Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Posted (edited)

Personally, i think we should cut all the faffing around and get the more main political parties to get a team of MPs together and have a game of It's a knock out. Celebreties can be included. 

Seeing Meatloaf run around trying to catch Steve Cram definitely improved by opinion of him. If Dianne abbott did the same to Nigel Farage, i might be tempted to vote for her...

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

As much as I would love to see the Tories lose even harder, the fact that Reform are seen as a 'danger' electorally is just such a depressing indictment of politics in England and the right wing especially. 

Think it's a great way to split the Tory vote, personally..

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

Think it's a great way to split the Tory vote, personally..

Farage being in UK politics is not good in any way, even if it takes voters away from the conservatives. 

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

Farage being in UK politics is not good in any way, even if it takes voters away from the conservatives. 

The ideology he embodies is the real problem, but sadly he's one of a few around right now who are rather good at selling that particular ideology.

Seen some very right-wing people saying they think that Reform can win the election now that Farage is leader. It's funny how they think they're a silent minority. I understand that there are a lot of socially conservative people in this country, but people very easily forget that the Conservative Party themselves actually polled way better under Cameron 10/15 years ago when he was flogging his socially liberal 'big society', legalise gay marriage, 'hug a hoodie' thing whilst also killing poor people with austerity. 

Brexit and the 2019 general election really boiled a lot of people's brains. 

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Seen some very right-wing people saying they think that Reform can win the election now that Farage is leader. It's funny how they think they're a silent minority. I understand that there are a lot of socially conservative people in this country, but people very easily forget that the Conservative Party themselves actually polled way better under Cameron 10/15 years ago when he was flogging his socially liberal 'big society', legalise gay marriage, 'hug a hoodie' thing whilst also killing poor people with austerity. 

I think they're possibly aware of how Hitler rose to prominence and making a false comparison. Plus, Farage is being horribly manoeuvred by all the worst dark money going.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think they're possibly aware of how Hitler rose to prominence and making a false comparison. Plus, Farage is being horribly manoeuvred by all the worst dark money going.

Oh absolutely. One of their main policies is scrapping net zero and he has openly said that he wants the NHS to be become an insurance system. Definitely has the backing of dark money. Also, he is the star of GB News, which is backed heavily by the Legatum Institute, an investment firm based in the UAE. 

Right-wing populism is based on 'standing upto the elite'. The issue with it is the 'elite' that they are fighting isn't really the elite and they're just propagandists for the actual elite. 

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Oh absolutely. One of their main policies is scrapping net zero and he has openly said that he wants the NHS to be become an insurance system. Definitely has the backing of dark money. Also, he is the star of GB News, which is backed heavily by the Legatum Institute, an investment firm based in the UAE. 

Right-wing populism is based on 'standing upto the elite'. The issue with it is the 'elite' that they are fighting isn't really the elite and they're just propagandists for the actual elite. 

Yes, it's copybook 'accuse your enemies of that which you yourself are guilty'.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

In addition to this, the events of 2016 and since have, rightly or wrongly, shaken and emboldened those on either side of this particular spectrum and 10-15 years ago there wasn't such a glut of highly accessible and rampant digital misinformation available that can easily be weaponised in a way that is proving to be rather scarily effective in a lot of places.

It's very easy to think that it "couldn't happen here" - but I wouldn't want to stake my life on that, nor anyone else's. And, at the end of the day, that is what is at stake here - lives. Possibly a great many.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

In addition to this, the events of 2016 and since have, rightly or wrongly, shaken and emboldened those on either side of this particular spectrum and 10-15 years ago there wasn't such a glut of highly accessible and rampant digital misinformation available that can easily be weaponised in a way that is proving to be rather scarily effective in a lot of places.

It's very easy to think that it "couldn't happen here" - but I wouldn't want to stake my life on that, nor anyone else's. And, at the end of the day, that is what is at stake here - lives. Possibly a great many.

One only has to look at our press, the malign influences on general worldwide political discourse, the financial interests involved and how easily a total fraud like Johnson came to power to see that it IS happening here, whomever wins the upcoming election.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Considering how “clear” this “plan” for saving our economy supposedly is from the Tories, I sure wish they’d actually be clear about what the plan actually entails.

Edited by Sampson