Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Get the violins out... 

"My parents worked very hard to send me to a private school, and I've been incredibly lucky to have privileged upbringing" 

That's how you answer the question, and Brand moves on... Instead he starts bullshitting trying to be relatable and authentic and makes himself look like a right twat for the 50th time this week. 

Everyone knows you're minted and posh. Own it you fvcking dunce. As much as I hate Johnson, he wore his class and background lightly and did just fine. 

For someone who had such an incredibly expensive education, Sunak is so fvcking thick. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Thats really easy to understand  and im going through each point to see if it actually helps me and my family.

When is the Labour one out please?

I believe it's tomorrow, Greens have released theirs today. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That’s not quite the threat they think it is.

I feel a bit annoyed about clicking on that and giving the Sun's Election Countdown show another view to add to the hundreds they already have. 

22 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

"My parents worked very hard to send me to a private school, and I've been incredibly lucky to have privileged upbringing" 

That's how you answer the question, and Brand moves on... Instead he starts bullshitting trying to be relatable and authentic and makes himself look like a right twat for the 50th time this week. 

Everyone knows you're minted and posh. Own it you fvcking dunce. As much as I hate Johnson, he wore his class and background lightly and did just fine. 

For someone who had such an incredibly expensive education, Sunak is so fvcking thick. 

Wealth and education cannot always guarantee common sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Didn't try to what? Relate to the people they a) want votes from and b) not seem so elitist and totally out of touch? 

You don't have to have struggled to be in touch or relate to voters. I grew up in relative wealth and didn't go without anything, but I think I'm quite aware of the difficulties people face in the UK these days. I think this notion, that is quite prevalent in the UK, that your opinions or policies are somehow more valid if you can prove you've had a working-class upbringing or worked in the 'real world' is and has been quite damaging.

16 minutes ago, bovril said:

You don't have to have struggled to be in touch or relate to voters. I grew up in relative wealth and didn't go without anything, but I think I'm quite aware of the difficulties people face in the UK these days. I think this notion, that is quite prevalent in the UK, that your opinions or policies are somehow more valid if you can prove you've had a working-class upbringing or worked in the 'real world' is and has been quite damaging.

I agree with this insofar as it often then leads to damaging mistrust in perfectly legit expertise because they're "elite" or somesuch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bovril said:

I actually agree, you don't have to have struggled to be able to relate. 

I don't get how it's damaging, though. Surely it's a good thing to be able to relate no matter what background you're from? I think what I'm actually looking for is empathy from politicians. You can be the richest man on earth and brought up in wealthy household, and still have empathy. Sunak clearly lacks it because he is so robotic 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I actually agree, you don't have to have struggled to be able to relate. 

I don't get how it's damaging, though. Surely it's a good thing to be able to relate no matter what background you're from? I think what I'm actually looking for is empathy from politicians. You can be the richest man on earth and brought up in wealthy household, and still have empathy. Sunak clearly lacks it because he is so robotic 

I think the widespread belief that an opinion in politics is worth more coming from someone who is more 'in touch' with the working class is damaging, as Leicesmac points out in the post above yours. 

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's probably not that hard with the right software - those thousands of people aren't real.

The Guardian said 80% of all funding comes from Tice.

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I do t think it’s damaging, I think it’s essential. If you have no understanding of and empathy with the least well off in society, and can’t hear policies to be tinged with protecting and providing for the weakest, then what is your actual point?

The rich don’t need a champion, they already won the life lottery. Fvck them. Today’s society is a direct result of catering to the richest at the expense of the poorest - and it’s shit by any metric. 

Think you've misunderstood what I'm saying 

59 minutes ago, bovril said:

Think you've misunderstood what I'm saying 

"I think the widespread belief that an opinion in politics is worth more coming from someone who is more 'in touch' with the working class is damaging"

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

"I think the widespread belief that an opinion in politics is worth more coming from someone who is more 'in touch' with the working class is damaging"

long noun phrases don't help

2 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Ed's still having fun with water...

Ed Davey's 'campaign trail' is just ticking off his bucket list of water/theme parks.

Can't fault the bloke tbh, looks like he's having a whale of a time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Ed Davey's 'campaign trail' is just ticking off his bucket list of water/theme parks.

Can't fault the bloke tbh, looks like he's having a whale of a time.

It can only get more daredevil as the week's go by, he's run out of soft options - leaping through flaming hoops on a motorbike, bungie jumping from Clifton Suspension Bridge, wrestling bears in a pit - it's all going to go a bit Noel Edmonds Late Late Breakfast Show.