Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

I love how they’ve reduced the partying while people were dying during a botched reaction to a pandemic which killed 250,000 people to just “cake”, when they actually defenestrated him because he promoted someone he knew to be a sex offender. 

I sincerely hope Johnson is jailed for gross negligence after the conclusion of the inquiry. The cVnt belongs in prison. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Seeing loads of rightoids getting excited by this. I wouldn't trust Matt Goodwin as far as I could throw him. 

I wouldn't read In to this TOO much... It's a poll of GB News viewers. It's literally Reforms target audience. 

It would be like doing a poll of New Statesmen readers and seeing labour on top... It's how it should be. 

Edited by Greg2607

3 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I wouldn't read In to this TOO much... It's a poll of GB News viewers. It's literally Reforms target audience. 

It would be like doing a poll of New Statesmen readers and seeing labour on top... It's how it should be. 

And still they can’t win. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I love how they’ve reduced the partying while people were dying during a botched reaction to a pandemic which killed 250,000 people to just “cake”, when they actually defenestrated him because he promoted someone he knew to be a sex offender. 

I sincerely hope Johnson is jailed for gross negligence after the conclusion of the inquiry. The cVnt belongs in prison. 

I find it incredibly hard to believe it will be anywhere near that bad for the tories.

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

I find it incredibly hard to believe it will be anywhere near that bad for the tories.

I don't. I live on a very 'safe' blue seat, which is heavily tipped to go red, and the 'Vote Tory' placards are very thin on the ground. 

26 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't. I live on a very 'safe' blue seat, which is heavily tipped to go red, and the 'Vote Tory' placards are very thin on the ground. 

We’ve got none. 

It’s usually awash - but no farms, no paddocks, no businesses, no villages, and nothing in town. 

Placards are as absent as our ex-MP. 

49 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’d be surprised if the Greens didn’t get 1, and a second in Bristol seems believable. I’d say the YouGov result seems most likely at this point.

45 minutes ago, Daggers said:

We’ve got none. 

It’s usually awash - but no farms, no paddocks, no businesses, no villages, and nothing in town. 

Placards are as absent as our ex-MP. 

I kept an eye out in Barrow today. Didn’t really notice many placards but the ones I did see were Labour.

I got canvassed by the Labour candidate for Barrow the other month actually. Left a decent enough impression.

7 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I kept an eye out in Barrow today. Didn’t really notice many placards but the ones I did see were Labour.

I got canvassed by the Labour candidate for Barrow the other month actually. Left a decent enough impression.

Also quite surprised to see a few around there. There's a Tory one on the road out by Prestwold but that's it.

11 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’d be surprised if the Greens didn’t get 1, and a second in Bristol seems believable. I’d say the YouGov result seems most likely at this point.

Apparently they’re really struggling in Brighton Pavilion. 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Seeing loads of rightoids getting excited by this. I wouldn't trust Matt Goodwin as far as I could throw him. 

I believe Matt Goodwin once many years ago was seen as a credible academic.

Now he just commissions polls within his right wing, grifting echo chamber.

I suppose that's where the money is these days.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Bristol Central is their best hope. Won all the council seats in that constituency at the recent local elections and have activists everywhere.

Edited by Brizzle Fox

I do think the polls are an exaggeration. Labour will of course win comfortably; however I doubt by as much as the polls say.  Labour voters will stay at home as they think it is in the bag, and a lot of people are saying they won't vote conservative beasue why admit to it and get a load of shit.  When it comes down to it the worry of a long-term Labour Government will push them to vote Tory.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

At risk of stating the bloody obvious, if employers had to help ex-convicts reintegrate with society for the betterment of all, rather than being able to say recruit a migrant who could also have a criminal record but they cannot see it, he might be able to get a job.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Apparently they’re really struggling in Brighton Pavilion. 

Are they - you can get 2/1 on Labour winning this seat.  Greens 4/11

4 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Bristol Central is their best hope. Won all the council seats in that constituency at the recent local elections and have activists everywhere.

I found that interesting as I thought Thangham Debbonaire was quite well respected - has she done something wrong locally?  Same odds in this seat as Brighton P.  By the way I’m hugely impressed by Bristol NW’s Darren Jones - some of his select committee skewering of attendees is excellent (YouTube)