Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 24/25 Pre-season guff (misc talking points)

That's pretty sad behaviour from the Argentinian. Sorry he got caught but I don't buy the excuses.

I wouldn't want a teammate playing for my club who thinks that's okay to say and just say sorry, my bad I was wrong can we forget it all thanks!

There has to be significant consequences for racism or zero point in talking about kicking it out of the game.

I get people make mistakes and can accept an apology but you need to take time away to go learn about your hateful words and impacts they have on others. That would show me you give a shit bout change and not just saying sorry to keep your fat pay cheque.

8 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont get why its only Chelsea getting grief? There are numerous Prem players from other clubs singing along that arent getting any jip at all

Wesley Fofana

Alex Disasi 

Benoit Badiashile 

Lesley Ugochukwu

Christopher Nkunku 

Malo Gusto 

Malang Sarr 

He couldn't have picked a worse squad to be going back to. If the racism wasn't bad enough - and it is to be clear - the unbelievable stupidity is just additional drama for the media

9 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

:D yeah its been a while, about 17 years ago.  I remember that night.  Those old FT days, miss those, lots of great nights.  How are you keeping, you guys were young boys/men in those days.

Your right bud, I also get your point, hence I didnt say that guy that shouted, shouted racist abuse, but i knew what his intent was.

17 years ago! Bloody hell. Well I still feel 18 despite being mid 30s now lol  Twas a quality night out, was a really good group of lads at the meet ups.

I'm still spending far too much time on here, so that probably says all you need to know about how I'm keeping haha. A single man, so clearly never fully took on board your pulling advice lol

How about yourself?

Indeed, always happy to heard from a voice of experience :)

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Wesley Fofana

Alex Disasi 

Benoit Badiashile 

Lesley Ugochukwu

Christopher Nkunku 

Malo Gusto 

Malang Sarr 

He couldn't have picked a worse squad to be going back to. If the racism wasn't bad enough - and it is to be clear - the unbelievable stupidity is just additional drama for the media

Yes but there are other Prem players on that bus that should be getting equally as much shit. Seems to be Enzo copping it all on social media

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Yes but there are other Prem players on that bus that should be getting equally as much shit. Seems to be Enzo copping it all on social media

I don't disagree but they were singing a song specifically about France's African heritage footballers and Chelsea have seven of them in the first team squad as well as two more from the wider Francosphere (Lukako and Lavia) and some of those have reacted already.

Usually when these sorts of stories break, you'll often see the club mates of the offending players try and down-play the incident, where as Fofana's already gone in on him. 

The media (social and mainstream) might not like racism but they LOVE drama. It's pretty obvious why Fernandez is getting more attention than anyone else.

• Like 1

I can't find definitive proof I am right with this, but are we only currently selected for TV on August 19th and the rest are not in yet?  I have a NowTV and TNT subscription for my grandad so I don't want to be paying for it if I have no reason. 

Before anyone says anything, at 80 years old it took long enough for get him to learn NowTV TV app, I am not even going to try and get him using IPTV. 

Bentancur did similar in an interview which offended Son.

Bentancur apologised publicly, Son accepted it publicly and it moved on. Fuel has been chucked on this fire so I imagine it situation will escalate. Good luck Enzo trying to sort this mess out! 

3 hours ago, bovril said:

What has the heritage of French footballers got to do with Argentina and the Copa America anyway? Are Argentinians just incapable of celebrating something in groups without being racist? 

That’s what I don’t get. Why the hell are the singing about France 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

That’s what I don’t get. Why the hell are the singing about France 

The chant came about after the World Cup final. I guess they were going through the back catalogue. 

2 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

I can't find definitive proof I am right with this, but are we only currently selected for TV on August 19th and the rest are not in yet?  I have a NowTV and TNT subscription for my grandad so I don't want to be paying for it if I have no reason. 

Before anyone says anything, at 80 years old it took long enough for get him to learn NowTV TV app, I am not even going to try and get him using IPTV. 

All games up until Sept have been chosen for TV coverage. Our Spurs game is the only one we've been selected for :)

This thread is worth keeping tabs on! 

• Thanks 1

Uneducated South Americans who don't understand what racist is. Pretty sure not one of them appreciates the offence they cause, they see it as their version of 'banter' 

Forgetting the racism, it's always cringe when teams and fans celebrate by singing about other teams. Felt the same about all the Leeds stuff our players were doing, but at least that was relevant to their achievement. 

Anyway... The new season of fantasy football is underway! Vardy at 5.5mill, our Titans at the back Vesty and Faes a mere 4mill a piece.  Fatawu ain't in it yet. Do we have an official thread?

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Anyway... The new season of fantasy football is underway! Vardy at 5.5mill, our Titans at the back Vesty and Faes a mere 4mill a piece.  Fatawu ain't in it yet. Do we have an official thread?

:D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I appreciate it's not United's fault that Mason Greenwood is a scumbag but them getting 30m and a 50% sell on fee for him when they should have sacked him outright is fvcking disgusting. 

If he was a LCFC player and they did this, would you still feel this way about it?

Edited by Wymsey

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

17 years ago! Bloody hell. Well I still feel 18 despite being mid 30s now lol  Twas a quality night out, was a really good group of lads at the meet ups.

I'm still spending far too much time on here, so that probably says all you need to know about how I'm keeping haha. A single man, so clearly never fully took on board your pulling advice lol

How about yourself?

Indeed, always happy to heard from a voice of experience :)

:amartey:Singh is still King