Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep. 

Yet this guy is drafted in too despite this kind of tweet... 

I mean given he maintains that the US were the good guys in Vietnam, that's still down there on the list of his ridiculous opinions.

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

Yeah but I’m hampered from seeing mine due to a bit of belly 

Drawn from distant memory 

DM me your email and I'll forward you some of the pictures @Raj constantly sends me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Actually might just vote Lib Dem, this dude's having a ****ing whale of a time.

Seems a great strategy. Instead of droning on about spending discipline and why the Tories are to blame, grab peoples attention by doing these stunts in holiday parks.

18 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Seems a great strategy. Instead of droning on about spending discipline and why the Tories are to blame, grab peoples attention by doing these stunts in holiday parks.

The building of which his voters probably wanted blocked 

On 29/05/2024 at 10:36, Sampson said:

Regarding demographics talk the other day. This is why I think it’s going to be a long long time before Tories get into power again. Despite the old adage that people get more small c conservative as they get older, all the data shows the age split in voting has never been anywhere near as drastic as it is now. Only 8% of under 50s say they’ll vote Tories, I just can’t see an entire generation of 35-50 years olds shifting allegiances all at once as they reach their 50s and 60s and the older voters die off and younger ones become of voting age 

Millennials, the oldest of which are now in the early forties, are actually getting more left-wing with age! Boomers, who benefitted from policies such as right to buy during the Thatcher, Major and Blair years have seen their asset prices increase exponentially, whereas their oldest children can't get on the property ladder and are paying extortionate rents to private landlords and seeing their bills increase all while energy companies are making record profits. It's not difficult to understand why this is happening. Older people think that the generations have followed them are 'lazy' or that they've undergone some sort of indoctrination through higher education, when in truth the political outlook of the younger generations is just as a result of their material conditions. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bovril said:

It was predictable and widely predicted that the direction the Conservatives were going in, especially regarding Brexit, would be the death of them in the end. As others have said I can't see them getting back into power in their current form. Maybe a new right wing party will be able to capitalise on dissatisfaction amongst young people over declining living standards like has happened in the rest of Europe. It's a shame really because I am generally quite conservative and wary of some of the more extreme politics amongst young left wingers in the UK, but the anglophone right wing is just so weird and so pathetic now. It's like they've got everything they wanted and it's demonstrably made life worse so they've totally lost their mind and start blaming the deep state. 

18 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

"the deep state"

:nigel::nigel::nigel:

Rolled marijuana joint hi-res stock photography and images - AlamyQueue Management Guide [2023] | Tensator Group

21 hours ago, Sampson said:

Victoria Derbyshire gave a good summary.

You have to be in your 50s to be an adult during Thatcher now, that’s the thing. Many older voters vote Tory for life often citing the winter of discontent in the 70s. But this generation have Brexit, Covid and the mass fallout from this to look back on which will now in turn take a lot of getting over. I can’t see this generation getting over it especially when so many are overwhelmingly pro-EU. I think Brexit kept Tories in power in the last election but will kill then long term given how age dependent the demographics of the referendum was. 

As insane as it sounds, the Conservative Party are that finished as a political force that after this election they may as well go for broke and campaign on holding a referendum on re-joining the EU. Keir Starmer's current stance is 'make Brexit work'. If the Tories were to beat him to the punch with that one, they could use it as a stick to beat him with. It's just on thing they could do to try and win back voters who aren't in their 60s/70s. It seems inconceivable now but the Conservative Party used to be generally quite pro-Europe. Granted, they've had vocal Eurosceptics in the party for decades but there were plenty of high profile pro-Europe Tories (John Major, Ken Clarke, Michael Heseltine, Chris Patten, Ted Heath, Geoffrey Howe etc.). Even Thatcher was a champion of the single market, she just hated the political side of the European Community and was ultimately concerned about the idea of a 'federal Europe'. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

As insane as it sounds, the Conservative Party are that finished as a political force that after this election they may as well go for broke and campaign on holding a referendum on re-joining the EU. Keir Starmer's current stance is 'make Brexit work'. If the Tories were to beat him to the punch with that one, they could use it as a stick to beat him with. It's just on thing they could do to try and win back voters who aren't in their 60s/70s. It seems inconceivable now but the Conservative Party used to be generally quite pro-Europe. Granted, they've had vocal Eurosceptics in the party for decades but there were plenty of high profile pro-Europe Tories (John Major, Ken Clarke, Michael Heseltine, Chris Patten, Ted Heath, Geoffrey Howe etc.). Even Thatcher was a champion of the single market, she just hated the political side of the European Community and was ultimately concerned about the idea of a 'federal Europe'. 

I think it's not totally inconceivable that UK right wingers eventually drift towards wanting to rejoin an EU that is much more socially conservative and anti-immigration than the Anglosphere. 

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Ed, you need to show some personality, Rishi and Kier are coming across as dull"

"Stag do organised by a 10 year old it is!"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

He's living his best life in the knowledge that the Lib Dems will most likely

significantly increase their number of seats from a low base, through tactical voting alone.

No wonder he looks so relaxed....Will be campaigning in the key constituencies of Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Legoland over the next few days.

Next week on the news:

”Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey’s rollercoaster campaign hit a spot of bother today after a glitch at Alton Towers left him stuck upside down on the Nemesis ride for half an hour…”

im about 60% sure that he didn't want to cancel his holiday so is just claiming the holiday is a campaign. 

• Haha 1

Getting strong Tom Hopper vibes from that picture. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think it's not totally inconceivable that UK right wingers eventually drift towards wanting to rejoin an EU that is much more socially conservative and anti-immigration than the Anglosphere. 

It's easy to forget that it was basically only the far-right and fringes of the Labour Party that opposed joining in the 1970s. 

Watching some of Sunak’s bizarre q&as this week just reminds me that he is way more awkward, wooden and goofy than Ed Milliband was. Curious but not surprising that the tabloids haven’t gone to town on his mannerisms and lack of “toughness” like they did with Milliband.