Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fuchsocksblu

Pierre Dwomoh

His stats are pretty honking. 

We probably have a better 8 already on the books that we can't find a buyer for tbh. On current evidence I'd rather Soumaré than Dwomoh. 

Granted, that's assuming Enzo can get a tune out of him. If he can't convince him to even run then it's a non starter. 

Translation on the Pierre Dwomoh segment:

Things are moving for Pierre Dwomoh.

While the Belgian midfielder had to stay at RWDM, we know that the Eagle group which owns RWDM did not wish to exercise the purchase option at 1.5 million euros and the Belgian midfielder will return to Antwerp at the end of the season.

It was also automatically extended for an additional year when the RWDM did not want the option but there is a departure and yes it will not make old water on the side of the Royal Antwerp Football Club.

Pierre Dwomoh, there is an interest, a clear interest, this interest comes from Leicester City and yes, Leicester have obtained information from the player's entourage.

According to several corroborating sources, he would even be ready to have lined up 3 million euros, an amount that the Royal Antwerp Football Club wants to simply allow Pierre Dwomoh to be released from his contract.

There are discussions in the coming days which will take place live in England between the representatives of Pierre Dwomoh and also Leicester City in order to find an agreement on an individual level and then, it will therefore be necessary to inquire about an agreement with the RA FC.

Besides that, the Luton Town Football Club has also inquired about the file as we know Luton Town will be relegated to the Championship next season so there are two solutions two possibilities for Pierre Dwomoh so will he join The Foxes? That's "Wait and See".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

So RWDM did not want to buy him for 1.5M Euros but we make an offer of 3M Euros. What is wrong with us.

They had a £1.5m option on him as his contract was up but as they've opted not to, Antwerp have automatically extended it so I suspect are now asking for more given the PL interest.

7 hours ago, Phenom said:

How were Fatawu’s stats before he came here? Genuinely asking.

I remember that he was also a former wonder kid who’s stock was low.

Almost non existent. He'd played very little senior football. 

Dwomoh has and hasn't really set the world on fire. 

He's way, way too young to write off especially for 3m but it's not the most exciting signing we've ever seen. But then that's probably the reality of our financial situation. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

So RWDM did not want to buy him for 1.5M Euros but we make an offer of 3M Euros. What is wrong with us.

We have a pillock negotiator.

I wonder if this might turn out to be a loan move looking at the future.At some point I think a major signing is going to be needed to ensure Leicester have someone that can hit the ground running from day 1. If the club is unable to go that due to financial constraints will be tough going particularly if Wilf etc get a better offer

I wasn’t enthusiastic about this link back in the winter transfer window and I’m not excited about it now.

I don’t think he’s good enough with the ball at his feet to play serious Premier League minutes no matter how much he played in Belgium this year.

I will be a little more receptive to this transfer if we see Dwomoh as a long-term project (probably involving a loan next season) if we have the patience to allow him to build his technical skills up to the level of his physical attributes.

2 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Having not been impressed with his stats etc, Antwerp seem to be as they gave him a 5 year contract aged 17 and another new contract aged 19. Not sure why they are now selling having seemingly having belief in him.

Players reach a point where they make their intentions clear and want to move on to a higher level etc.  I don't think clubs of smaller stature would keep unhappy players around, the prospect of receiving a good sized transfer fee is something they would gladly take. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/05/2024 at 00:15, -sodapop said:

Remember reading he had a bit of an attitude problem from the Antwerp fans, but hard to say if they believe it or if it's just standard fan frustration.

Not just from Antwerp, Genk (his previous club) as well. He left Genk because they felt he wanted too much too fast and wasn't ready. He then moved to Antwerp, where he obviously also didn't succeed. Was loaned to Oostende (relegated), then RWDM (also relegated), failing to make a meaningful impact at both clubs. The type of player with an abundance of talent but without the right mindset, who will probably never fulfill his potential because of the latter.

On 23/05/2024 at 21:07, Molson Canadian said:

Players reach a point where they make their intentions clear and want to move on to a higher level etc.  I don't think clubs of smaller stature would keep unhappy players around, the prospect of receiving a good sized transfer fee is something they would gladly take. 

Antwerp is not a small club, they were Belgian champions last season. Dwomoh is extremely talented but has so far failed to live up to that expectation at every club he played for. Not saying your 3M is going to be a waste of money, but it's a fairly big risk for someone who has had a pattern of mentality issues throughout his early career already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

Not just from Antwerp, Genk (his previous club) as well. He left Genk because they felt he wanted too much too fast and wasn't ready. He then moved to Antwerp, where he obviously also didn't succeed. Was loaned to Oostende (relegated), then RWDM (also relegated), failing to make a meaningful impact at both clubs. The type of player with an abundance of talent but without the right mindset, who will probably never fulfill his potential because of the latter.

Antwerp is not a small club, they were Belgian champions last season. Dwomoh is extremely talented but has so far failed to live up to that expectation at every club he played for. Not saying your 3M is going to be a waste of money, but it's a fairly big risk for someone who has had a pattern of mentality issues throughout his early career already.

Thanks @KlaaZ, appreciate the insight! Sounds like we should probably steer clear of him then. And yet we appear to be negotiating for him 🙄.

• Like 2