Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I wish someone had told Ed Davey that watching football on TV is much better when the screen is facing you. 

image.jpeg.418933a8635cecc75598854bb8e9e0c3.jpeg

See the TV screen behind them ? There is another one like that directly in front of them behind the one facing sideways.

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

See the TV screen behind them ? There is another one like that directly in front of them behind the one facing sideways.

Don't ruin this for me, Jon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

So much to unpack here. Yes, there’s the whole UKIP thing going on, plus why would someone do that - but mainly it’s finding out that @Tommy G is really a “local comedian” who works in a pub with links to organised crime.

https://nation.cymru/news/ukip-candidate-cheers-on-man-who-simulated-sex-with-a-car-in-a-churchyard/

Excuse me lol lol you were supposed to tag @Raj I think

The more I see of reform on the media the more I’m taken back to 2016 

mainly empty vacuous rhetoric that appeals to those who feel disenfranchised by the past few decades - of course they feel that way but had anything really changed that much ??

And when farage is challenged on anything where he doesn’t have a reply he just says ‘boring , boring’ in a very trumpite way. 

That’s not to say that the other parties aren’t also delivering some guff and nonsense. But the 2016/2024 aspect of reform/leave campaigns just hit me over the weekend. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

mainly empty vacuous rhetoric that appeals to those who feel disenfranchised by the past few decades - of course they feel that way but had anything really changed that much ??

And when farage is challenged on anything where he doesn’t have a reply he just says ‘boring , boring’ in a very trumpite way. 

That’s not to say that the other parties aren’t also delivering some guff and nonsense. But the 2016/2024 aspect of reform/leave campaigns just hit me over the weekend. 

Exactly. It’s easy to look like a good public speaker when you just make up numbers or offer some variant attack of “you’re not patriotic and don’t believe in British people” towards the other parties/arguments for every argument. 

Sadly it’s not just the uk, it’s the whole of the western world. Seeing the headlines this morning in the bbc about the Greek coastguard are heartbreaking, but this is the path this rhetoric is taking us in the whole western world and sadly feel like just the beginning 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The whole past decade has been politicians making things worse and then promising the solutions to the things they made worse.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Didn't say anything was wrong with it. Thought it was a bit random. 

Forde hosts a political podcast and is a Labour man, also hosts a football podcast with Richardson (who's lent his voice to a few Labour campaign videos this campaign)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

Because who isn’t voting for a candidate who will work hard to preserve good community pub fights?

IMG_6980.jpeg

I know that area very well and I've witnessed some cracking pub fights over the years.

She's got my vote.

12 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Forde hosts a political podcast and is a Labour man, also hosts a football podcast with Richardson (who's lent his voice to a few Labour campaign videos this campaign)

Plus, it's annoyed all the right people who have brought this clip back up to get themselves upset about again:

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Plus, it's annoyed all the right people who have brought this clip back up to get themselves upset about again:

Yes to see him trending on twitter does show the odious side of the far left.

He's also bang on in this clip.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2024 at 20:10, Raj said:

Had a leaflet through the door ( posted not in person) by pur tory mp Alicia Kearns

Straight in the bin.

I haven't had one from my Tory candidate yet. The incumbent Tory is not standing again and the new candidate has been parachuted in by Tory Central Office. They are probably still printing her election literature, and they are certainly short of people to knock on doors and talk to people, even if the householder will sometimes be slam it in their face.

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Speaking of which:

No, it's not a spoof.

Cheering on Portugal because of England's participation in the transatlantic slave trade. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Speaking of which:

No, it's not a spoof.

Turns out I’d already blocked that ”HiS ManIFesTo WAs coSTEd” Corbynite who now plans on voting for Georgeous George. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Same bot farm, most probably the same foreign interference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Same bot farm, most probably the same foreign interference. 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

same lack of critical thinking amongst the general population

And sadly, same consequences for certain demographics now and for everyone later.