Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Posted (edited)

Basically Farage moving from Defacto leader to Dejure leader. This man was eating cockroaches in the jungle several months ago but he has fine tuned his demagogic rhetoric.

Edited by westernpark

Essex, haha shock. 

Also, the whole tone of the Libs Dems is completely off in my opinion. Taking themselves "less seriously" during probably one of the most important election campaigns in a long time makes them look totally ridiculous imo. 

Not sure the war monger Tobias Elwood is going to lose his seat here which is a shame, but not surprising as the average age of Bournemouth is about 112. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Essex, haha shock. 

Also, the whole tone of the Libs Dems is completely off in my opinion. Taking themselves "less seriously" during probably one of the most important election campaigns in a long time makes them look totally ridiculous imo. 

Not sure the war monger Tobias Elwood is going to lose his seat here which is a shame, but not surprising as the average age of Bournemouth is about 112. 

Im not convinced it is, as much as everyone's fed up of the tories, Sunak isn't the worst they've had recently, and wouldn't utterly bring the country to its knees.

Think the Lib dems have gone for "personaltity" as a differential, but unless they couple it with some progressive ideas I don't see it having any cut through.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Is Nigel going to change his mind?

has Donald’s conviction moved the goalposts ?

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

No and no. He's already practically said its an "Establishment stitch up". Ditto Boris, though I've no idea why such a dedicated environmental campaigner as Boris could choose to back a guy and ideology that clearly doesn't give two shits about it.

I think you misunderstood me Mac 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Incredible. 

The elderly really need to foad already. They’re just hellbent on screwing the future for their kids and grandchildren. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think you misunderstood me Mac 

Ah, I thought you meant changing his mind about standing and whether or not what's happening Stateside would affect that. If that's right, I clarified a bit further onward - do correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by leicsmac

Incredible that Clacton has a history of voting for the Tories and UKIP - but none of them have alleviated the poverty or got additional GPs into the area. 

And now they will go do it all over again with Farage and still not have anything happen to improve their town. 

Morons. 

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Ah, I thought you meant changing his mind about standing and whether or not what's happening Stateside would affect that. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

so you didn’t 

a) u r therefore surprised that he’s standing 

b) u don’t believe  that events in the states have fed in at all to his decision making ? 

22 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spoke too soon, Jesus! 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

so you didn’t 

a) u r therefore surprised that he’s standing 

b) u don’t believe  that events in the states have fed in at all to his decision making ? 

Having considered it further, I'm thinking that like any good grifter, he's hedging his bets. Standing now allows him to buy time (and remain on the rouble gravy train) while things pan out over the pond, and if he doesn't win the seat he'll still be in a position to be a rabble rouser and get a big payoff from Trump if he wins, or continue to be a shitstirrer with suspiciously Slavic funding if he doesn't.

What's happened today is just his way of boosting his profile to either of the pimps that might pay him.

Edit: sorry, to answer the questions directly, a little but not anymore having thought about it, and yes, in that order.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Incredible that Clacton has a history of voting for the Tories and UKIP - but none of them have alleviated the poverty or got additional GPs into the area. 

And now they will go do it all over again with Farage and still not have anything happen to improve their town. 

Morons. 

It's one of the most deprived areas in the country. My aunt was a headteacher and moved to a primary school there just over a decade ago. Some kids turned up on their first day at school in nappies, some underfed. One kid - at four years old - had never even been on the ground floor before. They'd been brought home to a high-rise flat and literally never left. Some kids had never been to the seaside before, despite living in Clacton-On-Sea. Parents either weren't working or were on very low pay - or resorting to crime. The teachers were actually being paid really well but performing challengingly - the school was in special measures when my aunt took over and within a year Ofsted's rating was "excellent", until she retired, and a year later it was back down to inadequate because of poor leadership and worsening deprivation in the local area. It continues to baffle me that people will continue to vote for the one party that is the cause every ill they have.

• Like 1