Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 24/25 Pre-season guff (misc talking points)

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

17 years ago! Bloody hell. Well I still feel 18 despite being mid 30s now lol  Twas a quality night out, was a really good group of lads at the meet ups.

I'm still spending far too much time on here, so that probably says all you need to know about how I'm keeping haha. A single man, so clearly never fully took on board your pulling advice lol

How about yourself?

Indeed, always happy to heard from a voice of experience :)

Married, kids, mortgage, grey hair, massive labido.  Drink too much, eat too much.

Feeling fab.

Good to hear your doing ok though, marriage is well overated, prefer a girlfriend or girlfriends 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Married, kids, mortgage, grey hair, massive labido.  Drink too much, eat too much.

Feeling fab.

Good to hear your doing ok though, marriage is well overated, prefer a girlfriend or girlfriends 

Let's hope Mrs Singh doesnt check your browser history.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bovril said:

What has the heritage of French footballers got to do with Argentina and the Copa America anyway? Are Argentinians just incapable of celebrating something in groups without being racist? 

Seems like it.

Any other profession and they are all suspended and then dismissed for gross misconduct. The agrieved players at Chelsea could all down tools and refuse to play and get their contract paid in full if they feel the club has not acted to protect them against discrimination. Especially as its it's a protected characteristic. Race, religion, sex disability etc. What's worse for Chelsea is that anyone that works for them can make a complaint and they're up the creek, even if it wasn't aimed at them..... Big job for Enzo this. Expect a fire sale 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Umbungo78 said:

Any other profession and they are all suspended and then dismissed for gross misconduct. The agrieved players at Chelsea could all down tools and refuse to play and get their contract paid in full if they feel the club has not acted to protect them against discrimination. Especially as its it's a protected characteristic. Race, religion, sex disability etc. What's worse for Chelsea is that anyone that works for them can make a complaint and they're up the creek, even if it wasn't aimed at them..... Big job for Enzo this. Expect a fire sale 

Money talks though. Just look at Ashley Cole and what he got away with. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I appreciate it's not United's fault that Mason Greenwood is a scumbag but them getting 30m and a 50% sell on fee for him when they should have sacked him outright is fvcking disgusting. 

Completely agree. Feels a bit like they've hidden behind the wringing of hands that the charges were "dropped" so they might have got sued if they sacked him, and managed to profit out of it too.

The morally right thing to do is to have sacked him straight away, and dealt with the legal consequences regardless. Would have at least shown some sort of moral fibre.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Only till october

so he had 18 months notice pay guaranteed

makes sense that he was willing to join us then.   he would have done a deal with them to split the balance of the notice pay differential so would only have missed out on a several hundred grand. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Graham Potter acting like the contracted WCW stars who didn't want to get involved in the original Invasion angle. Bloke thinks he's Big Sexy Kevin Nash doesn't he 

This is a hilariously specific and dated, but accurate, comparison.

• Haha 2

I see in the Sun that their supercomputer prediction is that we finish 17th!

With Forest at 18th, then Wolves and Ipswich all being relegated.😊

I'll take that🤞🤗

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've lost 25+ goals from KDH last season and our manager, could it be that we're the more likely to finish bottom as it stands?

Depending on the points deduction I still think we would finish above that Southampton side based on current squads

They will get smacked every week unless Brussell changes how they play massively (and it sounds like he is quite stubborn like Enzo in that way)

Edited by moore_94