Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 24/25 Pre-season guff (misc talking points)

20 hours ago, spacemunky said:

BREAKING: Fulham have an agreement in principle with Arsenal for the signing of Emile Smith Rowe. The deal, a club-record for Fulham, will see them pay an initial £27m, plus add-ons that could take the total to £34m.

Good player and no doubt he will be good for Fulham. I'd have liked someone like him here if we weren't in such a mess.

I think he's at Arsenal at the wrong time, a decade a go he'd have probably been a starter for them.

56 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Pricey though considering how little football he's played. English tax playing a big part as he's only worth around £15m IMO. 

exactly. mad price. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Good player and no doubt he will be good for Fulham. I'd have liked someone like him here if we weren't in such a mess.

I think he's at Arsenal at the wrong time, a decade a go he'd have probably been a starter for them.

Very sorry to see him go, 2 years ago he rather than Saka, was for me the more exciting prospect.  I think Arteta has got this wrong. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Pricey though considering how little football he's played. English tax playing a big part as he's only worth around £15m IMO. 

52 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

exactly. mad price. 

Being English obviously influenced the price but there are some poor players around that aren't English and cost more than £15m. We've overpaid for lots of non English players at £20m+.

£27/34 million is a ridiculous price for a player with his fitness issues, undisputed talent but if he's only available for 30% of a season it's just not worth it, more so in the case of a Fulham who can't be spending that kind of sum loosely. Arsenal have done a number there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Very sorry to see him go, 2 years ago he rather than Saka, was for me the more exciting prospect.  I think Arteta has got this wrong. 

Feels like the disciples of Pep all love to copy his traits and freezing players out with seemingly no logistical reasons is one of them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

cant argue with shifting someone you dont use for close to 30 million

• Like 1

Man City have agreed a sanction with the league for 22 breaches of delaying kick offs over the last two seasons. 

58 minutes ago, Bert said:

Man City have agreed a sanction with the league for 22 breaches of delaying kick offs over the last two seasons. 

Here are the breaches 

Games that led to Man City's fine... 

• vs Crystal Palace (H) - August 27, 2022 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute 18 seconds)
  • vs Brighton (H) - October 22, 2022 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute 19 seconds)
  • vs Leeds (A) - December 28, 2022 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 34 seconds)
  • vs Everton (H) - December 31, 2022 (Length of delay to kick-off: 2 minutes and 33 seconds)
  • vs Leicester (H) - April 15, 2023 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 29 seconds)
  • vs Everton (A) - May 14, 2023 (Length of delay to restart: 2 minutes and 15 second)
  • vs Chelsea (H) - May 21, 2023 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minuute and 26 seconds)
  • vs Brighton (A) - May 24, 2023 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 17 seconds)
  • vs Burnley (A) - August 11, 2023 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 32 seconds)
  • vs Newcastle (H) - August 19, 2023 (Length of delay to kick-off and restart: 2 minutes and 34 seconds and 1 minute and 17 seconds)
  • vs Brighton (H) - October 21, 2023 (Length of delay to kick-off: 2 minutes and 35 seconds): 
  • vs Aston Villa (A) - December 6, 2023 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 34 seconds)
  • vs Crystal Palace (H) - December 16, 2023 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 19 seconds)
  • vs Sheffield United (H) - December 30, 2023 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 26 seconds)
  • vs Newcastle (A) - January 13, 2024 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 46 seconds)
  • vs Chelsea (H) - February 17, 2024 (Length of delay to kick-off: 1 minute and 55 seconds)
  • vs Aston Villa (H) - April 3, 2024 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 40 seconds)
  • vs Crystal Palace (A) - April 6, 2024 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 43 seconds)
  • vs Brighton (A) - April 25, 2024 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 45 seconds)
  • vs Nottingham Forest (A) - April 28, 2024 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 22 seconds)
  • vs Tottenham (A) - May 14, 2024 (Length of delay to restart: 1 minute and 27 seconds)
  • vs West Ham (H) - May 19, 2024 (Length of delay to kick-off: 2 minutes and 46 seconds)

11 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

2 and a half weeks to go, and I’d say we have comfortably the weakest squad in the division, definitely the worst attack…. I don’t see where the goals are coming from right now…… desperate now for some quality in 

EbHpXKr.jpg

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Never been more certain of a relegation. Not even arsed if I'm perfectly honest. We're getting exactly what we deserve 

Well, not what the fans deserve… we’re the ones stupid enough to fill the stadium in the shithole championship and now have to endure Steve Cooper and his points deducted foxes.

We’re not even remotely big enough anymore for the media to care about our demise and shine a light on just how bad of a job Jon Rudkin has done. That’s the hardest part about all of this 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Well, not what the fans deserve… we’re the ones stupid enough to fill the stadium in the shithole championship and now have to endure Steve Cooper and his points deducted foxes.

We’re not even remotely big enough anymore for the media to care about our demise and shine a light on just how bad of a job Jon Rudkin has done. That’s the hardest part about all of this 

Oh yeah absolutely. By we I meant the morons in charge of the club. It's criminal what they've done to us

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

She was an all time Nuts/Zoo legend, probably my favourite of the lot.

Then she went on celebrity big brother and had zero personality.

They really are well suited then

• Like 1