Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Farage is a spiv not a fascist. Like most Brexiters he's nostalgic for a lost world but that world isn't any kind of 1930s Aryan fantasy it's probably more like liquid lunches at Barings in the 80s. People need to stop making him sound more intelligent and exciting than he really is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

Of everyone in politics that makes it onto our screen, he is by far the most skilled orator.  Stephen Flynn is up there as a comparison,, but I can absolutely see why "the ordinary bloke" buys in to him.  He appeals to the disaffected and those that have previously thought "no one speaks for me".  His language is simple, he doesn't shy away from saying the wrong thing for fear of backlash, if anything, the backlash helps to fuel his popularity, as he is a master of sparring back and making those arguments look stupid. 

Brilliant man in the Commons... compassionate and humane... a man of genuine courage and inspiring leadership.”

“Thought to have been the most handsome and gifted British political leader of the twentieth century ...brilliant debater, gifted, lucid and compassionate..."

“Genuinely eager to champion the unemployed and other underdogs... dynamic and handsome, popular... gifted and a natural leader"

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 2

What exactly is this "gender ideology" that is supposedly being taught in schools? 

I'm not convinced there is an ideology, transgender people just exist. Just sounds like more right-wing conspiracy theory to me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

What exactly is this "gender ideology" that is supposedly being taught in schools? 

I'm not convinced there is an ideology, transgender people just exist. Just sounds like more right-wing conspiracy theory to me. 

IMG_7700.gif

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

New Labour no longer proud of overturning section 28 apparently.

there is also a lot more bundled under "gender ideology" than just trans people existing, but it requires a somewhat deep dive to get past the last 8 years of bullshit, and... oh, it's religious opposition to women's equality: https://chican3ry.medium.com/gender-ideology-up-yours-470575a5311a

now, not saying that Starmer is doing that, it's likely just pandering to the world's most ridiculous billionaire/professional twitter troll/part time children's writer (currently endorsing the  communist party of great Britain because they're a bunch of Stalinists who think that being LGBT is borgiouse decadence) but it's gonna embolden a lot of the worst people.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Farage is a spiv not a fascist. Like most Brexiters he's nostalgic for a lost world but that world isn't any kind of 1930s Aryan fantasy it's probably more like liquid lunches at Barings in the 80s. People need to stop making him sound more intelligent and exciting than he really is.

you aren't necessarily wrong here.... but at the very least he is definitely "Populist".   I'm not sure I know enough about populism across the world to know how well that all plays out, but doing some research before I replied to this post there is a general consensus that " populist policies lead to adverse economic outcomes, as "economic disintegration, decreasing macroeconomic stability, and the erosion of institutions typically go hand in hand with populist rule.""

now of course.... the populist would say that this is the elite pushing back against their agenda for change :whistle:

2 hours ago, bovril said:

This may well be so. However, those he enables and the ones he'll have to set policy for should he ever have the power to do so, could well be. Which means his own leanings in that regard either make him turn on his voter base, or they are irrelevant.

Edited by leicsmac

Does anyone else get emails from the labour party? They must be sending me 5-10 emails a day. If I was going to vote for them before this level of spam might have changed my mind

15 minutes ago, bmt said:

Does anyone else get emails from the labour party? They must be sending me 5-10 emails a day. If I was going to vote for them before this level of spam might have changed my mind

?

image.jpeg.e58cc48b8bbf9bdecc64aa0a3682fecd.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The decimation of the Tory Party is entirely deliberate, and is a process engineered by the very worst sort of people, using the worst sort of money, wanting the very worst outcome for the vast majority.

I would add 'and we all know that' to be provocative, but I am fully aware that most people (probably) haven't given the first thought to the machinations and implications of what is going on.

Please enlighten us to what is going on... 

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I can't see most of that behind the paywall but the bit that I can see is basically "if they do this thing (which is not in the manifesto and mentioned nowhere else) then this would happen"

"He said he was still fighting for the seat because he believed in the party’s values."

Anyone have the first clue what positive values the Cons have?

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 20.19.58.png

Got the Reform leaflet through today from the local candidate. One of the worst I've ever seen. Words cut off, not fitting to the page properly and the most vague outline of plans.

And to top it off his name is Bill Piper.

Been researching his address so I can get my cat to shit on it and post it back.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The decimation of the Tory Party is entirely deliberate, and is a process engineered by the very worst sort of people, using the worst sort of money, wanting the very worst outcome for the vast majority.

I would add 'and we all know that' to be provocative, but I am fully aware that most people (probably) haven't given the first thought to the machinations and implications of what is going on.

It's sad that must people don't understand this. 

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

Please enlighten us to what is going on... 

For the best explanation for this, I would direct you to the audiobook 'How They Broke Britain', by James O'Brien - in short it's a merry-go-round of the Old Boys' Network, the Client Media, the Tory Party and various dubiously funded 'research groups' (which is a euphemistic way of saying morally corrupt pressure groups).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1