Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It’s just possible that maybe not ignoring the needs of the people of Clacton would help.

Agreed, but then that might depend on what exactly those stated (or even implied) needs are.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Sad seeing mates go down the Reform Party route because they think Farage is some top bloke and are hooked by his false patriotism.

Sadly the playbook he's using has been proven effective at one point or another for most of the last century.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Sad seeing mates go down the Reform Party route because they think Farage is some top bloke and are hooked by his false patriotism.

So depressing seeing young blokes fall for the grift.

Being right-wing doesn't automatically make you hard, lads.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

One thing he is good at is getting the gullible peoples vote as per the EU Referendum.

He's like Andrew Tate of politics!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

So depressing seeing young blokes fall for the grift.

Being right-wing doesn't automatically make you hard, lads.

I’ve had conversations with several people in the building trade this week, in their 20’s, 30’s and early 40’s who all said they were going to vote reform, all particularly fond of Farage and, one who subscribes to Andrew Tate’s social media 😳

Very disappointing to see as I thought most reform voters would be older. 

Also a change here in Wales as most people in my circles were historically Plaid Cymru or Labour. 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Agreed, but then that might depend on what exactly those stated (or even implied) needs are.

They could start by ensuring council housing is of a decent well-maintained standard, especially if they are going to house asylum seekers in nearby hotels.  For most of us, the idea of living in a bog standard UK hotel more than a week or two is not attractive.  How shit does your accommodation have to be to think this is a luxury?

I suppose my point is there are lots of low hanging fruit for Farage and co, so the Conservatives have only themselves to blame.

Edited by Jon the Hat

20 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I’ve had conversations with several people in the building trade this week, in their 20’s, 30’s and early 40’s who all said they were going to vote reform, all particularly fond of Farage and, one who subscribes to Andrew Tate’s social media 😳

Very disappointing to see as I thought most reform voters would be older. 

Also a change here in Wales as most people in my circles were historically Plaid Cymru or Labour. 

The ascendancy of social media - utilised by people like Farage, Tate et al with success - has a large part to play there. Playing on the base short term self interest of the disaffected.

18 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

They could start by ensuring council housing is of a decent well-maintained standard, especially if they are going to house asylum seekers in nearby hotels.  For most of us, the idea of living in a bog standard UK hotel more than a week or two is not attractive.  How shit does your accommodation have to be to think this is a luxury?

I suppose my point is there are lots of low hanging fruit for Farage and co, so the Conservatives have only themselves to blame.

I agree. But then everyone with at least half a brain knows that's not the only issue being discussed nor how it all plays out.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Blocked a long standing friend yesterday. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Sadly the playbook he's using has been proven effective at one point or another for most of the last century.

You must be wrong, because one person with terrible takes used the laughing emoji.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You must be wrong, because one person with terrible takes used the laughing emoji.

Nah, I like MfE, puts across some erudite positions, even if I don't agree with many.

Can't quite grasp the logic of thinking the events in Washington DC on January 6th 2021 were anything other than a blatant attempt to overturn the results of a free and fair election at the at least implied behest of the losing candidate though... but to each their own.

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Nah, I like MfE, puts across some erudite positions, even if I don't agree with many.

Can't quite grasp the logic of thinking the events in Washington DC on January 6th 2021 were anything other than a blatant attempt to overturn the results of a free and fair election at the at least implied behest of the losing candidate though... but to each their own.

By erudite, do you mean 'deluded'?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Blocked a long standing friend yesterday. 

This is one of the worst things, either bite your tongue and move on or tackle head on, which never ends well. 
I only have one neighbour but If Carlsberg made neighbours, then mine would be them, apart from their awful politics. 
Very wealthy boomers who have worked and lived abroad with an ex-pat community for decades, now semi retired. They love Farage 😢

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

By erudite, do you mean 'deluded'?

Nah, that would be uncharitable imo. The arguments are clearly well read and borne from a level mind, even if I categorically reject them because of my own placed value on both the future and other people out of my line of sight.

When Farage said "Up the 'RA" at the end of one of those paid for messages for the sum of £87. Some patriot. 

Also, him comparing Ireland being invaded by the British, where they were tortured, starved, killed and discriminated against, to being part of the EU is deeply insulting. 

• Like 4