Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 24/25 Pre-season guff (misc talking points)

7 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I have no doubts we would have played this way and been on the end of some serious hidings.

My hope is that Cooper sees our limitations and has a more pragmatic approach. 

Totally agree, and said this numerous times last season and when we were in the final run in and he was still too stubborn to adapt or tweak "his way"

Cheers for the 10 million Chelsea, and enjoy the snooze fest football😜👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Totally agree, and said this numerous times last season and when we were in the final run in and he was still too stubborn to adapt or tweak "his way"

Cheers for the 10 million Chelsea, and enjoy the snooze fest football😜👍

We are going to be relegated and they will finish well above us - I think they’ll be alright with it 

Have to say I’m pretty concerned.

We haven’t improved on the squad from last season and the season starts in 3 weeks.

We need to do some business. Creativity a huge concern. 

We would have got hammered every week under Enzo in the PL.

He would have persisted with playing his way at the Etihad and we would be 3 down within 5 mins. 

Cooper may not be everyone’s cup of tea but once he’s got some more through the door I’m confident he will make us competitive 

• Like 3

Didn't expect any different, we're struggling to get the players we need in midfield and a proper striker.

Don't understand why Cooper didn't play Alves against Palermo from the start, he looked decent in the 1st preseason game.

10 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Jeez. Try not to overreact in pre season but this puts Enzo under huge pressure.

On the opposite end, Rodgers will be creaming himself over beating Man City and Chelsea. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

We would have got hammered every week under Enzo in the PL.

He would have persisted with playing his way at the Etihad and we would be 3 down within 5 mins. 

Cooper may not be everyone’s cup of tea but once he’s got some more through the door I’m confident he will make us competitive 

I feel the opposite I think we would have done fine under Enzo especially with new additions and building on what he done last season, yea of course we would get beat by Man City like we will under Cooper or any other manager.m but at least the players where fully behind it and we would have brought in better quality players than we will under Cooper.

now players are going to have to adapt to a new coaching team and system we are going straight back down under Cooper and I can’t see the players being as committed as they where under Enzo and that includes the back room staff. It’s like going from a McLaren to a Ford.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

but at least the players where fully behind it

They were at the start. I think it was @st albans fox made the excellent point earlier that Enzo inherited a set of players desperate for leadership and eager to buy into anything. 

Towards the end of the season, that wasn't the case. Vardy was public about the players' meeting and I'm sure it was Coady in a radio interview over the summer hinted that the dressing room needed to sort out a way over the line. 

John Percy also tweeted that a portion of players weren't disappointed to see him go (tho in fairness that was probs those who'd been excluded, such as Coady and Souttar) 

Edit; the crowd also contributed to wins v Norwich and West Brom, when the players responded to essentially binning off his tactics 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Oof. Not impressed with that. 

It’s actually a terrible squad if you look at it. This doesn’t improve it either 

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

It's not even a joke, eh. If I were a gambling man I'd have him down as the first sacking of the season.

The even surer bet is Guillem Balague scolding the fans and press after they finally win one in September.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Is he really so fixated on ‘his way’?

Not so much fixated as limited I'd suggest, l really don't think he has any other ideas and his constant proclamation of "my way" is just a cover for his obvious limitations.

But but but, this is a win win win for Enzo, sack him (heavy odds on) and he walks away with another fortune, journos will say typical Chelsea and sympathise, and if pep, Arne, Mikel and a half dozen other managers develop sudden chronic brain freeze and he wins the title (heavy odds off) he is a genius!

For a man who is a billionaire, Choosing Maresca is rather like buying a truck load of Bitcoin when its at its ATH!

• Like 1