Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We have the opportunity to wind up all the best people on July 4th. 

wild that Christopher Hitchens can have been dead for a decade and still have more interesting thoughts than this berk

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not long to go now, people. Going to be a Tory bonfire on the 4th of July and I can't ****ing wait.

It's going to be a glorious day

l'm collecting all Conservative promotional material and paraphernalia just for this on July 5th.

Does anyone know how I can get it in bulk and for free?

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

wild that Christopher Hitchens can have been dead for a decade and still have more interesting thoughts than this berk

It is a matter of real sadness that Christopher was lost too soon and we were left with his vastly inferior brother.

• Like 1

Friday 5 July gonna be a helluva day. Post election so no real attention on work and celebrating a Tory landslide defeat. Then England’s QF kicks off at 5pm so perfect excuse to get to the pub at 1pm. Just pray for dry and bright weather 

• Like 1

On 23/05/2024 at 07:25, Collymore said:

You joke but from the look of the poll results on "who you'll be voting for" you'd think it was an original opinion!

Sorry to quote such an old message and to sound a bit harsh but I think this is not only unoriginal but just simply lazy/ignorant. 

You can't seriously think they're all the same when you see the complete shit show we've had in this country over the last few years, as well the abundance of evidence of where we are now vs the noughties on a number of different areas. 

This is is without even mentioning some of the superb MPs we have in the country compared to some of the awful, self-serving shite we have too. 

Sorry it just really bugs me when I hear this as it is one of the contributors to people thinking they shouldnt bother voting for change.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Sorry to quote such an old message and to sound a bit harsh but I think this is not only unoriginal but just simply lazy/ignorant. 

You can't seriously think they're all the same when you see the complete shit show we've had in this country over the last few years, as well the abundance of evidence of where we are now vs the noughties on a number of different areas. 

This is is without even mentioning some of the superb MPs we have in the country compared to some of the awful, self-serving shite we have too. 

Sorry it just really bugs me when I hear this as it is one of the contributors to people thinking they shouldnt bother voting for change.

You sound like you're heavily invested in a party, perhaps Labour and think about conventional politics far more than I do - but I respect your views because you're probably looking at it from a completly different angle.

You see my comment on the surface may seem like an average viewpoint, but I really do think we need a complete overhaul of world politics on a human level let alone UK. I don't think I'd be able to start with my views on here because society (let alone Foxestalk) is probably a couple of world wars and 100 years away from it.

So whatever  "modern party" is on offer - I stand by words.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

No leader of a party has ever wanted to lose harder than Sunak. This is Corbyn campaigning to remain levels of energy. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Collymore said:

You sound like you're heavily invested in a party, perhaps Labour and think about conventional politics far more than I do - but I respect your views because you're probably looking at it from a completly different angle.

You see my comment on the surface may seem like an average viewpoint, but I really do think we need a complete overhaul of world politics on a human level let alone UK. I don't think I'd be able to start with my views on here because society (let alone Foxestalk) is probably a couple of world wars and 100 years away from it.

So whatever  "modern party" is on offer - I stand by words.

Okay - it's interesting hearing an explanation and I think you're definitely not like the average person who would make that comment!

What I would say is that we can all hope and dream of overhauling a system, but it isn't going to happen any time soon and lives genuinely change because of who you vote for. Something as simple as how long it takes to see your GP in this govt against what it was with New Labour. 

Your vote matters immensely even if you think it's a least worse option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ousefox said:

What I would say is that we can all hope and dream of overhauling a system, but it isn't going to happen any time soon

But that mindset is kicking the can down the road.

We need to at least reform how the voting system works -  elect people on numerical votes - that would be a start. 

Interesting discussion.

My only two pence on the matter is that there is no one-size-fits-all solution for governance, because there are so many different issues to address that quite frankly need different methods of governance to be effective at addressing them.

• Like 1

The Tories social media manager must think the public are fvcking idiots (some are) with their campaigns there lol

They must think they're on to winners or something going viral for all the right reasons. Anything but. 

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Even when he puts in some effort, it's still a poor presentation.  Even his house looks depressed.  

Sorry to break it to you mate but that’s quite clearly a green screen

Posted (edited)

Has anyone seen those shit Keir Starmer doll ads on Youtube? This bollocks:

85319983-13458199-image-a-75_17165968665

They pop up often, and they're not even obviously attributed to a particular party (although you can easily enough guess that it's shit Tory patter). In the old days, on TV, you'd at least get your "this is a party political broadcast by ..." disclaimer. Or posters / newspaper ads would at least have the logo of the party responsible. But now we've got a free for all of internet ads, lobbed up by any arsehole, with no rules or anything behind it. Then you've got people getting parties communiating to them via bloody Tiktoks and shit memes. It's like we've ended up with a system where we are just absorbing the culture and shit standards of American political electioneering into our system, with an added sprinkling of Wild West Internet free-for-all on top.

Edited by orangecity23

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

@urban.spaceman i know you at least will appreciate this lol

Tory lies exposed again. 

https://www.bedfordindependent.co.uk/bedford-kempston-mp-candidate-apologises-for-misunderstanding-over-campaign-material-claims/

image.thumb.png.30251f0c410f6d4ea437f6e18d4c6306.png

Add it to your ever-growing collection! 

That's got to be ending up on HIGNFY this week surely lol

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

Old racists voted for the white woman over the brown man.

I'd argue that the resurgence of Tice & Farage's limited company of grift is in no small part down to Sunak's ethnicity and Tory racists.

It’s still baffling how she got into that final 2 to be put to the membership though. She is straight up not intelligent enough to be an MP and her fellow MPs must have known that. I knew it and I’m not even a party member.

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

It’s still baffling how she got into that final 2 to be put to the membership though. She is straight up not intelligent enough to be an MP and her fellow MPs must have known that. I knew it and I’m not even a party member.

Stupid leadership election system.  Labour also put in place the system which put Corbyn in charge so they are as bad as each other.

With a bit of luck Reform take all the arseholes (and on the left the nutters sod off to the SWP) and we can have sensible centre right and centre left politics.  That said we STILL lack talented people in politics, and while their every move is picked apart and criticised, they get death threats on a daily basis etc, why would anyone capable bother?

On 01/06/2024 at 21:59, Daggers said:

Given that Starmer hasn’t been PM, I can’t remotely agree that he’s the same as the last five PMs who have hit record borrowing, huge poverty, reversed homelessness and removed us from our biggest trading block. Starmer hasn’t flooded the rivers with shit or put utility bills so high families choose between them and feeding themselves. It’s a false equivalence. 

Whilst that is 100% correct, they're also not offering substantive policies to address the issues that you've highlighted. They've backed themselves into a corner by committing to the same fiscal rules as the tories. This unfortunately shows the power not only of right-wing newspapers in this country, but the people that are now funding the Labour Party. 

What concerns me about this most is what happens if there isn't any improvement in people's material conditions under this Labour government. If the perceived centre-right and the perceived centre-left have failed, where do people turn? The story across Europe is that people are turning to the far-right. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Has anyone seen those shit Keir Starmer doll ads on Youtube? This bollocks:

85319983-13458199-image-a-75_17165968665

They pop up often, and they're not even obviously attributed to a particular party (although you can easily enough guess that it's shit Tory patter). In the old days, on TV, you'd at least get your "this is a party political broadcast by ..." disclaimer. Or posters / newspaper ads would at least have the logo of the party responsible. But now we've got a free for all of internet ads, lobbed up by any arsehole, with no rules or anything behind it. Then you've got people getting parties communiating to them via bloody Tiktoks and shit memes. It's like we've ended up with a system where we are just absorbing the culture and shit standards of American political electioneering into our system, with an added sprinkling of Wild West Internet free-for-all on top.

I've been getting them on FT too. Although there is small print on them that tells you they are from the Conservative party. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Whilst that is 100% correct, they're also not offering substantive policies to address the issues that you've highlighted. They've backed themselves into a corner by committing to the same fiscal rules as the tories. This unfortunately shows the power not only of right-wing newspapers in this country, but the people that are now funding the Labour Party. 

What concerns me about this most is what happens if there isn't any improvement in people's material conditions under this Labour government. If the perceived centre-right and the perceived centre-left have failed, where do people turn? The story across Europe is that people are turning to the far-right. 

The commitments any party make in the run up mean jack shite. We've seen that already. 

Labour are doing the right thing, get power, then get to work. The conservatives ain't dead until election day. Makes no sense to promise fixing the country before that happens. 

• Like 2