Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 24/25 Pre-season guff (misc talking points)

They’ve not bought a single player Man City would want, so why bring in a manager who only knows that way? First sacked should be odds on

Just now, Fox92 said:

Someone on Chelsea forum called Maresca “fixated and arrogant”. Couldn’t have put it any better.

You can squint and see our players in their shape. He’s literally dragged and dropped this onto a billion pound squad that cannot play his way

Just pre-season, but this was such a huge gamble from Chelsea.

A coach with just over a years managerial experience, being parachuted to manage a squad with minimal harmony and a club with no identify and a revolving door 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Jeez. Try not to overreact in pre season but this puts Enzo under huge pressure.

On the opposite end, Rodgers will be creaming himself over beating Man City and Chelsea. 

tbf we wasnt great in pre-season under enzo but i dont think we played as bad as chelsea have in their games

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Jeez. Try not to overreact in pre season but this puts Enzo under huge pressure.

On the opposite end, Rodgers will be creaming himself over beating Man City and Chelsea. 

Standard Rodgers - July to December prime Guardiola. January to May prime Kevin Blackwell 

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Having kept an eye over Chelsea’s first 2 pre season games, he’s carbon copied what he did with us. I would’ve thought he’d have some new idea’s or systems and maybe he will have eventually, but nothing as of yet. Is he really so fixated on ‘his way’?

I’ve also watched both games for Celtic and Kasper has been fantastic, I am pleased to say. 

8 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Having kept an eye over Chelsea’s first 2 pre season games, he’s carbon copied what he did with us. I would’ve thought he’d have some new idea’s or systems and maybe he will have eventually, but nothing as of yet. Is he really so fixated on ‘his way’?

I’ve also watched both games for Celtic and Kasper has been fantastic, I am pleased to say. 

Thats what I thought earlier. Literal drag and drop. He’s even nicked that weird assistant coach who would stay rooted to his seat all game. Literally could be a Foxes Hub broadcast 

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just pre-season, but this was such a huge gamble from Chelsea.

A coach with just over a years managerial experience, being parachuted to manage a squad with minimal harmony and a club with no identify and a revolving door 

Their board doesn’t have a clue, not surprising if Todd is still the one making those decisions!

10 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

I would’ve thought he’d have some new idea’s or systems

Why would you think that?

"I arrive in this club to play with this idea. The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after I will leave. It's so clear. No doubts."

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why would you think that?

"I arrive in this club to play with this idea. The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after I will leave. It's so clear. No doubts."

I remember thinking at the time that his arrogance will ultimately see his demise, only for Vardy and the senior players ‘meeting’ that really pulled them back out of the mess at the end of last season, before too late. 

Maybe time will tell as mentioned, and he’s using this as his base plan with new ideas yet to come. But it does make you wonder if this really will be it for them and he thinks because they are a ‘bigger’ (more expensive) club/team they will work better with his obvious tactics. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Thought I’d have a look at some highlights because I was dubious about Rodgers being a genius.

Game looked a lot like Chelsea being very wasteful at one end and incompetent at the other.

They definitely had Enzo’s patterns of play going forward and looked dangerous in attack, but final balls / finishing / Schmeichel combined to thwart things.

At the back it was awful though - Celtic were able to play around them far to easily once past the initial press.

Now my instinct tells me James is not a natural choice for the inverted role. He’s no Ricardo that’s for sure.

Indeed, it might be Cucurella in their squad that’s better suited, so can (or will) Enzo be able to ‘flip’ his system? 

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

IMG_1872.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

To be fair this is mainly their internet fans who are some of the weirdest in world football.

It'll take a few more weeks for the match going fans to get bored and start booing him.