Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Top 5 Tories I want to see lose their seat:

Sunak

Truss

Penny Mordor

Mogg

Gullis

You include Mordaunt but not Braverman? If they take an absolute hammering but Braverman keeps her seat, she will probably be the next leader of the Conservative Party. She is a dangerous woman who I hope is nowhere near frontline British politics. If Mordaunt becomes Tory leader, I can live with that. At least she seems somewhat sane. 

My top five are:

Braverman
Badenoch
Rees-Mogg
Gullis
Truss

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

You include Mordaunt but not Braverman? If they take an absolute hammering but Braverman keeps her seat, she will probably be the next leader of the Conservative Party. She is a dangerous woman who I hope is nowhere near frontline British politics. If Mordaunt becomes Tory leader, I can live with that. At least she seems somewhat sane. 

My top five are:

Braverman
Badenoch
Rees-Mogg
Gullis
Truss

She was 6th. Nearly put Corbyn but that would have been controversial. 

24 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

My top five are:

Braverman
Badenoch
Rees-Mogg
Gullis
Truss

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

To add, I put Mordor because they’re trying to manoeuvre her as a potential leader after this defeat but her seat isn’t safe - practically nobody’s is. Braverman is indeed dangerous but most people are now aware of that and her incompetence. She may well remain but I don’t think they’re insane enough to make her leader. If she did, I’m sure she wouldn’t last long. 

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Particularly in your list of “Top 5 Tories”. :cool:

I agree with Ben though - I want the extremists out and the moderates to remain. I don’t see Mordaunt as dangerous at all but Braverman is. She and Truss would top my list by some distance.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Top 5 Tories I want to see lose their seat:

Sunak

Truss

Penny Mordor

Mogg

Gullis

No way could I do something like that. A Top 5 list is discriminatory and crass. 

I have a Top 300 list which is altogether more inclusive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is Nigel going to change his mind?

has Donald’s conviction moved the goalposts ?

No and no. He's already practically said its an "Establishment stitch up". Ditto Boris, though I've no idea why such a dedicated environmental campaigner as Boris could choose to back a guy and ideology that clearly doesn't give two shits about it.

17 hours ago, Collymore said:

. I don't think I'd be able to start with my views on here because society (let alone Foxestalk) is probably a couple of world wars and 100 years away from it.

ah, luxury automated space communism. 

unfortunately it's posadism or nothing, if your politics doesn't have psychic space dolphins then what's it even for

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

No and no. He's already practically said its an "Establishment stitch up". Ditto Boris, though I've no idea why such a dedicated environmental campaigner as Boris could choose to back a guy and ideology that clearly doesn't give two shits about it.

This is Farage. He said he definitely wouldn't stand so surely he's bound to now announce he's standing?

Talk of Clacton, as surprise surprise the current incumbent Reform candidate has been outed for some dubious social media posts.

Eminently winnable seat for Reform.

Hate him or loathe him Farage standing would be even more bad news for the Tories.

10 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

This is Farage. He said he definitely wouldn't stand so surely he's bound to now announce he's standing?

Talk of Clacton, as surprise surprise the current incumbent Reform candidate has been outed for some dubious social media posts.

Eminently winnable seat for Reform.

Hate him or loathe him Farage standing would be even more bad news for the Tories.

Entirely possible, yeah.

Perhaps the Kremlin grift money he's getting is enough for now without having to consider that move to the US and get the "consultancy fee" for having his tongue consistently up an orange rectum.

3 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

The cynic in me thinks the Tories actually do want to lose the election.  Maybe they know how bad the books are and don't want to be the party in power when all the chickens come home to Roost.  They can then blame the carnage on "labours incompetence". 

It may even be that they can see that one of ways out of this mess is to re-join or re-negotiate with the EU, but can't really do so, as they are the main architects of brexit. 

if none of the above is true, the levels of incompetence on this GE campaign is breath-taking! 

They defo want to lose, Sunak has his new life in California sorted with the school places confirmed and a NED role at Blackrock in the bag. Nice bit of chill earning top dollar and 'former UK PM' forever etched on his CV, his hourly rate can now double. 

Likewise the next four years are going to continue to be very tough, inequality will skyrocket and standards will slip to becoming more third world, against a backdrop of general malaise from the British public. The Tories are best off starting their 2028 campaigning now, along the message of 'labour incompetence' you mention above. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

:nigel:

Rather suggests that instead of wooing Reform UK voters, the Conservatives are actually legitimising Reform UK instead.

• Like 1