Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

He's living his best life in the knowledge that the Lib Dems will most likely

significantly increase their number of seats from a low base, through tactical voting alone.

No wonder he looks so relaxed....Will be campaigning in the key constituencies of Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Legoland over the next few days.

Not to mention Gulliver's Kingdom where he'll try to fit into a roller coaster carriage to show he's down with the kids.

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Millennials, the oldest of which are now in the early forties, are actually getting more left-wing with age! Boomers, who benefitted from policies such as right to buy during the Thatcher, Major and Blair years have seen their asset prices increase exponentially, whereas their oldest children can't get on the property ladder and are paying extortionate rents to private landlords and seeing their bills increase all while energy companies are making record profits. It's not difficult to understand why this is happening. Older people think that the generations have followed them are 'lazy' or that they've undergone some sort of indoctrination through higher education, when in truth the political outlook of the younger generations is just as a result of their material conditions. 

Agreed, I think the politics of recent years may have actually forced the reversal of the historical trend

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Tories making adverts for Labour now, saying that if Labour win some of us might be able to actually have some savings. 

Some advertising junior is getting sacked tomorrow.

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Agreed, I think the politics of recent years may have actually forced the reversal of the historical trend

I'm almost 30 and work full-time in a job that requires university education, and I've certainly gotten more left-wing over the past few years. 

As a side point, I think the Green Party will get their highest number of votes in history. They got over 1 million votes in 2015, which is their highest number to date. I wouldn't be surprised if they get over 1.5.million votes this time around. They currently have one seat in the commons and they could pick up one or two more. I see this as a good thing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

As a side point, I think the Green Party will get their highest number of votes in history. They got over 1 million votes in 2015, which is their highest number to date. I wouldn't be surprised if they get over 1.5.million votes this time around. They currently have one seat in the commons and they could pick up one or two more. I see this as a good thing.

I hope so, too.

There needs to be more voices in Parliament putting pressure on wrt energy generation transition and foreign policy where such energy generation transition becomes a leading matter - which it is.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Tories making adverts for Labour now, saying that if Labour win some of us might be able to actually have some savings. 

Yep. There's nothing wrong with choosing to feature a pig in the advertising.

No siree, none at all.

-1x-1.png

• Haha 1

The Conservative Party fullthroated defence of the economic model that they have championed since 1979 is completely at odds with genuine conservative values. I'll give you some examples. The 80s saw major deindustrialisation of the UK. Steelworks closed, coal mines closed, and thousands of people were put onto the scrapheap. This dessimated communities, caused serious social unrest and left us with regional inequality that we're still living with. They failed to conserve community. They privatised water and deregulated the industry. This has led to water companies not investing in vital infrastructure, resulting in them dumping shocking amounts of raw sewage into our waterways. Subsequently, this has meant that people cannot use the waterways for leisure activities and wildlife has been destroyed while we are expected to be paying higher water bills. They have failed to conserve british wildlife, the environment and our freedom to enjoy the waterways. They sold off Royal Mail to a foreign billionaire. This is a British institution with 500 years of heritage and even has the crown on it. This us a deeply unpatriotic act. As a result, they are prioritising parcel deliveries over letters that's where the money is. Some people are going weeks without receiving their mail. 

32 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Good thing apart from if they get, say, 5% of the vote they get one or two seats instead of the 15-20 they deserve. 

With an absolute passion I despise the fptp system designed only for two parties. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Good thing apart from if they get, say, 5% of the vote they get one or two seats instead of the 15-20 they deserve. 

With an absolute passion I despise the fptp system designed only for two parties. 

I agree with you there. The only positive I can find on this occasion is that Reform will get more votes than the greens but probably seats. I do accept that from a democratic point of view, that is absurd. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

Labour Majority of 160. I’m going for slightly lower turnout due to voter apathy and the belief the result’s a forgone conclusion. 

After having Bridgen  clown around as our MP the residents of North West Leicestershire still elect a Tory to parliament. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Brilliant lol

Not quite the 'gotcha' they were going for. 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

What happened to that poster that claimed to to know that MI5 and the Civil Service were running the country and accused @Daggers. of piss-taking??

The deep state took him back for revealing their secret... 

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Millennials, the oldest of which are now in the early forties, are actually getting more left-wing with age! Boomers, who benefitted from policies such as right to buy during the Thatcher, Major and Blair years have seen their asset prices increase exponentially, whereas their oldest children can't get on the property ladder and are paying extortionate rents to private landlords and seeing their bills increase all while energy companies are making record profits. It's not difficult to understand why this is happening. Older people think that the generations have followed them are 'lazy' or that they've undergone some sort of indoctrination through higher education, when in truth the political outlook of the younger generations is just as a result of their material conditions. 

Good post, would agree with most of this. However not sure the older group you describe are material, I think they just shout the loudest. And they’re probably (justifiably) annoyed.If born in the post Industrial Revolution era when houses which cost about £20 are now worth millions, and money making opportunities in thatchers sell off were everywhere, not being a millionaire now means you’re quite dumb. Best to blame it on someone else. 
Re your main point, we have third world characteristics, huge inequality with a tiny ruling class. Even the middle classes are eroding away. Low growth, high debt, poor public services. Why would anyone vote for sunak? If you’re a professional in your early 40s approaching the peak of your career, c.£250k pa, why vote sunak? 

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Not to mention Gulliver's Kingdom where he'll try to fit into a roller coaster carriage to show he's down with the kids.

Man that takes me back about 40 years. Is that place still open (....please say it is)?

3 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

I think he's been neutralised by the deep state. :ph34r:

As have many of the responses to him. Maybe from the MI5  or the Chinese, or foxes talk moderators censorship against free speech authority, this post will be neutralised too as will yours

42 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

As have many of the responses to him. Maybe from the MI5  or the Chinese, or foxes talk moderators censorship against free speech authority, this post will be neutralised too as will yours

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

As insane as it sounds, the Conservative Party are that finished as a political force that after this election they may as well go for broke and campaign on holding a referendum on re-joining the EU. Keir Starmer's current stance is 'make Brexit work'. If the Tories were to beat him to the punch with that one, they could use it as a stick to beat him with. It's just on thing they could do to try and win back voters who aren't in their 60s/70s. It seems inconceivable now but the Conservative Party used to be generally quite pro-Europe. Granted, they've had vocal Eurosceptics in the party for decades but there were plenty of high profile pro-Europe Tories (John Major, Ken Clarke, Michael Heseltine, Chris Patten, Ted Heath, Geoffrey Howe etc.). Even Thatcher was a champion of the single market, she just hated the political side of the European Community and was ultimately concerned about the idea of a 'federal Europe'. 

I said pretty much this prior to our last election (2022) and i think ill be proved right...BUT..  the drift right by Labor parties means the future is still pretty much the same.