Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Probably. But is that the demographic he needs voters from? 

God forbid families sacrifice things like food and heating instead. 

The heating was hardly ever on in my house growing up, that was a generational thing though I think.  Mansions are expensive to heat (even when they are split into houses).  

41 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The heating was hardly ever on in my house growing up, that was a generational thing though I think.  Mansions are expensive to heat (even when they are split into houses).  

Okay, and what's your point? 

Because mine is that most Tories seem to find it difficult to relate to the public, and this latest car crash episode of his doesn't do much to change my mind. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Because mine is that most Tories seem to find it difficult to relate to the public, and this latest car crash episode of his doesn't do much to change my mind. 

I'm sure plenty of Tories are excellent at relating to the public (which includes a lot of middle class people you know), sadly none of them are presently in the cabinet.  Sunak is terrible.  I am sure his parents were indeed lower middle class to start with, but its hard to argue you understand going without when you went to public school.

I'm about to make a shameful admission............

I'm 42 years old and I've never had Sky in my life. 

I just don't see the value in spending £80 a month to watch TV.  If there is a match I want to watch on the TV, then I'll just go to the pub, where there is a better atmosphere. I definitely don't spend £80 a month doing that! 

9 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I'm about to make a shameful admission............

I'm 42 years old and I've never had Sky in my life. 

I just don't see the value in spending £80 a month to watch TV.  If there is a match I want to watch on the TV, then I'll just go to the pub, where there is a better atmosphere. I definitely don't spend £80 a month doing that! 

You don't need it anymore tbh, but there was a period where most sport was only on there, and it had good movies etc.  Sunak is in between us in age by the looks of it.  I certainly never had it until I paid for it myself.

Edited by Jon the Hat

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Heard that 40,000 members had paid £25 towards Reform... 

And how much of that is funding from a few rich backers. Garage did this last time remember?

Lots of small donations just under the limit so the donar doesn't have to be declared.

This is an old trick.

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

And how much of that is funding from a few rich backers. Garage did this last time remember?

Lots of small donations just under the limit so the donar doesn't have to be declared.

This is an old trick.

How exaclty does one route money from rich backers visa thousands of people at 25?

39 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

How exaclty does one route money from rich backers visa thousands of people at 25?

The same way they operate hundreds of thousands of fake Russian controlled social media profiles. 

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm sure plenty of Tories are excellent at relating to the public (which includes a lot of middle class people you know), sadly none of them are presently in the cabinet.  Sunak is terrible.  I am sure his parents were indeed lower middle class to start with, but its hard to argue you understand going without when you went to public school.

I don't believe in inverted snobbery but Sunak does seem clueless and completely out of touch with the lot of the less fortunate and poorer off. After the D Day debacle the Sky TV quote is another own goal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's probably not that hard with the right software - those thousands of people aren't real.

33 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The same way they operate hundreds of thousands of fake Russian controlled social media profiles. 

Except the election authorities investigate funding no?  Besides everyone knows Tice and his chums are behind it, so why bother?  Also note no one managed to provide any evidence whatsoever to support the idea Russian money was behind brexit either, so I suggest this is just conspiracy nonsense.  Given the number of numpties being interiewed on TV every other day support Reform I am not sure why you think it is impossible they raise 25 quid from each of them.  What 15% in the polls?

45 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgglmwwlggo

for those that want a relatively easily digestible version of the Conservative Manifesto. 

44 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Likewise for the Lib Dem Manifesto

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqeevzldj0jo

Thats really easy to understand  and im going through each point to see if it actually helps me and my family.

When is the Labour one out please?

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Except the election authorities investigate funding no?  Besides everyone knows Tice and his chums are behind it, so why bother?  Also note no one managed to provide any evidence whatsoever to support the idea Russian money was behind brexit either, so I suggest this is just conspiracy nonsense.  Given the number of numpties being interiewed on TV every other day support Reform I am not sure why you think it is impossible they raise 25 quid from each of them.  What 15% in the polls?

Nope. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I would prefer if politicians didn't try to. The prolier than thou stuff is one of the worst aspects of British politics and society in general. 

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

I would prefer if politicians didn't try to. The prolier than thou stuff is one of the worst aspects of British politics and society in general. 

Didn't try to what? Relate to the people they a) want votes from and b) not seem so elitist and totally out of touch? 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Thats really easy to understand  and im going through each point to see if it actually helps me and my family.

When is the Labour one out please?

Labour one is released later today I believe. If not tomorrow 

• Like 1