Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Christ, Sunak is a nasty man

Doesn't give a shit about bankrupt councils but happy to gloat it wasn't a Tory council (even though other Tory-led councils are heading that way...) 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Highly doubt Reform will get more than 6 personally. Even if they do get up to 18 I can't see that many lasting a whole parliament without being exposed for racism/corruption/being insane/law breaking.

Why would that matter? It doesn’t stop the Tories, even cabinet ministers and PMs. 

3 minutes ago, danny. said:

Why would that matter? It doesn’t stop the Tories, even cabinet ministers and PMs. 

Fair point. All the more reason to treat their apparent ascendancy with all the seriousness it deserves. The consequences of it could well be serious.

Unrelated observation: I hope that Sunak keeps the name of Brianna Ghey out of his mouth. He doesn't deserve that right at all, given the policy platform he's espousing.

31 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just lies after lie after lie after lie, talking over his opponent, questioners and the moderator.

And the constant blaming of immigrants and people who claim welfare for all the 14 years of suffering his party put the country though. 

Edited by Sampson

The state of this country under the current Conservative regime is an abomination, but considering they've gone full sweeper keeper and Labour have an open goal to aim for, Starmer is doing his best tonight to miss the target.

Sunak as much as I dislike the man I think was the more polished of the two tonight. I'm genuinely surprised Starmer has a legal background, you'd think he'd have Sunak in his back pocket, but I didn't see that on the evidence of tonight.

The choices yet again at this election are shocking, the options are abysmal, neither clearly have a clue how to better this country and these are widely considered to be the best on offer.

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

The state of this country under the current Conservative regime is an abomination, but considering they've gone full sweeper keeper and Labour have an open goal to aim for, Starmer is doing his best tonight to miss the target.

Sunak as much as I dislike the man I think he was the more polished of the two tonight. I'm genuinely surprised Starmer has a legal background, you'd think he'd have Sunak in his back pocket, but I haven't seen that on the evidence of tonight.

The choices yet again at this election are shocking, the options are abysmal, neither clearly have a clue how to better this country and these are widely considered to be the best on offer.

“Polished”?! It was one of the most violently negative debate performances I’ve ever seen. Everything was nasty and trying to divide. All the **** he did was lie, scream over the opponent, try and whip up people against migrants, trans people and people who claim welfare and repeat slogans over and over. Everything he did came from a place of nastiness and division. There was nothing positive about the future, it was relentless pessimism about  “surrendering to the opposition”.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sampson said:

“Polished”?! It was one of the most violently negative debate performances I’ve ever seen. Everything was nasty and trying to divide. All the **** he did was lie, scream over the opponent, try and whip up people against migrants, trans people and people who claim welfare and repeat slogans over and over. Everything he did came from a place of nastiness and division.

I'm not referring to the content, but his delivery was far superior to Starmer's who looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Non-committal on a number of issues and seemed ill prepared by comparison (even if the claims from Sunak could be considered spurious). Putting Sunak's political stance to the side, he was far more confident in his statements and rightly or wrongly delivered with conviction, which surprised me considering I really don't like the man or those he keeps company with. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They believe that if they mention this stuff enough times, no matter how outrageous, eventually people will come round to thinking exactly the same.  Brexit was the start of it, Covid continued it and now they're at it again.  Only on this occasion surely people will not be duped for a third consecutive time?  

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

I remember that during the referendum, twattish bullies voting out appropriated public space to advertise Vote Out, without permission. Just seen a Vote Reform placard tied up in a public space. 

It's getting removed shortly. 

• Like 1