Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He was brilliant tonight.  Steady and assured.  Just what is needed right now.

Best performance of the campaign, although the Corybn question did rightly stumble him quite substantially, but that aside, his answers on the political choices he is making was a level of sensible, open decision making we haven't seen from politicians in quite a while 

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Saw a big poster for Alicia Kearns on the A151 at Corby Glen

She's actually a very decent, principled, intelligent Tory. There's not many of them in parliament at the moment so I hope she gets reelected. 

19 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

She's actually a very decent, principled, intelligent Tory. There's not many of them in parliament at the moment so I hope she gets reelected. 

I agree, she’s one of the good ones with (hopefully) a decent future and role in shaping the party going forwards.

For the good of the country having a credible and moderate opposition people like her need to be in what remains of the Tory party, not the likes of Badenoch, Jenrick, or Braverman. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm assuming she'll get back in?

3 hours ago, reporterpenguin said:

I agree, she’s one of the good ones with (hopefully) a decent future and role in shaping the party going forwards.

For the good of the country having a credible and moderate opposition people like her need to be in what remains of the Tory party, not the likes of Badenoch, Jenrick, or Braverman. 

She wont be getting my vote:cool:

1 hour ago, Raj said:

She wont be getting my vote:cool:

Fair enough, I quite like our local Tory MP and he won’t be getting my vote either. 

I do hope it isn’t just the nutters left after the election though, even if I don’t like them and wouldn’t vote for them I think it’ll be healthier to have a party based more in the centre than one lurching to the right. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

Fair enough, I quite like our local Tory MP and he won’t be getting my vote either. 

I do hope it isn’t just the nutters left after the election though, even if I don’t like them and wouldn’t vote for them I think it’ll be healthier to have a party based more in the centre than one lurching to the right. 

Yes agree.

Get rid of the likes of Moggy, Sunak ,Struss etc and hopefully  the younger breed who have come into politics for the right reason continue that way.

This generation of Tory MPs are used to lying, eating out of the money trough and are in politics for one thing and it's not the best of the people they represent $$$

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cldd44zv3kpo

Russian asset that clearly doesn't care to listen to the very clear solutions posited by the climate science community.

And yet, there's an increasing amount of people who buy into this casual disregard for any kind of truth.

"All we ever talk about is fear rather than solutions."

He added: "We spend too much time hyperventilating about the problem rather than thinking practically and logically what we can do.”

Mr Farage branded the Labour and Tory net zero policies "nonsense", claiming £30bn a year could be saved by dropping their climate pledges.

I mean that’s straight up contradicting himself in two paragraphs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dunge said:

"All we ever talk about is fear rather than solutions."

He added: "We spend too much time hyperventilating about the problem rather than thinking practically and logically what we can do.”

Mr Farage branded the Labour and Tory net zero policies "nonsense", claiming £30bn a year could be saved by dropping their climate pledges.

I mean that’s straight up contradicting himself in two paragraphs.

Yep, that's because he's using the first paragraph as rhetoric to justify the second. Total bollocks of course, as you say, but sadly a lot of people buy it.

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Nigel Farage is a genuinely evil human being. 

He's great at fooling the public, like most of them.

Edited by Wymsey

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

There is an old Dan Carlin podcast where he talks about a German teacher he had when he was a child showing him videos of Hitler’s rallies. He said he and his classmates could not understand why people voted for it and they even found it funny in a slapstick kind of way.

He said his teacher said to him something along the lines of “it’s natural you don’t understand it because you’re American not German. This rhetoric and imagery was presented in a way that makes sense to everyday Germans, some of it was almost mundane. If evil like this ever comes to America, it won’t look like this, it will be a kind of imagery and rhetoric that will only make sense to everyday Americans.”

Farage is an evil that comes from a place that is fundamentally British and playing the rogue and underdog cards often to the point of mundanity and that’s why so much of it seems trite or everyday or “just like the rest of them” and why so many British people can’t see or think he might be a bit of an idiot but he’s not really that extreme. But if you read his manifesto and look at the underlying things he actually says, he talks about creating a society that breaks international laws, that turns Britain into a pariah, the plays absolutely any international organisation as a bogeyman, that creates a culture of fear and loathing of people who are not from a type of traditional stereotype of Britishness, his economic policies involve pulling numbers from thin air that no credible moderate can ever compete or debate with, a foreign policy that has a frightening admiration of “strong leader” dictator types, pummelling people with anti-climate change crap that will affect the country for the next century. 

He’s not some “grifter” figure who “found his niche”, this guy somehow got the UK to leave the European Union ffs and has pretty much caused all moderate Tories to be purged from the party, and lurched the political centre of the country significantly to the right. Extremely hard right politicians like like Rees-Mogg, Patel, Braverman who’ve had their fingers in power are only in power because of his relentless media campaigns over 15 odd years now. 

He follows and admires Trump.  That tells you everything you need to know about him.