Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Carlos Corberán

23 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

We're in a different league now.

PS You've decided to compare him to Enzo - I didn't. I was judging Corberan on his own merits. I just think we can probably do a bit better than him.

Still, if it is to be him, I'll back him 100%

Aaar. My mistake on that front.. 

But bearing in mind our current situation ( looming points deduction, potential lack of ability to actually spend and not infringe rules further) I think we will struggle to attract a higher echelon manager at present.. 

I too will back the new guy,  so we at least agree on that one 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Leicester job is still a massive one. You walk into that training centre and you are saying yes! Owners have been there for over a decade, have won trophies in the past, ambitious and have a great squad.

I assume that anyone that comes in will want a minimum 2-3 year deal and assurances that if we are relegated, they are kept on to spearhead the promotion charge if neccessary. You are definitely dealt a starting bad hand, but you get to manage in the Premier League immediately and if you keep the club up, you are an instant hero.

I think the new owners do want to keep Corberan, but the fact is he has no previous relationship with them. And few if any clubs in the country can match our academy. Outside of the elite clubs, in terms of infrastucture, ours are some of the best.

Don't get me wrong though, the worst thing that could happen is that manager after manager turns us down. That would really make us feel bad.

No doubt there’s numerous selling points from our stand point, Seagrave being the main one. 

However this isn’t the Leicester City of the title winning days, this is nowhere near the Leicester City of even two years ago. 

So much damage has been done, so much uncertainty still looms, a points deduction being the main. Also there’s likely to be much upheaval regarding the playing squad, personally I don’t think our squad is as attractive as it once was. 

Whoever comes in has a massive task on their hands, multiple adversities to potentially work under. 

As we’ve touched on, Corberan could be seen as an ideal fit, he’s worked through adversities and had success in doing so. 

But then comes back to the question, would he want to join yet another club with a bunch of problems, when for example he left Huddersfield because he was frustrated with what they were offering him. 

I think it all depends on what we can offer him and what our ambition is, but there’s so much that’s broken at Leicester City, where I could easily see him clashing with the board. 

West Brom nowadays look a far more stable project than when he first went in, better foundations could be laid for yet another promotion push next season, if that’s the case, then it wouldn’t be surprising if he actually stays at West Brom. 

Just now, kingfox said:

No doubt there’s numerous selling points from our stand point, Seagrave being the main one. 

However this isn’t the Leicester City of the title winning days, this is nowhere near the Leicester City of even two years ago. 

So much damage has been done, so much uncertainty still looms, a points deduction being the main. Also there’s likely to be much upheaval regarding the playing squad, personally I don’t think our squad is as attractive as it once was. 

Whoever comes in has a massive task on their hands, multiple adversities to potentially work under. 

As we’ve touched on, Corberan could be seen as an ideal fit, he’s worked through adversities and had success in doing so. 

But then comes back to the question, would he want to join yet another club with a bunch of problems, when for example he left Huddersfield because he was frustrated with what they were offering him. 

I think it all depends on what we can offer him and what our ambition is, but there’s so much that’s broken at Leicester City, where I could easily see him clashing with the board. 

West Brom nowadays look a far more stable project than when he first went in, better foundations could be laid for yet another promotion push next season, if that’s the case, then it wouldn’t be surprising if he actually stays at West Brom. 

The exposure of that in the Premier League opens up more doors than when it occurs in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

We don’t have much at the moment - we will certainly need to get players in - so is this necessarily a good thing for our situation? 

We might not have much right now, but equally we're restricted in what we're going to be able to spend so its a bit of both. 

If he's good at finding a way to make what he has work to minimise the reliance on getting players in then its definitely a good thing. Not ideal, but making the most of a tricky situation for sure.

Keep us up and a lot of our problems go away.  

Most of our big earners will have gone and the rules will have probably changed.  So spending restriction likely much lowered.

We only have to finish above 3 teams 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

Keep us up and a lot of our problems go away.  

Most of our big earners will have gone and the rules will have probably changed.  So spending restriction likely much lowered.

We only have to finish above 3 teams 

we'll be starting on minus points, don't forget... i'm going to guess at an 8 point penalty..

Just read that whilst working at Leeds, Bielsa said that he values Corberan's opinion more than his own. He was held on high regard and did a good job at Huddersfield and WBA. He gets my approval.

• Like 1

It’s not a glamorous appointment, and yes we would like more sought after name. In all honesty, I can get behind this. I think it is what we could be needing in terms of approach. I love how positive he is, he won’t ever call us out as fans, he will be on the rollercoaster with us - I think that will be really important, and endearing, to a point where even if we go down we will be United and behind him.

And let’s be honest, whilst not at the top of the list in terms of who we would want in an ideal world, he’s head and shoulders over many names that have been/will be linked with us, and would want to come.

• Like 3

Excellent thread by Tacticar that.

Corberan was probably one of my top 3 choices, he's now number 1. I think he has the flexibility to really cope with whatever is thrown at him, and he suits a large amount of the players we already have.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Honestly reading this it seems like it might be a blessing in disguise for Enzo to go if we sign Corberan. His style seems much more suited to what our fanbase likes. 

Have been a big fan of Corberan this season. West Brom were good with the ball and brilliant without the ball. However, he always seems to fall at the final hurdle.

Similar this season where Southampton completely nullified West Broms tactics in the play offs and especially in the second leg. They pressed west brom and they couldn't really deal with it...Corberan then wasnt able to react and tweak the tactics during the game.

Will be a gamble if we go for him. Would prefer Potter or even Moyes but I think Corberan is a more realistic option

6 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Have been a big fan of Corberan this season. West Brom were good with the ball and brilliant without the ball. However, he always seems to fall at the final hurdle.

Similar this season where Southampton completely nullified West Broms tactics in the play offs and especially in the second leg. They pressed west brom and they couldn't really deal with it...Corberan then wasnt able to react and tweak the tactics during the game.

Will be a gamble if we go for him. Would prefer Potter or even Moyes but I think Corberan is a more realistic option

I understand this concern, but you must also caveat that with the fact that he's managing WBA. By the very nature of that fact the amount of tweaking and reacting he can do is limited by the talent and resource he has available to him. Resources especially that he has had to be very, very frugal with due to the financial constraints they were under. They arguably puched above their weight this year and 1 or 2 more squad players/1 more major attacking threat gets them even closer to over the line very unexpectedly. 

IMO, if he were to take the job here and this still proved the case then those arguments more than hold their weight. I think we could do alot worse than Corberan, I wouldn't be concerned if this is the direction we took at all.

15 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Enzo won both games?

Yes, with a squad worth 4 times more than Carlos’. If you don’t think he outcoached Enzo at the game at KP I don’t know what to tell you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Honestly reading this it seems like it might be a blessing in disguise for Enzo to go if we sign Corberan. His style seems much more suited to what our fanbase likes. 

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Analysis from the legend that is Tacticar:

This is brilliant …. I’ve liked him as a manager for a while, his honesty and passion are infectious. It seems his tactics are a great fit - Gerrrrimmmmmin!!! 

If it is to be Corberan, then as a few posters have touched on today, they’ll be certain positions of importance, the defensive midfield situation especially. 

Comparing Alex Mowatt to what he gave to West Brom this season, against what Harry Winks gave to us, there’s numerous similarities. 

According to FBRef, Mowatt produced 106 shot creating actions, compared to Winks 105. Over per 90 minutes, Mowatt is just a tad higher. 

When it comes to progressive passes and progressive carries, they are pretty much identical. 

On evidence, Winks would suit a Corberan style, but I think the most important thing would be getting in some size to go alongside him, very much like what Yokuslu offers to West Brom. 

Also of importance is West Brom’s width and what their wide players give them. Conor Townsend was averaging 3 crosses per90 last season. While very much like Mavididi and Fatawu, Tom Fellows and Mikey Johnston were both averaging over 7 dribbles per90. 
059-BCB13-5-B25-49-C9-96-BA-1-DF4-D90-A2F0-C70-A23-3-E52-47-E7-B896-B6-C9-B4248-

• Like 4

whoever is brought in needs to be done this week so they can prepare. Does the transfer window open at the end of this week? Rudkin pack up your beach towel and start looking and your  negotiations

19 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Would be happy for this but in our position financially, I think his contract until the summer of 2027 may be a stumbling block? I forsee the club's target only being a currently out of contract manager sadly. 

£2m release clause apparently

• Like 3

I think he would be a great replacement, was really impressed by West Brom particularly in the game at the KP where they gave us a real fright and but for some poor finishing and an inspired performance by Hamza we could and should have been on the back of a bit of a hiding. 

• Like 1