Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Carlos Corberán

Has done really well at both Huddersfield and West Brom whilst having basically nothing to spend at both, also had to keep things going whilst West Brom were having proper financial issues before their takeover earlier this year

I would be alright with it if we brought him in

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

To be honest we aren't getting a manager without question marks.

And we’re a team with question marks!  
Any manager who takes the Leicester job is doing so without knowing how much money there’ll be, and what points deduction we’ll start with.  It’s a great job because it’s PL and good owners, but it’s a gamble. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, fleshdaddy said:

No, thanks. Thought tactically WBA were really poor in the playoffs. I think (hope) we could do better.

Apart from Premiership football we're not currently an attractive proposition. Possible points deduction on the horizon and little or no money to spend isn't exactly a magnetic for the sort of manager that we'd like to have. 

Just as the Chelsea job, with their owners and faceless pseudo experts dictating player recruitment will ensure that they won't be able to attract a top class manager, so will our different set of circumstances. Same meat, different gravy. 

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If Enzo goes, one of the main reasons is that we're in very poor financial shape. 

If that's the case, we aren't getting anyone exciting. People will be happier if they embrace that now. 

Yep I think if Enzo goes then our best bet is to get someone like Moyes on a rolling contract. Someone that knows the division, can steady the ship by keeping the basics right and will go if we are relegated in replace for someone that we can build around like Enzo.

• Haha 2

West Brom's squad is naff so to drag them into the play offs is an achievement in itself. He does well in adversity which is what we need - he has pragmatic streak that Enzo just doesn't.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If Enzo goes, one of the main reasons is that we're in very poor financial shape. 

If that's the case, we aren't getting anyone exciting. People will be happier if they embrace that now. 

I mean it'll be nothing to do with the money Chelsea would offer him and the almost unlimited transfer budget as they will always find a way around PSR.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I mean it'll be nothing to do with the money Chelsea would offer him and the almost unlimited transfer budget as they will always find a way around PSR.

Yeah sure but I do genuinely believe that if the club were in a completely healthy and stable place, he'd stick around to see a season in the Prem with us. 

42 minutes ago, Stadt said:

West Brom's squad is naff so to drag them into the play offs is an achievement in itself. He does well in adversity which is what we need - he has pragmatic streak that Enzo just doesn't.

The only thing you can say about West Brom is they had the 6th highest wage bill. Players on loan like Mikey Johnstone cost a fair bit on the wages.

But that said their squad is a joke compared to Coventry and Hull and they outperformed them. Their strike Dike has also been out for ages, then came back and got injured again. So they were competitive despite having one of their best players unavailable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The only thing you can say about West Brom is they had the 6th highest wage bill. Players on loan like Mikey Johnstone cost a fair bit on the wages.

But that said their squad is a joke compared to Coventry and Hull and they outperformed them. Their strike Dike has also been out for ages, then came back and got injured again. So they were competitive despite having one of their best players unavailable.

The wage bill is downstream of dysfunction rather than being well resourced, if that makes sense.

I’d almost feel a bit sorry for Corberan if he arrived here, just leaving one messy job for the next.

• Like 1