Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

21 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

A timely reminder

Great video. To me the most salient point is that they had to work at it, chipping away over years and splitting up the electorate into smaller groups. Until what they first said that sounded ridiculous eventually punctuated the centrists and moderates enough to make a difference. 

That’s what I see with regards to Russia and Farage btw. He makes a dog whistling comment that he can get away with saying “oh it wasn’t me supporting Russia, just pointing something out”, and over time it starts getting chipped away at, until it becomes a much more common opinion in the population.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

Rachel Reeves' less severe new look has real vibes of meeting a middle manager that makes your life a f-ing misery in the week outside of work and seeing another side of her that leads to an inappropriate liaison that is regrettable for all parties and yes it is you that loses your job

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Rachel Reeves' less severe new look has real vibes of meeting a middle manager that makes your life a f-ing misery in the week outside of work and seeing another side of her that leads to an inappropriate liaison that is regrettable for all parties and yes it is you that loses your job

... this is an oddly specific reference, mate.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

There you go

uktv-splash-heat-three-contestants-5.thumb.jpg.0a2bc5b84fd620b1a3b1897e0caef562.jpg

This is election thread for election people, posting mainly funny election things.

Fvck off anywhere else - or absolutely completely imo - with trans arguments because it'll only end up with this thread being locked.

• Like 3

It's felt like it's generally been a healthy discussion and exchange of views up to this point of I'm honest.  I hope we can continue in that vain for the next couple of weeks. 

That or I'm going to have to resort to yelling at people on twitter to stay sane 😂

Tbh I think a lot of the healthy discussion has been because there is broad agreement on the election outcome and most topics regarding it.

The one in 2019 got a lot spicier because it was a fair bit more contentious.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Tbh I think a lot of the healthy discussion has been because there is broad agreement on the election outcome and most topics regarding it.

The one in 2019 got a lot spicier because it was a fair bit more contentious.

Yes agreed, I cannot see much downside to a Labour Government at this point.  I would rather it wasn't a complete wipeout of the Conservative party because that opens up the risk of the right wing taking over. 

Edited by Jon the Hat

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Fvck off anywhere else - or absolutely completely imo - with trans arguments because it'll only end up with this thread being locked.

Sorry I had a few drinks yesterday.  Glad it was deleted.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes agreed, I cannot see much downside to a Labour Government at this point.  I would rather it wasn't a complete wipeout of the Conservative party because that opens up the risk of the right wing taking over. 

This is being seen with quite a few "centre-right" parties in a lot of places at the moment, being hijacked or eclipsed by some much, much nastier.

I don't think it could be coincidental either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

This is being seen with quite a few "centre-right" parties in a lot of places at the moment, being hijacked or eclipsed by some much, much nastier.

I don't think it could be coincidental either.

I read something the other day saying you either play it the Cameron "try to keep them in the big tent as far as is practical" approach, or you call them on it a la Macron.  France might well be about to experiment with right wing leadership for a couple of years.  

The decimation of the Tory Party is entirely deliberate, and is a process engineered by the very worst sort of people, using the worst sort of money, wanting the very worst outcome for the vast majority.

I would add 'and we all know that' to be provocative, but I am fully aware that most people (probably) haven't given the first thought to the machinations and implications of what is going on.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1