Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I find Ed Davey the most likeable and human of any of the leaders. 

Shame our system will only allow one of the big 2 to be PM

Not sure he came out of the Post Office scandal too well.  Beware of personality politics.

I got married under the Conservatives

Had two healthy children under the Conservatives

Had a couple of lovely holidays under the Conservatives

Learned some great guitar riffs under the Conservatives

Had some smashing puddings under the Conservatives

Yet still I hate them

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I got married under the Conservatives

Had two healthy children under the Conservatives

Had a couple of lovely holidays under the Conservatives

Learned some great guitar riffs under the Conservatives

Had some smashing puddings under the Conservatives

Yet still I hate them

Puddings ……

that hadn’t occurred to me ….

33 minutes ago, Daggers said:

We’re an open minded and even handed bunch here in the main. 

I’d like to apologise to any Tory voters who are upset by Bellend’s terrible attack. 

There's nearly 3 weeks to go, they may yet win me over

20 hours ago, kenny said:

That think-tank hasn't factored in that labour in power will be able to buy MRI scanners at a quarter of the price that the Tories can.

I assume they will also be able to employ doctors for £5k a year or however their calculations stack up.

I mean more what they've not accounted for is the current line (see John Harris' weekend column in the guardian) that Starmer is actually just lying to the public to get elected and will be far more progressive and ambitious in government. not beyond the realms of possibility, the man does have form for lying to get elected (how fast did those 10 pledges get dumped?) but still naïve - when someone tells you who they are, believe them.

• Like 1

So much to unpack here. Yes, there’s the whole UKIP thing going on, plus why would someone do that - but mainly it’s finding out that @Tommy G is really a “local comedian” who works in a pub with links to organised crime.

https://nation.cymru/news/ukip-candidate-cheers-on-man-who-simulated-sex-with-a-car-in-a-churchyard/

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I mean more what they've not accounted for is the current line (see John Harris' weekend column in the guardian) that Starmer is actually just lying to the public to get elected and will be far more progressive and ambitious in government. not beyond the realms of possibility, the man does have form for lying to get elected (how fast did those 10 pledges get dumped?) but still naïve - when someone tells you who they are, believe them.

I wouldn't say he is lying, but he is omitting certain facts.  If they want to actually change something they are going to need cash, so they will have to increase taxes somewhere beyond those they already mentioned.  I do think they manifesto is deliberately non ambitious, and once in power they will push to do more and tax more to get there.