Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Next manager poll

Next Manager Poll  

826 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager should Enzo leave?

• Potter
    • Pearson
    • Poch
    • Corberan
    • Robins
    • Rosenior
    • Caballero
    • Fischer
    • Heitinga
    • Van Nistelrooy
    • Cooper
    • Moyes
    • Benitez
    • Di Zerbi
    • Carrick
    • Edwards
    • Frank
    • Still
    • Southgate
    • Other

Posted (edited)

I feel like Moyes is an appointment that would have to see a dramatic shift from the board and Top in terms of preferred playstyle - the noises we heard with Maresca's appointment were that he plays the possession style of football that Top wants us to be playing - and that's DRASTICALLY different to the kind of football we'll play under Moyes I'd have to assume - so I have some doubts we'd go for Moyes.

I think Potter is more of a match for how Top wants us to play - though having reportedly rejected Ajax I don't really think he'd be eager to come here.

Of the three most voted on candidates here I think Corberan is the likeliest unless Top suddenly decides he doesn't care about playstyle.

Edited by The_Rorab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ideally we’d have someone who could stabilise us and keep us up playing good football. I don’t think that person exists for sure though. More likely to me we’ll go for someone who will play nice football, rather than purely looking for stability.

We were in a much more precarious situation this time last year and we took a massive gamble on Maresca which paid off. We might feel like taking another gamble.

Edited by Beechey

16 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Is Moyes really going to be here after leaving Hammers so soon...let the man have a year off to recoup, relax and then come back all freshed up if he wants to come back in football 

Having time off is the last thing that some managers want or need. Having a lengthy period off could finish his career.

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You can forget about Hutter now... he's doing a great job at Monaco. 

I wanted him last year when he was available and apparently wanted to to coach in the EPL aswell with Palace interviewing him but Roy wanted to stay on

I'm not sure. If you look at his career, he's always seemed to time his exit from a club well. He took Monaco as they were in free fall, steadied them and got them were they should be. Now might be the time to leave. 

Plus, at 54, he will be looking to make that PL move before it's too late. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Having time off is the last thing that some managers want or need. Having a lengthy period off could finish his career.

Dyche had a year off before he joined Everton and he spent his time doing all those tactical podcasts plus had a year off before he went back to the Hammers. 

It's good to have a break and a long holiday to recoup, relax and clear ones head

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Wow wasnt expecting Moyes to be where he is in this poll given how the other thread went, I would accept the other popular choice Potter as well.

I think it’s purely the “just keep us up” mentality. Staying up this year would solve loads of our financial issues assuming we don’t spend loads of money this summer

Just now, Beechey said:

I think it’s purely the “just keep us up” mentality. Staying up this year would solve loads of our financial issues assuming we don’t spend loads of money this summer

He is a solid choice if we want to stabilise the club and build a solid foundation I think.

• Like 1

Moyes would probably command respect from the players. The football would not be fun to watch, though. Those cheering Enzo's exit will be shaving their heads in homage after a few months of Moyesball.

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

I’d laugh if he stayed now 

Enzo is gone, I think the club have decided the compensation would be nice and maybe arent confident he could keep us up.  He wants to stay in the EPL, and Chelsea will be too attractive to turn down.

• Like 1