simply view however many deaths that result from it as not their problem and craft policy to that effect.

Just now, Lako42 said:

The city of Leicester has managed to completely **** itself. 

Isolated shithole incoming 

Too many are prioritising issues outside of Leicester and the UK. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The city of Leicester has managed to completely **** itself. 

Isolated shithole incoming 

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Too many are prioritising issues outside of Leicester and the UK. 

Those in charge have let these people get away with it that's why.

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Tories plus one of Reform/Brexit/UKIP

2010: 39%
2015: 49%
2017: 44%
2019: 46%
2024: 38% (I think)

Interesting 

Sense the missing 5-10% is a mixture of non-voters and ‘kicking them out’ votes to Lib Dem. 

Looking at the figures it’s actually been quite underwhelming for Labour as a %. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Interesting 

Most of the 8% will have gone to lib dem not labour.

JOB has just started talking about the lack of euphoria after the landslide and is scratching ching around trying to blame the Tories. I suspect it's because SKS doesn't appear to have many answers, so most are waiting to see now what he does with his chance.

A bit like making Steve Cooper your manager really!

• Like 2

Dont know if its a direct response to Labour winning but a load of the housebuilding shares have gone up today by 3-4%??

image.png.03543bb08bae834d8053eceafa1e49de.png

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

In fairness, the city of Leicester has a Conservative MP now for the first time in a long. However, that's because Webbe and Vaz are next level morons lol

What the Leicester results may also give is an indicator on why Labour’s vote share appears unimpressive.

It could well be with Starmer making an awful gaff with his Bangledesh comments in the immediate lead up and Gaza being a hot topic within sections of the harder left and Muslim areas of the parties traditional support, Labour lost a significant portion of voters from those demographics.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Dont know if its a direct response to Labour winning but a load of the housebuilding shares have gone up today by 3-4%??

image.png.03543bb08bae834d8053eceafa1e49de.png

Exactly why certain people in my industry weren’t losing their marbles. The concerns on Labour centred on personal wealth rather than company growth

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Harborough remained Conservative - How the fuch did that happen. 

Election Calculus had it  70% + it would go Labour and they were predicting a hefty Labour majority 

Harborough has been Conservative since 1950, no surprise whatsoever. Usually affluent areas dont vote Labour

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Exactly why certain people in my industry weren’t losing their marbles. The concerns on Labour centred on personal wealth rather than company growth

They are also expecting Starmer to declare a load of green belt as being suitable for building on.

I doubt he will and I doubt planning will be any quicker than it is currently. What will help the most is interest rates coming down.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Interesting 

Never understand why the right is always clubbed together but the 'left' which seems far more suited to me in terms of the lib dems and Labour isn't. GB news seem to be pushing this as some sort of gotcha agenda but I don't think it is.

I think you're just making the point that support is steady though?

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

What will Labour do for the people of Gaza?

I don't know and I don't really care seeing as that isn't why I voted for them. 

My question is more aimed at those Leicester areas who voted the conservatives in apparently because of Gaza.

What have the party that have been in power during the conflict so far done for the people of Gaza to make them vote that way? 

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

When Suella Braverman said that multiculturalism has failed, Ashworth appeared on BBC's Question time that week arguing that Leicester was a shining example of that NOT being the case.

However, every example he gave merely demonstrated that yes, all groups are represented here BUT all the examples of festivals ect that are celebrated here are very largely, only celebrated by fully signed-up members of that group - there is no integration.

And now, we've had Muslims and Hindus at each others throats in Leicester over issues in India and a sitting Labour MP ousted over Gaza.

I've even read Ashworth was chased from a street by a group of Muslims whilst canvassing

Their loyalties and hearts do not reside in Leicester or the UK I'm afraid.

I worry this divide will grow.

He always had to say that though

Labour and the Conservatives have done nothing for the people of Gaza, neither of them will be getting my vote in the Gaza City South by-election :nono:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I don't know and I don't really care seeing as that isn't why I voted for them. 

My question is more aimed at those Leicester areas who voted the conservatives in apparently because of Gaza.

What have the party that have been in power during the conflict so far done for the people of Gaza to make them vote that way? 

Why would anyone who “supports Gaza” vote Tory. That’s incredibly unlikely. 

• Like 1