Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 24/25 Pre-season guff (misc talking points)

10 hours ago, Lionator said:

Sounds like Wolves pre season game against Como went well @The Bear. Hwang racially abused and Podence sent off for decking the culprit. No surprise that Dennis Wise is involved at Como. 

Thierry Henry is one of the owners at Como now too, so hopefully they deal with it correctly. 

The 2nd and 3rd paragraph don't really correlate as part of their reasoning or 'excuse'. 

So what if he is called Channy? Why would then that extend to wanting to call him Jackie Chan on a football pitch lol

Was he doing some action stunts or something... 

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

The state of this willy pullerish cop out. Defending a racist stereotype comment then trying to deflect the blame to our players. 

All they had to say was sorry and that it was a mistake that won’t happen again, why can’t people just take responsibility and aim to grow from it? 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 3

Imagine I'm in the minority here but "Ignore him he think's he Jackie Chan" is barely worth an eye roll, never mind getting punched lol

If that's genuinely all that was said I don't mind being labelled a Tommy Robinson wannabee for thinking that punching someone is worse than saying that sentence.

That being said I know that "punch" is probably being overblown and it was probably a light slap.

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Being the minority, context is everything.  I remember someone in the ground shouting 'oye sanjay get the fook out of the way'.  May not sound much, but the tone and demeanor and the reaction of the people around him, made me feel very uncomfortable.  And my mate had to hold me back because it's not the words but the message that person wanted to give.....

Oh yeah I get totally get that. I think intent behind any words or actions for me should be the main factor. If he's singled you out and taken exception to you because of your skin colour then that's cut and dry racist behaviour.

I've only met you once, but we shared a few drinks in fan club and  after an FT meet up and you were an absolute champ.  I'd definitely have your back :D I'm fairly sure it was you anyway - I distinctly remember chanting "Singh is king" anyway lol and I don't know any other Singh's on FT! haha

If it wasn't your good self I've definitely outed myself as the biggest racist on FT lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Oh yeah I get totally get that. I think intent behind any words or actions for me should be the main factor. If he's singled you out and taken exception to you because of your skin colour then that's cut and dry racist behaviour.

I've only met you once, but we shared a few drinks in fan club and  after an FT meet up and you were an absolute champ.  I'd definitely have your back :D I'm fairly sure it was you anyway - I distinctly remember chanting "Singh is king" anyway lol and I don't know any other Singh's on FT! haha

If it wasn't your good self I've definitely outed myself as the biggest racist on FT lol

:D yeah its been a while, about 17 years ago.  I remember that night.  Those old FT days, miss those, lots of great nights.  How are you keeping, you guys were young boys/men in those days.

Your right bud, I also get your point, hence I didnt say that guy that shouted, shouted racist abuse, but i knew what his intent was.

• Like 1

Reckon Maresca will leave Chelsea in late-October.

It really seems like a mess of a club, with no real team cohesion.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont get why its only Chelsea getting grief? There are numerous Prem players from other clubs singing along that arent getting any jip at all

Yeah the whole squad is getting off pretty lightly