Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I don't know, that's why I asked.

All this 'campaigning' costs money and I wondered how it was all paid for.

I wondered if there's a 'pot' put aside for each party to campaign that's allocated from tax payer money, or if it's funded by private donations.

I'm not an expert on the matter so if anyone has more knowledge than me then feel free to say. There is something called short money which is paid to opposition parties based on their election performance. My understanding is that this isn't a huge amount compared to the cost of running election campaigns. So most money does come from private donations. Traditionally the Conservatives have attracted the most from private interests while the Labour Party is funded by large Unions. 

It's one of the areas that comes up for debate. Some people think party funding should be provided more from the state to reduce the influence of private donors and the Unions although I don't know how that would be achieved. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm more interested in who is funding Farage Plc 

The Vladimir Spetsnaz Friends of Freedom and Liberty charitable foundation. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I don't know, that's why I asked.

All this 'campaigning' costs money and I wondered how it was all paid for.

I wondered if there's a 'pot' put aside for each party to campaign that's allocated from tax payer money, or if it's funded by private donations.

There used to be a strong argument for parties to receive central funding - either equal or pro rata for vote % or whatever. 

That argument is now moot given the rise of dark money funding social media campaigns and conducting data driven black ops. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Fancy asking Daggers a serious question and expecting a serious answer :rolleyes:

I am idiot :(

Get used to it!

Wait til he starts mentioning you and letting out little secrets I've told him numerous times to keep to himself!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Raj said:

Get used to it!

Wait til he starts mentioning you and letting out little secrets I've told him numerous times to keep to himself!

@Izzy likes to wear ladies garments, has he told you? It isn’t sexual. It’s that they chafe less due to the lack of a seam and…oh, hang on, no, that’s not him, it’s me. 

As you were. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bovril said:

Something to distract us from what he was doing from 2010-2012.

this is the issue with the lib Dems generally tbh. like between them, labour and the tories, they're the only ones who aren't completely shit in terms of policies, but there's a pretty consistent fear of a clegging.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its all designed to stop people pointing out he was a secretary of state in the Austerity Coalition Government.  

Stop being so anti-Tory and mean to them all the time.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

this is the issue with the lib Dems generally tbh. like between them, labour and the tories, they're the only ones who aren't completely shit in terms of policies, but there's a pretty consistent fear of a clegging.

Prince William's ears just pricked up

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

“If they tell you who they are, believe them”

Farage pulls out, something his father should’ve done: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nigel-farage-pulls-bbc-interview-094203981.html

Plus, https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/reform-uk-removes-nottingham-candidate-9323115.amp

One of the posts called for the hanging of Doreen Lawrence, the mother of murdered Stephen Lawrence who was killed during a racist attack in London.”

Even if someone doesn’t believe Farage is racist (due to low intelligence or a recent head injury), there’s no disputing the phenomenal level of bigots, racists and conspiracy theorists drawn to Fashage’s limited company “party”.

"He wanted ex-National Front candidates to run and I said, 'I'm not sure about that,' and he said, 'There's no need to worry about the nigger vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us.'"

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-party-become-frankensteins-monster

As I write this I am currently hold to my GP. 20 minutes so far and I have moved from space 29 to 21. It's my own fault I rang 10 seconds after 8am, a phrase you shouldn't have to say.

I'll vote for anyone who will actually fix GP surgeries....

Anyway, what is Ed Davey off to do today now he realises his stunts are working in the polls?

Edited by ramboacdc

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm sure there is a demographic who cannot imagine not having Sky TV.

Probably. But is that the demographic he needs voters from? 

God forbid families sacrifice things like food and heating instead.