Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 24/25 Pre-season guff (misc talking points)

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They'll need to get used to conceding that second goal over and over this season lol

KDH didn't get on.

Injured. KDH hasn’t been able to do any training work this summer 

24 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

‘I have no doubt. I think you are going to concede in different ways, so you need to decide in which way you need to concede a goal’.

Did clean sheets go out of fashion or something?

It's pretty obvious that he's saying 'conceding goals is inevitable' and that therefore you just have to 'decide' how you're going to concede them. 

Is it going to be whilst trying to play your chosen style (building from the back, drawing in and passing through the press) or in some other way, like being caught on the break or in transition. 

Clearly last season one of our weaknesses was getting caught on transition, due to general lack of pace at the back (Vestergaard), indeed many of the goals we conceded were of this type. Many of the sides we played against wanted to park the bus and hit us on the break. 

So it's no surprise that our system was designed around reducing the chances of transitions and taking fewer risks the further up the pitch we went.

Is it better to concede goals whilst trying to achieve your game plan (due to known risks of that style) or to concede them when the plan's gone wrong? I know which I prefer... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's pretty obvious that he's saying 'conceding goals is inevitable' and that therefore you just have to 'decide' how you're going to concede them. 

Is it going to be whilst trying to play your chosen style (building from the back, drawing in and passing through the press) or in some other way, like being caught on the break or in transition. 

Clearly last season one of our weaknesses was getting caught on transition, due to general lack of pace at the back (Vestergaard), indeed many of the goals we conceded were of this type. Many of the sides we played against wanted to park the bus and hit us on the break. 

So it's no surprise that our system was designed around reducing the chances of transitions and taking fewer risks the further up the pitch we went.

Is it better to concede goals whilst trying to achieve your game plan (due to known risks of that style) or to concede them when the plan's gone wrong? I know which I prefer... 

That's a lot of words but I don't know what the point you're making is.

Deciding how to concede goals lol 

Hopefully they're able to get some literature sent out to the other 19 clubs, to make sure the opposition are aware of the manner in which Chelsea want to concede goals.

Think he just means however you set up you will have vulnerable areas. There's no perfect system where you don't concede. You can argue that passing out from the back makes you vulnerable to high press goals, and people hate seeing them, but they count the same as any other type of goal you concede.

Reminds me of Kasper a while ago when asked about conceding at near post. His comments being that it's a goal whether it's near or far post, one is not better or worse than the other.

• Like 3

On 25/07/2024 at 17:10, filbertway said:

That's a lot of words but I don't know what the point you're making is.

Deciding how to concede goals lol 

Hopefully they're able to get some literature sent out to the other 19 clubs, to make sure the opposition are aware of the manner in which Chelsea want to concede goals.

Sometimes the problem is between the chair and the screen. Nothing I can do about that. Sorry