Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Because this old cvnt and everyone who thinks like him can fvck the fvck off.

I can’t be looking at videos of people not looking at the camera. I stopped after he said third world filth.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I’ve been considering it given they’ve come out and said they support rejoining the single market long term and I’d love to have them as official opposition which seems a genuine realistic proposition now which is crazy in itself. But realistically Labour are the only ones who can beat the Tories in my seat and that has to ultimately take priority. 

I'll see which candidate out of the LibDem or Labour is fitter!!

Sorry i bring it down to this level!

32 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Because this old cvnt and everyone who thinks like him can fvck the fvck off.

It's an unfortunate corollary of universal social media that people like this and  their ideologies can reach very far.

On 08/06/2024 at 12:00, kingkisnorbo said:

Personally find it very troubling regarding Reform’s ascendancy. It shouldn’t be treated as a ‘win’ just because it further dissolves the Conservative’s. Hurtling quite fast towards a very right wing opposition.

Exactly WW2 wasn't the end of the war just the end of that particular battle.  Nazis will never rest and neither should we.

Sunak releasing the Tory manifesto just now. Mentioned the £2k tax rise again. What's really annoying about it is that he didn't have to apologise, he didn't have to correct it, all he had to do once being repeatedly told it was a lie and a lie he knew about, was stop saying it. Just stop saying Rishi, everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows its lie and knows you have known all along its a lie, so just stop saying it.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Exactly WW2 wasn't the end of the war just the end of that particular battle.  Nazis will never rest and neither should we.

The writing was on the wall in this country after how many people voted for brexit because they are actually just racist individuals, rather than looking at the wider implications of Brexit. 

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Sunak releasing the Tory manifesto just now. Mentioned the £2k tax rise again. What's really annoying about it is that he didn't have to apologise, he didn't have to correct it, all he had to do once being repeatedly told it was a lie and a lie he knew about, was stop saying it. Just stop saying Rishi, everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows its lie and knows you have known all along its a lie, so just stop saying it.

That's the way it would work in a different world.

In our current world, however, he knows that the very idea of truth is subvertable if you say the right things, so he knows that he can keep saying it and keep attempting for it to gain hold as a message, even though it's blatantly untrue.

"Alternative facts".

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Looking forward to the Labour manifesto, which will just be references to Liz Truss and the Conservatives....and toolmakers.

Why don't you wait for it to happen before commenting? 

Also, everything Starmer says about the mess the Tories have made of this country are at least true.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I've seen Keir Starmer in action for years, we all know what's coming. 

Maybe you're right, but it hasn't happened yet, so you can't critiscise yet as some kind of counter against my post about Sunak which was based on actual events. If the feedback shows that line of attack is mostly well received then I'm sure he'll continue it, I'm sure his advisors will encourage it. If it's not I'm sure they push him to move away from it. This £2k tax thing has made Sunak and the tories a laughing stock, more than they already were, and yet he persists.

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I've seen Keir Starmer in action for years, we all know what's coming. 

Free breakfasts for all primary school kids is coming.

Hopefully they roll it out for adults next.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Maybe you're right, but it hasn't happened yet, so you can't critiscise yet as some kind of counter against my post about Sunak which was based on actual events. If the feedback shows that line of attack is mostly well received then I'm sure he'll continue it, I'm sure his advisors will encourage it. If it's not I'm sure they push him to move away from it. This £2k tax thing has made Sunak and the tories a laughing stock, more than they already were, and yet he persists.

It wasn't a counter argument against your post, I didn't quote you if you look back, try not to take it all personally. 

Based on the debate last week Sunak won it per the opinion poll, and before you start hyper ventilating, it doesn't mean it will move the voting needle - but Sunak and the tories are so far behind in the opinion polls, he shouldn't of been anywhere near winning that - and a competent leader of the opposition would have managed that, Keir can't. 

7 minutes ago, kenny said:

Free breakfasts for all primary school kids is coming.

Hopefully they roll it out for adults next.

And how much is all this costing? I'd say the majority of people can afford to feed their kids breakfast, all it will do is be taken advantage of when it should be for people that genuinely can't afford it, and the poorest in society.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy G said:

It wasn't a counter argument against your post, I didn't quote you if you look back, try not to take it all personally. 

Based on the debate last week Sunak won it per the opinion poll, and before you start hyper ventilating, it doesn't mean it will move the voting needle - but Sunak and the tories are so far behind in the opinion polls, he shouldn't of been anywhere near winning that - and a competent leader of the opposition would have managed that, Keir can't. 

You posted it straight after mine, there was no other mention of manifestos, so whilst you didn't quote me, don't make out it wasn't a direct response.

Why are you making personal comments about me "hyper ventilating"? Can you not conduct a conversation like an adult without having a dig at people.

Anyway, as I say, regardless of what's gone before, let's wait to see what Starmers says on Thurdays before criticing him before he's even said it, if the Truss attack line didn't work last week, maybe he'll drop it. And it's not like Sunak didn't mention Labour in numerous occasions today btw, but I suppose that's OK?

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

And how much is all this costing? I'd say the majority of people can afford to feed their kids breakfast, all it will do is be taken advantage of when it should be for people that genuinely can't afford it, and the poorest in society.

Cost? What's that? Its free as the tax dodgers will pay.

It will be interesting to see if the 'healthy and nutritious' breakfasts provided meet parents expectations of 'Healthy and nutritious'.

My suspicion having listened to Catherine Mckinnell this week, the £400 per child will be white toast and some rice krispies. 

I would have thought increasing Universal Credit would be a better way of targetting those in need rather than this policy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

You posted it straight after mine, there was no other mention of manifestos, so whilst you didn't quote me, don't make out it wasn't a direct response.

Why are you making personal comments about me "hyper ventilating"? Can you not conduct a conversation like an adult without having a dig at people.

Anyway, as I say, regardless of what's gone before, let's wait to see what Starmers says on Thurdays before criticing him before he's even said it, if the Truss attack line didn't work last week, maybe he'll drop it. And it's not like Sunak didn't mention Labour in numerous occasions today btw, but I suppose that's OK?

Yeh but he did actually focus on policy, rather than attack the opposite party constantly - there is bound to be a bit of back and forth, but not constant - KS will need need to fix that at the next debate. Either way, it won't change the voting just an observation. 

1 minute ago, kenny said:

Cost? What's that? Its free as the tax dodgers will pay.

It will be interesting to see if the 'healthy and nutritious' breakfasts provided meet parents expectations of 'Healthy and nutritious'.

My suspicion having listened to Catherine Mckinnell this week, the £400 per child will be white toast and some rice krispies. 

I would have thought increasing Universal Credit would be a better way of targetting those in need rather than this policy.

Absolutely - she did a car crash interview on it yesterday and didn't know any of her numbers. I think breakfast club at my kids school is £2.50 a day, so presumably it will be free from next September - may aswell send him and get a free breakfast! It's a bonkers policy and not very targeted.  

Just now, Tommy G said:

Yeh but he did actually focus on policy, rather than attack the opposite party constantly - there is bound to be a bit of back and forth, but not constant - KS will need need to fix that at the next debate. Either way, it won't change the voting just an observation. 

You can't observe something that hasn't happened yet. If Sunak did win the debate last week as the polls show, then if Starmer and his advisor have a brain between them they'll dial that line of attack back a bit, but it hasn't happened yet so we can't observe it and comment until it does can we?

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

You can't observe something that hasn't happened yet. If Sunak did win the debate last week as the polls show, then if Starmer and his advisor have a brain between them they'll dial that line of attack back a bit, but it hasn't happened yet so we can't observe it and comment until it does can we?

No but we can speculate, that is allowed - like we speculate on a new manager based on our current boards recent performance of hiring said managers, a bit like how I'm speculating in this scenario. It's debate. 

44 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Looking forward to the Labour manifesto, which will just be references to Liz Truss and the Conservatives....and toolmakers.

None of it is lies though :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

No but we can speculate, that is allowed - like we speculate on a new manager based on our current boards recent performance of hiring said managers, a bit like how I'm speculating in this scenario. It's debate. 

Of course you can speculate but at least be honest that as you posted straight after me, you were speculating on a future event based on you're own bias as a direct response to my criticism of something that actually happened. At least be honest with yourself man lol