Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Next manager poll

Next Manager Poll  

826 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager should Enzo leave?

• Potter
    • Pearson
    • Poch
    • Corberan
    • Robins
    • Rosenior
    • Caballero
    • Fischer
    • Heitinga
    • Van Nistelrooy
    • Cooper
    • Moyes
    • Benitez
    • Di Zerbi
    • Carrick
    • Edwards
    • Frank
    • Still
    • Southgate
    • Other

5 minutes ago, Conscript Fox said:

De Zerbi is a cretin who took to throwing a nineteent year old debut season kid, who was playing through an operation requiring ankle injury for him, under the bus regularly and then saying another academy kid could replace the nineteen year old one, publicly. He couldn't, when the other one said sod this I'm off to get my ankle sorted ya wan ker.

De Zerbi also had Brighton in solid relegation territory form throughout 2024. 

He is not more attack minded. 

His side are dour to watch & the more his influence was felt the fewer points they won. 

Ok … I admit I don’t watch them regularly. So you are saying their previous good form is more down to Potter?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Ok … I admit I don’t watch them regularly. So you are saying their previous good form is more down to Potter?

they were in a similar spiral to what we hit with Brendan. Seems like he took over solid foundations but slowly they faded away and the more influence he got over things the worse they got. 

Perhaps that’s a bit harsh and it was a combination  of too much football and players being poached catching up with them. But he seemed unable to turn things around and they looked absolute garbage for most of the season. 

tbqh i’m even concerned with potter. 

The club was moving in ways that would make anyone look good. How would he fair with our disorganized chaos? 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

It just didn't go well there under him & he didn't do well. They've been in relegation form since Christmas and Brighton see that too, they got him out. It'd be a huge risk. & I just don't warm to a guy picking on the young lads in the side publicly &  regularly. 

Rosenior is probably the best. Gets premier league experience. If he keeps us up great. If not with the points deduction he is used to the championship, and could get us straight back up. Then has the experience to keep us there and build. Also no club currently so only wages to sort.

I think the nature of the leaving with it being a surprise, along with potential points deductions and lack of spending is why people are looking for the safe short term options like Moyes. Whether he would want to come in and do that job is anyone's guess, but I can see why some are leaning towards a short term fix.

Looks like Potter IS off (back) to Brighton - so that's our Number 1 choice gone.  I'm warming to this idea of a Garcia/Still combo - though can't see it happening.  It would be cheap (to KP), but who would be Manager and who would be Coach - can't see Still wanting to resurrect that again.

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Genuinely astonishing that people on here are voting for Rob Edwards and Liam Rosenior. 

Would have taken Rosenior a year ago but don't think this season's helped his reputation at all.

1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

I mentioned him a few pages back. 

He is left field but could slot in.

The board know him and he’s managed in England before. It’s one of those where he just moves across and gets back filled at OHL. 

I’m not sure how Leuven friends feel about the football though. 

Be interesting to see what style we adopt.

Many of us will say that, in spite of 7-8 years of having a possession-above-all approach shoehorned into our philosophy, we STILL looked most dangerous last season when we threw that to the dogs and went for a counter-attacking approach (both Southampton games, first half against Liverpool, West Brom away, Stoke away to name a few).

The manager we choose will ultimately dictate which way we go. I think a lot of us have serious doubts that Enzoball was going to end up being anything more than Rodgersball 2.0 in the top flight.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Give it that 12 year old assistant coach of Arteta's whos highly rated. May aswell get ahead of the curve in hiring Arteta's disciples, itll be the next big trend I reckon.

Edited by Samilktray
  • Haha 1

Don't want Rosenior. He's another possession for possession merchant.

Edwards I thought up until January had done really well with Luton, but their tail off was quite dramatic.