Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

8 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Baldy Scotsman

Rhun ap weerggttwretgwg

Green Lady

Farage

Shouty Lib Dem 

Angela Rayner

Margaret Thatcher from Wish

That’s my order of who won imo, think the names might be slightly off 

Reminds me of the horse names from The Day Today 😂

IMG_1215.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Greens and Lib Dems looking credible so far, shame their votes are a waste

So frustrating isn't it? 

If only voters could get their shit together and vote tactically, seat by seat and start to destroy both labour and the tories

We could have  100+ green,.lib dem and reform MPs and another 50+ from the nationalist parties. 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2024 at 18:10, FoxesDeb said:

Out of the main posters on here who were historically Tory voters, myself included, I haven't seen anyone who has said they will be voting the same way this time. The problem with this group of voters is many of their views do not align with Labour, so I imagine their votes will be split amongst the fringe parties, spoiled, or they just won't bother. Who loses out the most if this happens I dont know, maybe it means the outcome will be closer than it seems at the moment?

Anyone who is actually planning to vote Conservative now must surely be over the age of about 70, possibly suffering with dementia or at least some kind of memory loss, otherwise why would they?

To be fair I deal with a lot of retired people and the conversation offered goes the NHS, schools etc is ruined, my kids can't get 3 medical care they need my son son of poverty related issues and I had to sell my house in France due to Brexit. 

So I say so your probably gonna vote labour then. 

And they say no chance Gordon brown sold all our gold when the prices were low! Or some variation on something like that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

So frustrating isn't it? 

If only voters could get their shit together and vote tactically, seat by seat and start to destroy both labour and the tories

We could have  100+ green,.lib dem and reform MPs and another 50+ from the nationalist parties. 

Could be more important than ever to tactically vote this time round... 

https://tactical.vote/

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nice idea, but that's to get the Tories out. That's a given. 

The tactical swing I'd love to see is a national shift to mute both Labour and the Tories, and leave both with just their corest of core.

Which will take time. And it could conceivably start with this election. After all a movement like that has to start somewhere for voters, then it's up to the party to maintain their position and grow over time. 

• Like 1

Our elite political brains have all but evaporated. 

Random names of the recent (ish) past; Cameron, Duncan Smith and Miliband are still around. Beyond that; 

Clegg, George Alexander and David Laws... Brown & Balls, Mandelson , Burnham....Hague, Grieve, Rory Stewart, Gove....even Theresa May

All still young enough to positively contribute yet hounded out of politics in many cases. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Liz Truss crashed the economy. She did a lot of damage, no doubt, but banks didn't go bust and there wasn't mass employment or rioting in the streets. However, Labour are well within their rights to use it as an attack line and fair play to them. After all, the tories didn't hesitate in disingeuously trying to pin the fallout from the 2008 financial crisis on Labour. In fact, they're still doing it. What's funny is we would have been even more screwed after the financial crisis if we'd had a Conservative government. Afterall they were pushing for more deregulation of the financial sector. 

She defo crashed the economy. Resilience systemically and stress testing is so much more robust post 2008 that it’d take a lot to see those events again (not impossible obvs). I and many others won’t be forgetting the night of Friday 23 sept 2022 in a hurry, there were some crazy and scary scenes and scenario planning. She should be in court for treason imo

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I honestly can't believe they're still pushing the £2000 lie. It's absolutely insane.

There’s still people who think the NHS is getting an extra £350k a week because of Brexit.

The Tories are hoping if they shout this lie loud enough and often enough there are enough 

stupid voters who will believe it.

13 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

He’s been very impressive.

Agreed. But he was also the only one who was prepared to address the massive elephant that’s trumpeting in the room that is Brexit while all the other parties continue to pretend it’s the just the buzzing of the (empty) fridge in the kitchen. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

He’s been very impressive.

He's a decent bloke. 

He was a guest on Off the Ball a few years ago and came across really well. 

It's the equivalent of Sunak or Starmer on Talksport.......

Unfortunately, there will be a big backlash on the SNP this time and they will lose seats to the other parties. 

Just watched on catch up, much better format and thought it was head and shoulders above the previous debate. 

Penny was horrific, absolutely bombed, unhinged and kept banging on about £2k that's been outted already. Absolute madness from them. 

Farage is an idiot. Talked absolute nonsense, but will still get more voters on board, I can't understand how but he will. 

Snp did very well, and living in Wales I thought plaid came across very well too. Greens didn't quite nail it for me and I'd have much rather seen Ed Davey there for lib dems. 

Overall I thought Rayner did ok, got sucked in to arguing too often. 

Overall I think it's very easy for the smaller parties to promise the world knowing they won't need to actually do any of it and I do think Labour are being very careful not to over promise knowing the financial situation is pretty dire. I think this is being misinterpreted as saying Labour are now the conservative party. I think if they want to do a good job in power they need a pragmatic and longer term approach. 

• Like 3

Never been this unenthusiastic about a party or an election.

going to spoil my ballot I think

The tories are too Tory

Labour are deluded

Lib Dems are too weak

The other parties lack any real competence.

There isn’t even a tactical vote option because none of the big parties are obviously worse. 

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

Never been this unenthusiastic about a party or an election.

going to spoil my ballot I think

The tories are too Tory

Labour are deluded

Lib Dems are too weak

The other parties lack any real competence.

There isn’t even a tactical vote option because none of the big parties are obviously worse

Are you an ostrich?

• Like 1