Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

14% those Fashbasts got.

1 in 7.

I mean, I didn't really like people much before this vote, but at least now I have an excuse.

O noes those big bad Far right fascists!!!! brownshirts gonna get ya!! lol

Give your head a wobble ffs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

reform literally are fash though. this insistence on not naming the problem until it's at the door is bizarre. the point of learning from history is seeing how the Nazis ultimately took power and heading off repeats before they can get there, not scolding anyone who points it out for watering down the term right up until we reach a 1933 equivalent 

I've come to think that people learn from history just to repeat it either because they feel "it won't go that way this time" or because they want to repeat it to finish what they started or win where they lost before.

In any case, purely pragmatically, certain problems won't tolerate insular "x country first" policy and that's abundantly obvious.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Jess Phillips jeered during acceptance speech | Watch (msn.com)

Love them Pro Gaza protestors.

Also a video of Leicester easts very own Stating this is for the people of Gaza waving his flag....Don't know if i've mentioned this already!...Thanks god football is back on today!!:D

Leicester East was won by the Tories ? She didn’t stand up and say: “This is for Gaza” did she. Can understand if she said, this is for Modi but Gaza ? She might be sacked in the morning

37 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

She has no idea what's going on does she?

The candidates will already know the result before they get read out which is probably why she was so delayed getting on stage. I think she is trying not to react at all as she knows that this is not only her Portillo moment but that it'll now be a Liz Truss moment from now on.

The one thing last night confirmed to me is that the electoral process needs urgent reform.

It makes a mockery of the system that we continue to allow joke, cartoonish candidates to stand and waste people's time and votes. But enough about Rees Mogg, let's celebrate Barmy Brunch of the Monster Raving Loony Party.

image.jpeg.a7f4605d44a4240bea239cc11407f0aa.jpeg

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Leicester East was won by the Tories ? She didn’t stand up and say: “This is for Gaza” did she. Can understand if she said, this is for Modi but Gaza ? She might be sacked in the morning

Yeah sorry this was Ashworths old seat Leicester South won by the guy who is  "Doing it for Gaza"

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Congrats to Rachel Reeves on becoming Britain's first ever female Chancellor.

Hopefully a good role model to the likes of my daughter who also wants to go to LSE and pursue a career in economics/finance.

I'm pretty sure your daughter already knows more about how the economy works than Reeves.  Reeves in interviews seems unable to grasp some of the very basics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Jess Phillips jeered during acceptance speech | Watch (msn.com)

Love them Pro Gaza protestors.

Also a video of Leicester easts very own Stating this is for the people of Gaza waving his flag....Don't know if i've mentioned this already!...Thanks god football is back on today!!:D

That video makes my blood boil 😡

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can't see it mentioned anywhere on here but one could argue that the Reform vote in South Leicestershire was so big that it actually helped keep Costa in position.  Alarming stuff.

It really wasn’t a shock result for either south leics or Hinckley and Bosworth though. 

37 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can't see it mentioned anywhere on here but one could argue that the Reform vote in South Leicestershire was so big that it actually helped keep Costa in position.  Alarming stuff.

Disagree. Reform votes would have largely gone to the Tories.

There was however a split in the 'left vote' there - 7k Lib Dems, 12k Labour with Cons winning on 18k (Reform 10k) which might have made a difference. 

There was real vitriol developing between Lab and LD in this area because they were both using the tactical vote line. A pure observation to is that South Leics is really diverse in terms of how its boundary extend. Those of us towards Fosse Park with Narborough et al feel probably as much of the city as the county, Lutterworth lives on its on own, whilst when I driving over towards Harborough (the boundary extends right out to about five miles before Mkt Harborough after the recent changes) there was a lot of Lib Dem support 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Disappointing.

If only Labour had won the endorsment of a few more drink driving anti-semites in Leicester South it might have been alright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

not 6 months ago the ICJ found South Africas case that Israel was committing genocide to be "plausible" and issued orders to Israel to cease certain activities. they did so again six weeks ago. if you're wanting a judge to bang a gavel and say "I find you guilty of genocide" then you'll be waiting a while (this is a world where the US has a standing position to invade the Hague if they get prosecuted for war crimes and would likely do so for their closest allies) but in reality the courts have been very clear that this is a genocide 

Not true - ICJ ruling was widely misinterpreted 

What did ICJ ruling mean in South Africa's genocide case against Israel? https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3g9g63jl17o

• Like 1

Guest MarshallForEngland
2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

reform literally are fash though. this insistence on not naming the problem until it's at the door is bizarre. the point of learning from history is seeing how the Nazis ultimately took power and heading off repeats before they can get there, not scolding anyone who points it out for watering down the term right up until we reach a 1933 equivalent 

Can you explain exactly what you mean by fascist and how Nigel Farage / The Reform Party fit that definition?