Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

This is the first election of my life that I honestly don't know who I will vote for. 

As a Scottish independence supporter, I've always voted SNP. It was a no brainier but I don't think I can this time round. The scandals, the corruption and an increasing number of policies that I don't agree with have convinced me that holding onto their power is now more important to them than actually serving the people of Scotland, they will go out their way to make Westminster look bad at the expense of the Scottish people and my political beliefs no longer match theirs. 

The problem is, as I point blank refuse to vote for a unionist party, and any other pro indy party seems like a waste of a vote... I'm kind of stuck. 

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

This is the first election of my life that I honestly don't know who I will vote for. 

As a Scottish independence supporter, I've always voted SNP. It was a no brainier but I don't think I can this time round. The scandals, the corruption and an increasing number of policies that I don't agree with have convinced me that holding onto their power is now more important to them than actually serving the people of Scotland, they will go out their way to make Westminster look bad at the expense of the Scottish people and my political beliefs no longer match theirs. 

The problem is, as I point blank refuse to vote for a unionist party, and any other pro indy party seems like a waste of a vote... I'm kind of stuck. 

Out of interest, when you mention an increasing number of policies that you don’t agree with, what do you mean?

I come from a position where I’d never vote SNP even given the chance so it’s not like I’m about to start actively discouraging you ;) but I’m just curious about your viewpoint.

2 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

I'd hope that this would wipe the Tories out for at least a generation but the English always manage to disappoint 

The internal damage caused by the last fourteen years is nigh on irreparable. They've killed off the centre right and rendered them homeless, they've failed to appease the rabid headbangers and formed Reform, there's nothing there but a name and a Wiki page detailing the history. Their only hope for the future is a coalition of fruitloops under some kind of PR system in the future.

Starmer wants to give children a vote, Sunak wants to put them in prison for refusing to fight in a war that doesn't exist yet. WTAF is going on? The death of 20th Century politics, that's what. Meanwhile Putin is pissing himself.

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

Vote Plaid Cymru?

17 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Starmer wants to give children a vote, Sunak wants to put them in prison for refusing to fight in a war that doesn't exist yet. WTAF is going on? The death of 20th Century politics, that's what. Meanwhile Putin is pissing himself.

So is Joe Biden, but more literally.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Who is advising him?

That is crazy.

I subscribe to the view that he hates being a PM, an MP and his party. 

I’ve never seen the like. The people I talk to on both sides of the house are dumbfounded. As someone who loves a bit of chaos, I’m finding this hysterical. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Sunak can pretty much say/promise anything now. He knows he's going to get trounced, so won't have to follow through with any of it.

Monkey Tennis?

• Haha 4