Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Angela Raynor is basically a chav. 

Hi Rishi 

In all seriousness this is a bit pathetic and dare I say it, a bit Tory. 

And as for manifestos, well the current bunch of fraudsters have hardly stuck to theirs have they. 

Even if she was a chav, I think I'd rather see a chav trying to be a politician for better than watching a politician (lol) like Rishi trying to be a normal bloke :facepalm: down the pub to get votes and making a complete ball sack of himself. 

Just now, Lako42 said:

Even if she was a chav, I think I'd rather see a chav trying to be a politician for better than watching a politician (lol) like Rishi trying to be a normal bloke :facepalm: down the pub to get votes and making a complete ball sack of himself. 

ok but are you telling me you wouldn't get some sick joy at seeing Rishi cry at Wembley this weekend? 

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Hi Rishi 

In all seriousness this is a bit pathetic and dare I say it, a bit Tory. 

And as for manifestos, well the current bunch of fraudsters have hardly stuck to theirs have they. 

No but as part of an election campaign you need a watertight Manifesto, otherwise the Tory's will do the same and sling mud at Labour for 5 years for not sticking to theirs. 

If you campaign slogan is Change, lets see what actual ''Change'' is proposed and how its funded. Any side loses credibility when all they do is pick holes in each other. 

58 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

No but as part of an election campaign you need a watertight Manifesto, otherwise the Tory's will do the same and sling mud at Labour for 5 years for not sticking to theirs. 

If you campaign slogan is Change, lets see what actual ''Change'' is proposed and how its funded. Any side loses credibility when all they do is pick holes in each other. 

No party has published a manifesto. You don’t publish manifestos until elections are called - and then there’s a lag between the announcement and getting docs from the printers. You don’t preprint as things can change, you don’t release to the web until the launch. 

Given Sunak knew when the announcement was coming, he could’ve released theirs yesterday. He didn’t, and yet you aren’t complaining about them not delivering a set of costed proposals. 

*Actually, Tice’s limited company of fascists do have a manifesto - it’s a pile of sick near the toilets in a Wetherspoons in Colchester. Quite an improvement from previous iterations of his grifting shitfest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

No party has published a manifesto. You don’t publish manifestos until elections are called - and then there’s a lag between the announcement and getting docs from the printers. You don’t preprint as things can change, you don’t release to the web until the launch. 

Given Sunak knew when the announcement was coming, he could’ve released theirs yesterday. He didn’t, and yet you aren’t complaining about them not delivering a set of costed proposals. 

*Actually, Tice’s limited company of fascists do have a manifesto - it’s a pile of sick near the toilets in a Wetherspoons in Colchester. Quite an improvement from previous iterations of his grifting shitfest. 

I don't think anywhere in my post I said Labour haven't published it yet and that they should of, I'm well aware of how the timings work!

What I do find interesting though, is that if you look at the labour website and the Conservative website.... there is MUCH more on Labours plan and how they plan to renew the country, versus what is on the Conservative website..... for all of you saying "yeah but labour don't have a plan" I suspect it's because you haven't tried to look for it, or are so tuned out to it, that you haven't heard what's been said. 

Tory.JPG

Labour.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

What do most of them deserve to be hanged for?

This was a tongue in cheek remark but the people of this country have not been well served over the years by either of the two main parties.

Instead of getting on with the job they were elected to do all we have had is sleaze of one kind or another. I for one, expect better.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It will be closer than most think, I fear, because we are a right-leaning country with a horrifically biased, corrupt and politically intertwined gutter press, who will do anything they can to weaken the majority.

I suspect you are right, it will be closer than you think.... I'd almost bet that the tory's are hoping that if a narrative is spun that it's a done deal, then labour voters won't feel a need to come out and vote. 

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

What do most of them deserve to be hanged for?

For the blatant corruption that goes on from awarding government contracts to family and friends. Giving peerages to donors. While the country suffered from austerity they were raking it in. The corruption surrounding the awarding of PPE contracts. The list is virtually endless. If not hanged they certainly deserve to be in jail and prosecuted to the full.

I'm no expert, but if Labour aren't going to win this, I don't see how they ever will. 

But it will be interesting to see turnout. I'm in Blackpool where Labour won a seat very recently, but all that really happened was Conservative voters didn't vote rather than changing their vote. Interesting to see if they come back at a general. 

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What happens if there is a hung parliament? 

Coalition. 

Minority (essentially, in effective) Govt.

Lib Dem’s might be making a come back. 

if I remember rightly, if there is a hung parliament, Sunak (as existing PM before GE) gets first choice but someone might know better. 

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

For the blatant corruption that goes on from awarding government contracts to family and friends. Giving peerages to donors. While the country suffered from austerity they were raking it in. The corruption surrounding the awarding of PPE contracts. The list is virtually endless. If not hanged they certainly deserve to be in jail and prosecuted to the full.

He was saying both parties though. As far as I'm aware, only one party is responsible for all that.

It just seems to be a remarkable coincidence that we only ever see this kind of "all as bad as each other" line trotted out when the Tories are doing badly.

• Like 3