Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 24/25 Pre-season guff (misc talking points)

5 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

but at least the players where fully behind it

Well they said they were obviously!

Strangely, players who say "this system of play is pants"  don't get to play.. I reference Soyuncu and Vesty under the fraud.

Somebody on here said "lets get Poch, at least we could lose in an entertaining way"... I'm in that camp, we will be crucified this season but with Maresca it would have been with added thumbscrews!

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

We should get extra points for low CO2 emissions (relatively). All the top half get points deductions. 

Err, have you noticed who is eleventh? 🤣

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, J. James said:

Err, have you noticed who is eleventh? 🤣

Irrelevant because of their impending league demotion when they finally get fvcked over with their 115 charges. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Irrelevant because of their impending league demotion when they finally get fvcked over with their 115 charges. 

Well, let's see, they "deserve" it but, well, their owner is mega rich, a member of a royal/ruling family and well connected (to oil and banking).

The laws and rules we all try to follow don't apply to such people and they never get what they deserve in my experience..

I wont be holding my breath.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Whose first for the chop... it's Ten Haag most likely. However wouldn't be surprised with Forest record with managers, if Nuno gets the push early if Forest don't start off well.

It won't be Ten Hag first, not after they've kept him on this summer – unless someone Ratcliffe really wants becomes available. I'd argue his spot currently is the most comfortable it's been since INEOS got involved.

I don't really think Chelsea's fans will stand a bad start from Maresca, especially given his CV is quite light. There's no proven top-flight track record to point to if things are turning a bit sour.

That said, it's probably a three way affair between us, Southampton and Forest isn't it.

I don’t think the Maresca/Chelsea thing is as ridiculous as people are people are making out. They have an extraordinarily expensive squad of mercenary waste man with no direction.

They are crying out for someone to actually tell the overpaid clowns how they need to be playing. 

If they can’t adapt to his style, he’ll find other players in their squad of 90 who can do the job.

11 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Whose first for the chop... it's Ten Haag most likely. However wouldn't be surprised with Forest record with managers, if Nuno gets the push early if Forest don't start off well.

I love how much of a clown Ten Hag is, it’s so funny. That guy is a worse judge of a player than Peter Taylor.

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Dont know but Southgate to Forest seems like something that could happen. They already appointed to former England managers not to long ago Pearce and McClaren both ended in the sack.

Just because both managed England (Pearce not so much really) doesn't mean Southgate is going to end up there lol 

Both of them appointments were years ago anyway, under different ownership. McLaren managed Forest in 2011.

On top of all that they do currently have a manager and have not played a game yet.

On 28/07/2024 at 09:04, Stevosevic said:

Have to say I’m pretty concerned.

We haven’t improved on the squad from last season and the season starts in 3 weeks.

We need to do some business. Creativity a huge concern. 

3 weeks to go and we've a 37 year old Vardy, Daka and unproven Cannon.

We're in big trouble.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

And no KDH replacement 

I wasn’t a huge KDH fan and think he’s very replaceable but i would argue we are weaker than this time last season. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Dont know but Southgate to Forest seems like something that could happen. They already appointed to former England managers not to long ago Pearce and McClaren both ended in the sack.

Why would this even cross your mind lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why would this even cross your mind lol 

I like that "not long ago" is over a decade and both were appointed by two different owners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

3 weeks to go and we've a 37 year old Vardy, Daka and unproven Cannon.

We're in big trouble.

Is it conceivable that the owners have accepted we are already down and are saving their money?

The way they mismanage our club, I'd put nothing past them. 😕

• Haha 1

BREAKING: Fulham have an agreement in principle with Arsenal for the signing of Emile Smith Rowe. The deal, a club-record for Fulham, will see them pay an initial £27m, plus add-ons that could take the total to £34m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Spurs already won their first (and last) trophy of the season. J-League challenge winners.

tottenham-win-a-trophy-in-pre-season-the

Even that looks like an AI photo

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

We're much more likely to appoint him than they are imo.

Owners would love to brag about having another ex England manager in charge.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're much more likely to appoint him than they are imo.

Owners would love to brag about having another ex England manager in charge.

Oh god no, I'd sooner have Cooper in full Forest kit every match than bloody Southgate!