Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

On 20/06/2024 at 16:24, Daggers said:

No idea what’s going to entertain me when the election stuff is done. This has been by far the funniest one. 

"And then when the results came out, obviously none of it was my fault so I'm taking absolutely none of the blame"

21 hours ago, Daggers said:

"I know what we'll do to improve his 'man of the people' image - we'll get him in a pub drinking a pint of water"

"A whole pint of water?"

"Yes, men in pubs will be able to relate to that!"

weakAsWater.png.4000c830d5913dca01c266e10ace7ccc.png

The bloke's a self confessed Coke* addict, did they only have Pepsi??

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Unbelievable. How thick are these people?

It was always going to be a cross party issue once it was clear how many tories had done it. Politician's standards in public life are so unbelievably shit across the board. 

15 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It was always going to be a cross party issue once it was clear how many tories had done it. Politician's standards in public life are so unbelievably shit across the board. 

... and with that matter being therefore roughly equal, it comes back to decisions made based on matters of policy.

Which is no bad thing.

NB. Of course, just a little more integrity on the part of elected officials would be just great.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

While I agree its a stupid thing to do, this is not in the same league as the accusations made against the tory hierarchy. They are accused of betting on the date, when they knew that date i.e insider trading and definately illegal. He is accused of betting on the result of his own constituency, the result of which he can't possibly know and I doubt very much is illegal. I would imagine that candidates have been doing this since time began and seems to me to be an attempt by the gambling commision to equal the playing field.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Labour does not and has not ‘argued against the existence’ of anyone trans. Such a statement is either laughably misinformed or maliciously disingenuous. 

On the other hand, the Green Party is so shit hot on women’s rights its published action points online as the election was called included denying women access to caesarean sections.

So yeh, a great vote for moral superiority there. 

with all due respect daggers, you don't know what you're talking about. These are the positions labour have publicly taken so far

implementing the Cass report in full - the Cass report is a hatchet job, being torn apart post publication for its incredibly shoddy research methods, and represents a huge attack on trans healthcare, which only nominally exists in the UK as is.

GRA reform to include a two year cooling off period - see what I said about healthcare only nominally existing in the UK. it's a postcode lottery but let's take Leeds and York GIC as my nearest - at the current rate of appointments, someone referred today would be waiting 46.5 YEARS for a first appointment (this is why people go private or self medicate). note, first appointment, you need two for a diagnosis and you need a diagnosis to apply for a GRC. An 18 year old referred today is going to be of retirement age by the time they get a diagnosis and it's frankly grossly insulting to state that someone who has waited their entire professional life to get a diagnosis needs to then wait an extra couple of years just to be sure.

trans women to be segregated into side rooms in hospitals - been done before and has a literal body count attached (woman who died as a result of rapid decline of her symptoms not noticed by hospital staff as a result of her being tucked away out of sight)

conversion therapy ban that still allows for "exploratory therapy" - exploratory therapy is literally just what conversion therapists rebranded to, its a paper ban only.

ban the teaching of "gender ideology" in schools - gender ideology is a straight up dog whistle and what people mean when they say they're against gender ideology is that they're against trans people existing in public. what this promised ban is is section 28 redux and it's as harmful now as it was when Thatcher did it.

labour at this point are dangerously anti-trans, the culmination of their policies is to make it impossible to be trans in the UK.

I wasn't aware of that green policy, from what I can find they have dropped it. at any rate, the greens and the lib Dems are the only UK wife parties that aren't completely shit on LGBT rights. Women's equality party are far better and would be my vote if they were standing in my constituency but they're not, I don't trust the lib dems not to betray principles for power so if I bother to turn out it will be for the greens

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Got a Reform leaflet through the door yesterday - naturally it was for another constituency.

Keep it - I'm collecting as much Conservative and Reform material from my friends and family as I can, for, er, personal reasons.