Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

24 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

They believe that if they mention this stuff enough times, no matter how outrageous, eventually people will come round to thinking exactly the same.  Brexit was the start of it, Covid continued it and now they're at it again.  Only on this occasion surely people will not be duped for a third consecutive time?  

Sadly true, and it’s the way politics has gone now, tell a lie enough and people will believe it and start repeating it themselves. I was talking to a couple of family members over the weekend who had asked who I was voting for, they was thinking of voting tory, (usually vote labour but don’t like stirmer) I said I couldn’t vote tory, pointed out their lies, the scandal during Covid, trussenomics, the lies, scaremongering trying to install fear into the voters, the self serving parasites that were in it to grab what they could.

This tory government has to go down has one of the most despicable governments in history. After the last election they had a mandate that could have kept them in power for over a decade and more yet in the space of five sorry years they now stand to be trounced and the bloodbath on the 4th of July is going to be glorious. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

They believe that if they mention this stuff enough times, no matter how outrageous, eventually people will come round to thinking exactly the same.  Brexit was the start of it, Covid continued it and now they're at it again.  Only on this occasion surely people will not be duped for a third consecutive time?  

Britain:

84e832cc-b853-40d1-bcf9-bd0d2aae2bec.siz

13 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

1. No foreign calls centres.

2. The ability to downgrade any utility or service online without discussing it over a telephone to be made compulsory.

3. Taxis, and lots of them! :ph34r:

4. Compulsory national service for Forest, Coventry and Leeds supporters. 

4. Amendment 1. Spurs fans to be exiled to St Helena within two months, whereafter any found on British soil will be shot (including St Helena).

4. Amendment 2. Amnesty for Notts County and Watford fans (to secure the @spacemunky and @Super_horns vote.

6. More taxis.

7. Cucumber, watermelon and celery to be taxed at 30% to help smug salad lovers to pay for treatment of the obese.

8. 10 pt deduction to all EPL teams except LCFC during the season 2024-25 (Points deduction may be revisited if it becomes apparent later that this is not enough).

9. Tax on alcohol to be tweaked. Drinkers of Carling, Fosters, Bells to pay more in an attempt to educate the British palette.

10. More money for UK nurses, so that they can... Well, just so they can.

11. Renationalisation of Royal Mail with less emphasis on people getting their Chinese tat the next working day and more on receiving hospital appointments on time.

12. A team of elite scientists to research what exactly a sphinx does, especially a Czech one, so as to understand why someone might be given such an epithet.

13. Unlucky for some. The national lottery will be merged with national service. You get the idea.

14. Special anti-solar panels to be fitted to people's homes, to cut all electricity on sunny days in an attempt to get people outside during nice weather. Crack teams of enforcement officers will be formed to break up illegal COD and Fortnite parties during school holidays.

15. Grouse/Pheasant hunting (etc) to be completely banned and replaced with eScooter hunting, whereby any over the age of 18 on an eScooter is fair game. Only between the 1st of July, until the 30th June each year.

16. Trans rights. You will be able to drive whatever van you like.

17. "Trav Le Bleu gives milk to you!" They will sing in years to come, the antithesis to Margaret Thatcher the milk snatcher. Compulsory milk for all, including the lactose intolerant (my government will allow NO intolerance!) and especially vegans. Let's drink Britain's cattle dry!

18. Did I mention taxis?

19. It feels like there's less and less pubs around. To combat this no pub will be able to have both a lounge AND a bar. Each must be managed separately and have a different name, thus doubling all pubs in the UK at one swoop!

20. Teachers. Who cares? They get all summer off. Give them the rest of the year off and let the kids roam the streets to learn so REAL lessons about life.

And there you have it.

20 sensible policies for sensible people!

TAXI!

Far too much thought has gone into this... you will not get elected.

When i voted for  Tony Blair (first period)  i was excited and knew he was the one i wanted in 100%.

I will most probably still vote Labour(20% of Lb Dems) but boy are my feelings completely different to many many moons ago.

Maybe its just politics in general after all the lies, cheating and scaremongering

19 minutes ago, Raj said:

When i voted for  Tony Blair (first period)  i was excited and knew he was the one i wanted in 100%.

I will most probably still vote Labour(20% of Lb Dems) but boy are my feelings completely different to many many moons ago.

Maybe its just politics in general after all the lies, cheating and scaremongering

Feel the same, need to remove the tories, but it’s all very meh for me.  Jaded by the whole shooting match. 

• Like 2

They can't have it both ways, when you consider Sunak was pointing the finger at Labour for the council going bankrupt, but then this melt above wants to claim credit for something not in their control. 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I didnt catch the debate (thank god) but there were snippets on the news this morning. 

The best question/comment of the night was from one member of the audience who asked:

"Are you two really the best possible candidates to be the next PM". 

I think that is what most of the country thinks. Sunak has a great grasp of numbers but in no way a leader. Starmer is incredibly mediocre and so indecisive it might need a new word to describe the extremes he goes to. His lack of quality of handling his words for a lawyer also leaves a lot to be desired. 

We will back here in 4 years most probably worse off and it doesnt matter who wins it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think that is what most of the country thinks.

I don’t. I think that’s what most Tory voters think. 

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I didnt catch the debate (thank god) but there were snippets on the news this morning. 

The best question/comment of the night was from one member of the audience who asked:

I think that is what most of the country thinks. Sunak has a great grasp of numbers but in no way a leader. Starmer is incredibly mediocre and so indecisive it might need a new word to describe the extremes he goes to. His lack of quality of handling his words for a lawyer also leaves a lot to be desired. 

We will back here in 4 years most probably worse off and it doesnt matter who wins it. 

As much as this sentiment is valid and resonates, I feel compelled to ask the same question in response whenever it comes up.

Who within the various ranks would be both more principled and just "better" and (more importantly in Labours case) more likely to have those principles actually mean something by winning the power necessary to implement them?

Pointing out problems is easier, giving viable solutions appears to be rather harder.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I’m half in the same boat, half in the mindset that it isn’t so much Labour’s fault that everyone’s hope has been beaten out of them as the Tories scapegoating and nasty rhetoric for 14 years. 

I don’t care whether Starmer is charismatic or not but the manifesto and campaign just screams 5 more years of austerity and neoliberalism and not really the social democratic ideals the party should have. That is what depresses me over the leader, I hope it’s just a campaign tactic and things change when they’re in power but I’m cynical 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Feel the same, need to remove the tories, but it’s all very meh for me.  Jaded by the whole shooting match. 

19 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I’m half in the same boat, half in the mindset that it isn’t so much Labour’s fault that everyone’s hope has been beaten out of them as the Tories scapegoating and nasty rhetoric for 14 years. 

I don’t care whether Starmer is charismatic or not but the manifesto and campaign just screams 5 more years of austerity and neoliberalism and not really the social democratic ideals the party should have. That is what depresses me over the leader, I hope it’s just a campaign tactic and things change when they’re in power but I’m cynical 

Nothing Starmer has said or anything in the manifesto which screams out and says "Vote for labour"  which is different to any of the others.

I just wanted something for me to get excited and say "yes man nailed it" 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As much as this sentiment is valid and resonates, I feel compelled to ask the same question in response whenever it comes up.

Who within the various ranks would be both more principled and just "better" and (more importantly in Labours case) more likely to have those principles actually mean something by winning the power necessary to implement them?

Pointing out problems is easier, giving viable solutions appears to be rather harder.

But that is the problem isnt it. There is no one who stands out as extrodinary or at least no one who is of the neccessary experience to make that step up (they may be in a few years). 

What was it ? 14 years ago ? the last election. Both parties put up leadership candidates who quite frankly should not have been anywhere near the leadership team. Johnson is Johnson and Corbyn while his politics is needed to keep the centre left of the labour party honest, it certainly shouldnt be leading the party. What we got were a bunch of mediocre (I am being kind) shouty and frankly uninspring idiots. Obviously there are a few exceptions on both sides but the majority are what they are. You see that in both cabinet and shadow cabinet appointments. Those choices by both parties are impacting the quality of politics and will do for a few more years. 

The further problem we have is after Sunak gets his hammering, the tory party might make a further stupid decision and electing Bravermen or someone of her ilk as leader. 

We have always had issues with medicore politicians but over the years, whether you agree with them or not, we've had some really good talent. If that sort of talent was available now, for both parties. Neither of these two candidates are anywhere near the leadership. 

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

But that is the problem isnt it. There is no one who stands out as extrodinary or at least no one who is of the neccessary experience to make that step up (they may be in a few years). 

What was it ? 14 years ago ? the last election. Both parties put up leadership candidates who quite frankly should not have been anywhere near the leadership team. Johnson is Johnson and Corbyn while his politics is needed to keep the centre left of the labour party honest, it certainly shouldnt be leading the party. What we got were a bunch of mediocre (I am being kind) shouty and frankly uninspring idiots. Obviously there are a few exceptions on both sides but the majority are what they are. You see that in both cabinet and shadow cabinet appointments. Those choices by both parties are impacting the quality of politics and will do for a few more years. 

The further problem we have is after Sunak gets his hammering, the tory party might make a further stupid decision and electing Bravermen or someone of her ilk as leader. 

We have always had issues with medicore politicians but over the years, whether you agree with them or not, we've had some really good talent. If that sort of talent was available now, for both parties. Neither of these two candidates are anywhere near the leadership. 

Labour didn't put Corbyn forward.

Entryists took advantage of the lax rule regarding membership/leadership voting to foist a hard left candidate on the party.

He had been put forward to engender debate, Tories and Militant/Momentum signed up and obtained a vote they used to ruin Labour.

Marxists and Tories made Corbyn leader.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Thought that question was rude, weird and a waste of time to be honest. What was he referring to when talking about Starmer having his "strings pulled by senior people in the Labour Party"?

Sunak is a useless Prime Minister but had a successful private sector career before entering politics. Starmer entered politics in his 50s after about as stellar a career in public service as it's possible to imagine. That's exactly the kind of outside politics experience many people say they want from their politicians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1