Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

51 minutes ago, Daggers said:

#EdWatch Day 6

Ed plays 'Blue Wall' Jenga lol

ed.jpg

I am enjoying finding out what Ed is doing every day at this point. The fact he wasn't happy he couldn't have a 2nd go on the slip and slide the other day was perfect. 

I honestly thought he was going to be behind that boat yesterday on a set of water ski's. They know their role in this election and they are enjoying it. 

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It's darkly amusing that immigration/migration appears to be high in the minds of many in this election cycle, and yet the only party seemingly giving any thought to the issue that will cause a truly unimaginable level of migration in the near future if not addressed adequately is the Greens.

The theory of climate migration is strong and inarguable, but I don’t see it happening in reality.

10k’s already die per year (indirectly I’d guess) through changing patterns. That will continue this summer. Yet people still moving to Miami/California and happily booking holidays to Greece, Spain, Italy in high rush months like august. Either don’t know or care 

And if mass movement does occur, we’ll just go to war, kill them aol and annex our lands off. If the British public happily cheer on Saudi and Israel in their wars in Yemen and Gaza, there’s no way we’d stand in the way of something that’ll directly affect us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I would’ve agreed with you until 2016.

People tried to say this during the EU referendum, people tried to make economic and social arguments about the need for immigration, people tried to argue it might actually increase immigration as you’d make it harder to get in short term workers from abroad so people would have to hire longer term instead, people tried to argue they’d be making their children or grandchildren’s life into an anxiety and beurocratic ridden hell if they fell in love with a non-British person, people tried to argue our universities would start losing highly skilled talent, people tried to argue highly skilled workers would start choosing Germany or France instead.  

Problem is every time they were met with “project fear” “we’re taking back control” “you don’t believe in Britain” “you’re unpatriotic” and 3 word slogans and blind calls for patriotism and “Brits vs the world” mentality won out. 

Then we were told we couldn’t call a bigot a bigot and remain only lost because they called people racist. 

I just can’t see where this “informed debate” would genuinely happen and it wouldn’t be flooded with 2 word slogans and calls of patriotism. I remember the optimistic days of the 90s and 00s where it felt like that could happen, this isn’t how politics works in 2024 sadly.

You're right, but it's just depressing. 

35 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The theory of climate migration is strong and inarguable, but I don’t see it happening in reality.

10k’s already die per year (indirectly I’d guess) through changing patterns. That will continue this summer. Yet people still moving to Miami/California and happily booking holidays to Greece, Spain, Italy in high rush months like august. Either don’t know or care 

And if mass movement does occur, we’ll just go to war, kill them aol and annex our lands off. If the British public happily cheer on Saudi and Israel in their wars in Yemen and Gaza, there’s no way we’d stand in the way of something that’ll directly affect us 

Yeah, that's the way it appears right now.

I just think for those exact reasons it shows up the whole argument for what it is - facile, nationalistic stupidity that ends nowhere good, because even if the drawbridge gets pulled up all over the world a population crash of over a billion people, likely inside of a decade (perhaps energy more) is going to be felt materially by those left afterwards.

To say nothing of everyone afterwards being made to take moral responsibility for a holocaust that makes all the others in the past look really small.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Has anybody reminded Farage that he supported prioritising immigration from the RoW over the much much smaller EU?

If you voted Brexit because you thought there were "too many brown faces in Sainsbury's", as one person said on a national radio call-in show, you have now ended up with far more brown faces as a result of us leaving the European Union. 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

I’m not a fan of this.

I understand that point of view. But, honestly, using large rocks would probably be even more frowned upon.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

FB_IMG_1717511767796.thumb.jpg.db0c11c327255a86ea72e1edfcf51e22.jpg

Tonight's TV debate should be a laugh.  Sunak will have to break character and answer questions.  He's become very clever at not answering any at PMQs each week.  I doubt firing lines at Starmer about Corbyn, no plan, square one etc will prove to be a successful strategy.  Hope he is held to account by the TV presenter as the current speaker of the house is steamrollered every week.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, that's the way it appears right now.

I just think for those exact reasons it shows up the whole argument for what it is - facile, nationalistic stupidity that ends nowhere good, because even if the drawbridge gets pulled up all over the world a population crash of over a billion people, likely inside of a decade (perhaps energy more) is going to be felt materially by those left afterwards.

To say nothing of everyone afterwards being made to take moral responsibility for a holocaust that makes all the others in the past look really small.

Agreed and the moral argument is really interesting, morbidly fascinated to see how that plays out as it will be in our lifetime.

Baby boomers are arguably responsible for the unprecedented and historic decline in this country into decrepit decay. Do any of them care about their role in our fall from global superpower to irrelevant island? Not a jot, iTs ThE ToRyS fAuLt being the prevailing view. But baby boomers will be remembered for their unforgivable failure and stunning incompetence long into history. I hope our generation takes more responsibility as the world continues to burn 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed and the moral argument is really interesting, morbidly fascinated to see how that plays out as it will be in our lifetime.

Baby boomers are arguably responsible for the unprecedented and historic decline in this country into decrepit decay. Do any of them care about their role in our fall from global superpower to irrelevant island? Not a jot, iTs ThE ToRyS fAuLt being the prevailing view. But baby boomers will be remembered for their unforgivable failure and stunning incompetence long into history. I hope our generation takes more responsibility as the world continues to burn 

You appear to group everybody born between 1946 and 1964 together as if all the same. I don't want to get into a to and fro argument but just like to point out some of us do care about the country and more particularly our children and grandchildren.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

You appear to group everybody born between 1946 and 1964 together as if all the same. I don't want to get into a to and fro argument but just like to point out some of us do care about the country and more particularly our children and grandchildren.  

You're right.

Sadly it is a case of not enough people, regardless of age, caring enough about the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

You're right.

Sadly it is a case of not enough people, regardless of age, caring enough about the future.

Totally, there are anomalies of course. But the fact is the baby boomers inherited everything and passed on nothing. That incompetence will not be forgotten in the history books.

My generation will oversee the unwinding of the global climate regulatory system and the extreme carnage that will follow, and be held responsible for it. Fact.

We are each responsible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Totally, there are anomalies of course. But the fact is the baby boomers inherited everything and passed on nothing. That incompetence will not be forgotten in the history books.

My generation will oversee the unwinding of the global climate regulatory system and the extreme carnage that will follow, and be held responsible for it. Fact.

We are each responsible.

Tbh I think that's true because if the shit does hit the fan, those who are left to pick up the pieces aren't going to have the inclination to parse exactly who was to blame anyway - they will blame and take it out on everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What a load of claptrap blaming the so-called baby-boomers for all our ills.

You should remember we had to live on rations up to around 1953 and this after our fathers had "lost" 6 years of their lives fighting for the freedoms we have today many never returning.

Just look through the history books and you will find many of instances of incompetence where things could and should have been done better.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

We are each responsible.

As this is under the election heading it is interesting to note that as far as our leaders are concerned the first baby boomer PM was Blair in 1997 and the first boomer US President was Clinton.  I would suggest a lot of the current problems pre-dates these two for example and pre-boomers were in power.