Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The only thing worse than the format of that “debate” was the abysmal, truly abysmal, role Etchingham played.

Starmer is being criticised for being a decent man and not being a rude, tetchy, shouty shit like Sunak - something she should’ve controlled. Instead, she exerted no control and anarchy reigned.

If anything summed up the last 14 years, last night did. I expect to see a much different Starmer next time.

Etchinghams mum was my Home Economics Teacher at highschool. She was odious. We called her Mrs Itchybum, obviously.

Edited by SecretPro

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

My point is it's a known fact how bad Liz Truss and BJ were for the tories - it's a given, but it shouldn't be used as a default response on what he will do with the future of the UK and his party if elected. He failed to answer pretty much every question, and then lied about his private healthcare views, to win votes. Anyone with half a brain can see through it. 

Genuinely no point even debating with you is there 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I wouldn't ever call a Tory "evil". Sunak isn't evil. I don't think he's well meaning. I think he's an out of his depth chancer who lucked his way into the biggest job in the country, much to the joy of his high finance mates.

His, and many similar people's, issue is being woefully out of touch. Why can't well off people just stay in their happy little bubbles, pay enough tax so that not everything is crap and just be happy with a 5 bed detached house? 

If I won a million pounds, I'd just give up work and fanny about. Can't understand the sheer need to be that rich. I'd rather spending the money on a PT and get absolutely shredded.

You wouldn't though, or at least you do not know that. By earning average wage in this country you are likely amongst the top 5% of global earners, probably in the top 0.1% of the richest people that have ever lived. Billions of people across the world will say why do you need a car, alcohol, meals out, takeaways, a TV, new clothes, a holiday, central heating, someone to cut your hair, junk food that adds no calorific value, a garden etc etc. We live in extreme and unnecessary luxury and always want more. You will not be saying no to a promotion or pay rise at work

54 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Genuinely no point even debating with you is there 

Says anyone who doesn't have the ability to put forward valid points or arguments. I'll leave it there. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Back to the fun bit of the thread

Almost as funny as Angela Rayner pledging to build a Cancer centre in Carlisle that already exists lol 

32 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Says anyone who doesn't have the ability to put forward valid points or arguments. I'll leave it there. 

On this topic, did we ever get round to finishing that enviro policy discussion? :D

41 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Like when you ignored my question last night and went off talking about Starmer as you still are today? Sure thing mate 

• Like 1

Listened to the post debate Rest is Politics podcast last night. Both hammered home that the format itself renders any idea of a constructive or even slightly useful debate impossible. Etchingham was cataclysmic but was at the mercy of the backward construction of the programme. The debates need to be feature length, between 2 and 3 hours. 5-10 minute allowances for answers to questions and then the possibility for debate that's mediated more openly. We learnt virtually nothing last night, as usual. That programme could potentially be the first time less politically involved voters have even heard or seen Keir Starmer or Rishi Sunak speak. A change of format could be really influential to their respective campaigns if they lobbied for a restructuring of the debates. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

My point is it's a known fact how bad Liz Truss and BJ were for the tories - it's a given, but it shouldn't be used as a default response on what he will do with the future of the UK and his party if elected. He failed to answer pretty much every question, and then lied about his private healthcare views, to win votes. Anyone with half a brain can see through it. 

Just because it's a given doesn't mean it's not relevant. He's had to row back on a number of pledges because of the state of the economy he would inherit if elected. Nobody (rightly) would expect a Tory candidate not to mention that there had been three Prime Ministers, and complete chaos, since the last election if the roles were reversed.

I'll look forward to seeing your proof about him lying about his views on private healthcare.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

:shutup:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

IDK, call me a drooling Labour cuck but it seemed to me Starmer was clearly clued up about the £2k tax figure being a load of old bollocks and let Sunak repeat it, therefore hanging himself with it once the news inevitably broke this morning. 

If that was the case and Starmer was across it, would it not have been smarter to pour cold water on it there and then? A chance many people's only active involvement in the campaigns will be those debates and buzz wording stuff like the £2000 tax rise might be taken as gospel. 

43 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Just because it's a given doesn't mean it's not relevant. He's had to row back on a number of pledges because of the state of the economy he would inherit if elected. Nobody (rightly) would expect a Tory candidate not to mention that there had been three Prime Ministers, and complete chaos, since the last election if the roles were reversed.

I'll look forward to seeing your proof about him lying about his views on private healthcare.

Fair enough he had to row back on some pledges, but then he must be prepared about what he IS going to do and deliver rather than shoot off about Liz Truss in response to most of the questions, that isn't leadership.  

Well I can't prove he is lying obviously, but I can form a view that he would rather use a private healthcare system than see one of his kids or wife die if they required treatment. 99% people would unless you are callous. It was in response to a question from the audience where a ladys cousin had died whilst being on a waiting list.

If you had the choice of your spouse or kids dying instead of receiving treatment from the private healthcare system, what would you do?

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Fair enough he had to row back on some pledges, but then he must be prepared about what he IS going to do and deliver rather than shoot off about Liz Truss in response to most of the questions, that isn't leadership.  

Well I can't prove he is lying obviously, but I can form a view that he would rather use a private healthcare system than see one of his kids or wife die if they required treatment. 99% people would unless you are callous. It was in response to a question from the audience where a ladys cousin had died whilst being on a waiting list.

If you had the choice of your spouse or kids dying instead of receiving treatment from the private healthcare system, what would you do?

I think I'd answer the same way knowing full well that i could get anyone I wanted skipped to the top of the NHS waiting list because I'm literally the Prime Minister lol

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

I think I'd answer the same way knowing full well that i could get anyone I wanted skipped to the top of the NHS waiting list because I'm literally the Prime Minister lol

Rishi was also being honest for once. With his wealth of course he'd pay for top private care if a member of his family needed treatment. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nick said:

Apparently the woman who threw a milkshake over Farage is connected to him personally and politically and was a staged event. 

This is all a bit cloudy, and the person linked to Reform is a different person to the person who actually threw a milkshake.

Best to let the truth come out gradually. A lot of conflicting reports out there.

• Like 1