Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Funny, but they already did that.

Do you seriously believe she pays the correct amount of tax?

*not the “legal” amount

Polls seem quite varied because nobody is quite sure how genuine the Reform vote is or how many Conservatives will get out and vote. 

It does seem nailed on that we have a Labour majority at this point which is quite amazing considering the result in 2019. 

23 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Polls seem quite varied because nobody is quite sure how genuine the Reform vote is or how many Conservatives will get out and vote. 

It does seem nailed on that we have a Labour majority at this point which is quite amazing considering the result in 2019. 

It's not amazing at all given all that has gone on since 2019.

Labour should win by a country mile. This is their golden opportunity.

Guessing some of the Reform bounce is attributed to some of the Tory losses. Seems like it'll be the standard cycle for future elections. 

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

As for this, for a party and leader basing a lot of their campaign around tax, it sure does smack of naivety and sheer stupidity not to have your own house in order before shouting the odds... 

On 05/06/2024 at 15:24, grobyfox1990 said:

Would be nice to hear from some Tory voters though, without them being chased off of this thread. Struggling to think of why anyone, in any demographic or age group, would vote for them. I am reasonably sure they will get more than one vote on July 4, so would be good to hear from anyone who is a real person as to why they are voting that way.

Out of the main posters on here who were historically Tory voters, myself included, I haven't seen anyone who has said they will be voting the same way this time. The problem with this group of voters is many of their views do not align with Labour, so I imagine their votes will be split amongst the fringe parties, spoiled, or they just won't bother. Who loses out the most if this happens I dont know, maybe it means the outcome will be closer than it seems at the moment?

Anyone who is actually planning to vote Conservative now must surely be over the age of about 70, possibly suffering with dementia or at least some kind of memory loss, otherwise why would they?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Anyone who is actually planning to vote Conservative now must surely be over the age of about 70, possibly suffering with dementia or at least some kind of memory loss, otherwise why would they?

Or indeed in the past. A baffling choice of vote.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

There is one other type of Tory voter, and the wife’s side of the family is full of them: the thick, poor Tory. 

All of them will vote for the Tory candidate because it’s their Pavlovian response to an election. They don’t know what the candidate or party stands for, they’ll never read the prospectus and their memories are for shit of the wrongs the Tories have done. 

In a way it has been the only success in their lives outside of supporting Man Utd. For one day every four years or so they can “own the libs” - which, for them, means taking the piss out of me because I have degrees and can use words they’ve never heard of.

It's fvcking retarded and one of the reason I firmly believe you should have to pass an exam to vote. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Daggers said:

There is one other type of Tory voter, and the wife’s side of the family is full of them: the thick, poor Tory. 

All of them will vote for the Tory candidate because it’s their Pavlovian response to an election. They don’t know what the candidate or party stands for, they’ll never read the prospectus and their memories are for shit of the wrongs the Tories have done. 

In a way it has been the only success in their lives outside of supporting Man Utd. For one day every four years or so they can “own the libs” - which, for them, means taking the piss out of me because I have degrees and can use words they’ve never heard of.

It's fvcking retarded and one of the reason I firmly believe you should have to pass an exam to vote. 

And that's obviously a complete demographic I hadn't considered, mainly because I didn't really realise they exist! Who are these poor thick people (your words, not mine!)  who think the Tories will do right by them? From whom have they learned the behaviour to vote Conservative without question? And why do they not realise there maybe (and probably is) a better alternative? Are they absorbing the Daily Mail and GB News in their sleep by osmosis?

So many questions lol

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

And that's obviously a complete demographic I hadn't considered, mainly because I didn't really realise they exist! Who are these poor thick people (your words, not mine!)  who think the Tories will do right by them? From whom have they learned the behaviour to vote Conservative without question? And why do they not realise there maybe (and probably is) a better alternative? Are they absorbing the Daily Mail and GB News in their sleep by osmosis?

So many questions lol

I may have answers for this, but will defer to @Daggers for now.

20 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

So many questions lol

They’re thick, they aren’t politically engaged, two of them are “not you mate, we like you, it’s all the others” style of racists.

I had to force myself to shut up when one sister-in-law starting telling a garden party how teachers are allowing students to self identify as cats, last summer. I taught, I’ve friends who are teachers, the wife’s sister teaches, and this moron refused to accept our perspective over wherever she’d picked up this piece of horseshit - Mail, Express, Geebeebies, it is irrelevant the source. 

There’s no reasoning with them because they don’t have the ability. They live in their little white enclaves feeling permanently threatened by people who can speak more than one language, are gay, or any other aspect of a lifestyle they find completely alien. 

It didn’t matter what Peter Bone had done, they all went out to vote for him all over again. Completely guessing, but it rationalises their hate. If the MP hates it then they were clever in hating it first and voting for him?

I don’t know. I can’t fathom it. 

Even my parents (who are massive Brexity old cvnts) have emailed me to say they won’t be voting Tory for the first time. It’s some kind of olive branch and written like they’re doing me a favour. But at least they won’t vote for their Devonshire Tory. Our Northants contingent will despite me being able to list of all the reasons the last fourteen years have completely fvcked them over. 

I’m rambling, sorry, this probably isn't coherent. I need a wine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Jokes thing about this is it's definitely our leicestershire and midlands friends who would change from labour to reform

11 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Brilliant. It means the local party can be shot of him and his odious entourage once and for all. 

Get what you are saying.......but amazingly there will still be people that vote for him!