Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

27 minutes ago, Raj said:

Why SHOULD labour do anything for the people of Gaza?

I'm more bothered about the sh1t roads on uppingham road and it being a tip rather than somewhere thousands of miles away in a dispute that hasnt been resolved in 100 plus years.

Not only that, what can Labour do for the people of Gaza? They can and will call for a two state solution, a ceasefire but unless they put boots on the ground against Israel then there’s nothing they can do

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

This is a good thing. There’s a clear lack of opposition, which is a bad thing in governance, but Labour and especially Keir will know it’s govern well or this victory will evaporate just as quickly as it came about in five years time.

Immediate accountability, that’s taken the Conservatives 14 years to receive.

Conservatives would’ve been held to account and ‘kept on track’ a hell of a lot more if Labour hadn’t leant too far to the left with Corbyn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Never understand why the right is always clubbed together but the 'left' which seems far more suited to me in terms of the lib dems and Labour isn't. GB news seem to be pushing this as some sort of gotcha agenda but I don't think it is.

I think you're just making the point that support is steady though?

Exactly. Voting is not that binary. 

You could as easily and as irrelevantly focus on the progressive centre left and go for.

Labour + Lib Dem = 47%

Labour + Green = 42%

Labour + Lib Dem + Green = 54%

If you wanted you could probably throw the Nationalists in there as well. As you say seems to be something that the commetariat seems to only see as a centre right thing.

Kuensberg was annoyingly banging on about this last night as well, as she wiped away her tears. Much too simplistic an interpretation of any voting intentions.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

They don't need to do an awful lot.

Condemn Israeli actions

Implement sanctions

Stop peddling Israeli propaganda 

Stop selling arms to a regime actively committing genocide

If labour had said what was happening in Gaza was out of order, in the blandest terms, they wouldn't have lost as much support 

Glad that's all it needed then to stop the historic issues surrounding that area over decades👍🏾

Maybe a strongly worded email will suffice🙄.

Let's see how these constituencies do with their newly elected independent  MP's not like there is a common demographic.

Maybe free Palestinian  flags all round and they will be happy as pie, until council taxes and stuff go up!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9e9ydj215yo

Edited by Raj
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Not as huge as the one already killing a lot of people through drought and extreme weather around the world and only just starting to be felt in terms of consequences. You know that as well as I do. 

Welcome to the digital era, mon ami - for good and bad.

I'm reminded of the book Thud!  by Terry Pratchett, it covers multiple-way ethnic divides like this really well.

well yes, and I'd love for the greens to build off this and become more major players to push that but I don't think it's fair to say that big issues don't become cause celebres and then cite Gaza 

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Conservatives would’ve been held to account and ‘kept on track’ a hell of a lot more if Labour hadn’t leant too far to the left with Corbyn. 

They will never, ever understand or acknowledge this, nor will they ever take responsibility for their failures.

Worse, given the chance, they’ll do the exact same thing in a few decades time.

Absolutely thick as pigshit.

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

well yes, and I'd love for the greens to build off this and become more major players to push that but I don't think it's fair to say that big issues don't become cause celebres and then cite Gaza 

Fair enough.

I can see why people think it's important, and it is important, but there are other things much more important that should be in the spotlight and becoming single issue lodestone for voters.

36 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

They don't need to do an awful lot.

Condemn Israeli actions

Implement sanctions

Stop peddling Israeli propaganda 

Stop selling arms to a regime actively committing genocide

If labour had said what was happening in Gaza was out of order, in the blandest terms, they wouldn't have lost as much support 

Starmer is a lawyer.

at this time, there is no legal judgment that Israel is committing ‘genocide’ (nor do I expect there to be unless things change ) 

just because many people say something doesn’t make it so 

the other points you make are ‘political judgements’ and starmer will no doubt avoid making them because he’s five years away from another GE and therefore doesn’t need to address them.  Our arms exports are insignificant in any case. 

labour have committed to recognising a Palestinian state as part of a negotiated peace process - that ain’t happening anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Bit of a misnomer - the main reason the Tories have risen in that area is due to their shameless exploitation of the community tensions between Hindus and Muslims, which the appalling politics of the past 14 years has helped manifest. True to their nasty slide into identity politics, they've managed to effectively brainwash a decent chunk of Hindu voters into thinking they're on their side in the whole debacle. It's legitimately the only demographic in the entire country to turn towards them in recent years. I think the term is "useful idiots".

There are few, if any, Muslim supporters of the Tories in Leicester East. Rather, the fallout over Gaza and the shameless re-standing of Vaz and Webbe has split a vote which in any other scenario would have had a Labour MP returned. Instead, the fools who have somehow concluded that the horrible outgoing party "have their back" have managed to elect them in the vacuum of any serious challenge.

Plus it’s Rishi init. Thick as pig shit if in fact there is a belief that the tories give two shits about them. 

29 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

There was Miliband before Corbyn,  and the Lib Dems in every one of those elections. 

I think Corbyn was crap, but I imagine a lot of the people who said they simply couldn’t not vote Conservatives because of Corbyn won’t be as apprehensive not voting Labour because of his new-to-Parliament right wing equivalent.

Norfolk now represented by 5 different parties I think. Has to be some kind of record. Perfect microcosm too - Labour in the towns, Cons on the fringes of the Fens, Lib Dems in High Norfolk, Greens in the Waveney Valley, and Reform in the old port.

7 minutes ago, Raj said:

image.png.40ebff38baa2040c5bbe619c55b91f1e.png

I would have voted for her if i was Leicester east- don't know why!:kissing:

Shivani was born in Leicester, and studied at Herrick Primary School, Soar Valley College, and Wyggeston and Queen Elizabeth I College. She graduated from De Montfort University with a First Class Honours in cosmetic science.[2] In 2017, she competed in the 2017 Miss India UK beauty pageant, where she was named a semi-finalist.

I wonder what convinced the people to vote for her :S

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Starmer is a lawyer.

at this time, there is no legal judgment that Israel is committing ‘genocide’ (nor do I expect there to be unless things change ) 

not 6 months ago the ICJ found South Africas case that Israel was committing genocide to be "plausible" and issued orders to Israel to cease certain activities. they did so again six weeks ago. if you're wanting a judge to bang a gavel and say "I find you guilty of genocide" then you'll be waiting a while (this is a world where the US has a standing position to invade the Hague if they get prosecuted for war crimes and would likely do so for their closest allies) but in reality the courts have been very clear that this is a genocide 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Mods call the horny police please 

Scenes when the gang pull off her mask and it's actually Keith Vaz underneath

• Haha 3