Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's not great viewing (they never are), but then you're a complete fvcking idiot if you'd let these programmes influence your vote in any way at all tbh.

it’s like being invited to watch Patson Daka train..

• Haha 1

Just now, westernpark said:

Etchingham is a disappointment.

That's very polite.

She should never work in television again. Awful display.

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

I was just waiting for someone to ask about Jimmy Savile and why the case was dropped, whilst he head the CPS.

Nigel Farage would wipe the floor with the pair of these. 

Corrected for you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

“Leadership” debate :nono:

A population of 60 million and these two are the best we can offer. Sad times.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Their actual manifestos and not some soundbites from 45 seconds? 

Unfortunately only about 5% of us will read the manifesto.

If Starmer or Sunak said I’m turning around all boats around and sending them back to France in this debate, Fred who goes down the pub every night likes the sound of this and votes for him. He doesn’t care that he’ll no longer be able to afford his beer, because the party is also re-introducing window tax. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Harsh take in all honesty.

Politics and political insight isn't taught regularly and is difficult to understand at best of time. 

Very few political writers or manifestos are written in a way for many to understand or comprehend. These debates are meant to make it more accessible, so of course people are going to be influenced 

Disagree, I'm afraid. I find the bullet points of manifestos are usually pretty clear and put in reasonably clear language.

I'm all for making politics more accessible, but this kind of shouting match doesn't do that. It disenfranchises, rather than engages.

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

So what influences your vote?

Reading as much as I can, listening to in-depth interviews and finding out as much detail of each party's policies as I can. That's what matters more than who can be the biggest giobshite in 45 seconds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Keir getting battered here, the tories have messed up so much and he has the biggest open goal - but he’s such a poor leader for Labour, he’s garbage. 

Battered..... by letting Sunak make a tit of himself

Posted (edited)

They make no difference of course ed miliband wiped the floor with Cameron in 2015 in the tv debates

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Disagree, I'm afraid. I find the bullet points of manifestos are usually pretty clear and put in reasonably clear language.

I'm all for making politics more accessible, but this kind of shouting match doesn't do that. It disenfranchises, rather than engages.

Reading as much as I can, listening to in-depth interviews and finding out as much detail of each party's policies as I can. That's what matters more than who can be the biggest giobshite in 45 seconds.

Whilst I agree with you, we are unfortunately in the minority. 

Starmer actually sounded semi normal answering about the football. 

Sunak tried to come across as billy big bollocks. 

4 minutes ago, Otis said:

Corrected for you.

Possibly so.

A great point for how damaging the valuing of grifters with a smooth manner can be to a great many important matters in this digital soundbite era.