Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

It feels like it would be pretty good politicking for Labour to lean in to that anthem throughout the campaign. 

They'll criticise Starmer for living in the past and struggling to think of his own ideas if so... 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They'll criticise Starmer for living in the past and struggling to think of his own ideas if so... 

Probably... Although looking at socials, it definitely captured the public mood. 

Politics in this country is a depressing mess. 

No choice but to vote for the party who will be most likely to get the biggest bunch of crooks in my lifetime out of government. 

If the absolute ****tards in NW Leic vote for the scum Bridgen i am leaving. 

36 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

It feels like it would be pretty good politicking for Labour to lean in to that anthem throughout the campaign. 

The mental image of Starmer doing a May-style dance is giving me shivers. 

25 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Politics in this country is a depressing mess. 

No choice but to vote for the party who will be most likely to get the biggest bunch of crooks in my lifetime out of government. 

If the absolute ****tards in NW Leic vote for the scum Bridgen i am leaving. 

I promise you I won't be voting for him. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Probably a Hung Parliament, after all most of them deserve hanging. And Sunak will probably one of the first on the plane to Rwanda!!

What do most of them deserve to be hanged for?

Opinion polls will show Labour as a clear majority, but when it comes to putting the cross in the box the problem they have is the leader, he is no PM and I'm still not quite sure what their plan is, you can't just throw the conservatives under the bus and mutter the words change at every opportunity, that isn't a manifesto - doesn't help Rachel Reeves has the personality of dead duck and Angela Raynor is basically a chav. He doesn't have the people around him like Blair did. 

Either way, will be interesting.  They will double down on the VAT on private school fees and see that as a real W, and suggest the revenue will pay for inevitable influx of kids move from the private system to state, in schools that are overcrowded and underfunded, that they will have to fund further already as a Labour government. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

Tom even you have to admit that he is infinitely more statesmanlike than any dross that has been served up since Cameron. 

I think there are some sensible proposals in what they have talked about so far.   GB energy is a good idea, a border force with powers to tackle criminal gangs is more sensible than flying 200 people to Rwanda. The New Towns proposal is a good way to tackle the housing crisis. 

Both parties will launch their manifesto's shortly and we will all be able to pour over them and see which one's fit our world view. I would then encourage everyone, regardless of their preferences to have their say and actually vote. 

One thing I will say, is that I really do dislike the way that our politics in the UK has descended into "whataboutery" over the last few years.

Just my opinion and I don't think he is statesman like at all, in reference to your last point he is the guilty party here, he grabs headlines by slamming into the Tories at every opportunity, gets plenty of jeers during PMQ but the voter will be sick of this in 6 weeks time and as you rightly said it's about the manifesto - key battle grounds being Rwanda vs Border force plan.

The Economy, he needs a more vibrant Chancellor as she is pretty much agreeing with most of the Tory economic policies! There are plenty of middle class labour voters that won't want their income chewed up by a reduction of the trigger for the 45% rate or the introduction of 50% tax rate either. 

Starmer will win the election because he has an open goal, not because he has wrestled it off the incumbent. 

• Like 2

In the interests of some balance... for those that want some more in depth views of the main parties approaches and plans. 

https://www.conservatives.com/news

https://labour.org.uk/updates/

https://www.libdems.org.uk/vision

https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/

and if you can stomach it https://www.reformparty.uk/policies

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

That couldn’t be further from the truth. She’s a working class woman who, denied opportunities, self educated and grafted to make her own. Highly intelligent, very amusing, sharp as a knife - you underestimate her the same way every Tory has - and come off the worse for it in the HoC.

She’s the living embodiment of what levelling up should have been - and a shining example of how Labour’s  child care policy worked, so much so she’s a powerful advocate for that to happen again to allow more working class mothers the chance to better themselves. 

The antithesis of a “chav”.

You've done your research, but the majority wont and I'm talking about public perception of her. I just don't warm to her, chav was probably OTT.

Just now, Tommy G said:

You've done your research, but the majority wont and I'm talking about public perception of her. I just don't warm to her, chav was probably OTT.

Public perception is driven by Tory media - and they’ve been gunning for her since day 1, subjecting her to blatant and vile misogyny. 

The post she holds was voted for by the members of the party, her constituency adores her. She’s a very popular woman once you step away from Fleet St noise. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Public perception is driven by Tory media - and they’ve been gunning for her since day 1, subjecting her to blatant and vile misogyny. 

The post she holds was voted for by the members of the party, her constituency adores her. She’s a very popular woman once you step away from Fleet St noise. 

to be fair this is a good watch

19 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

to be fair this is a good watch

Not seen that, but I've popped it on in the background - she is coming across pretty much as the genuine, kind, honest person I know her to be.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Labour 390

Conservatives: 130

Lib Dems 30

SNP 21

Others: 79

Can't see anything but a pretty sizable landslide 

I reckon for the main parties we'll see something like this, maybe a few more SNP -> LAB considering the direction of polling and not as many others, but more or less this. It will take something astonishing for it to not be a landslide.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1