Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Next manager poll

Next Manager Poll  

826 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager should Enzo leave?

• Potter
    • Pearson
    • Poch
    • Corberan
    • Robins
    • Rosenior
    • Caballero
    • Fischer
    • Heitinga
    • Van Nistelrooy
    • Cooper
    • Moyes
    • Benitez
    • Di Zerbi
    • Carrick
    • Edwards
    • Frank
    • Still
    • Southgate
    • Other

Whilst I understand Corberan being a popular choice, his contract doesn't end for 3 years. Given our precarious financial position (and £9-10 m for EM will help) I think someone with no,( or very little) compensation to be paid may be a preferable option for board.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Whilst I understand Corberan being a popular choice, his contract doesn't end for 3 years. Given our precarious financial position (and £9-10 m for EM will help) I think someone with no,( or very little) compensation to be paid may be a preferable option for board.

Depends on Salary. As ex PL managers, you would expect Moyes / Potter and Marsch (:ill:) to command higher salaries. Need to offset that against any severance. When Leeds were interested in Corberan last year it was quoted the £2mil to break his contract. Not huge in the grand scheme of things when you can pay him less.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Can the 4 people who voted Southgate own up?

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

The 4 people who voted Southgate need to be be identified and sent for counselling, they must really hate watching football....

Reckon they'll all have Nottingham postcodes, kind of trolling voters, happens on these kind of forum votes unfortunately (remember Man City's Stand "The Bell End", the "Boaty McBoat Face" boat name  etc), either that or they own Waistcoat shops in Leicester.

I'm just going to register my vote for "Manager McManager Face" and ignore the nonsense on here.

• Haha 1

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is the one that really piques my interest. 

Was doing great at PSV before a falling out with the board (which may mean he won't want anything to do with us due to Rudkin and Co), young, hungry with an absolute winners mentality. Was proving highly succesful in integrating youth, also. Ticks alot of boxes.

• Like 4

Went with a very realistic vote of Corberan.

There are more appealing names on the list for sure.

But the realistic ones are pretty shocking in reality.

I have liked Moyes in the past, but don’t feel he would be the right fit for what we have and what we want to be. Whilst I don’t want him to be our manager, I think some of the stick he’s getting is a bit unfair.

I posted my thoughts on Corberan in the thread in the transfer section so won’t double up.

Aside from what I wrote in there though, I will add that the fact that he is so humble and real is a massive plus as to what we are up against next season. I genuinely can’t see him doing a Rodgers or maresca flounce, criticising everyone but himself. I also think his willingness to adapt is huge.

Like many, I’m not against possession football. I actually quite like it. But we need to be effective over anything, and sometimes that willingness to do what works over your ideals is essential. What I do think is essential for our club though, is pressing, and he will have us pressing for sure!

I really don't want us to grab someone from another club, and pay compensation. Only for us to sack him later on in the campaign. 

There are plenty of out of work manager's:

Moyes 

Cooper 

Vsn Nistelroy 

• Like 2

I rarely have a clue when these things come up, which is why it’s a good job I’m not involved in the process at all. 

The Corblimey fellow sounds interesting. I think Potter, Pottychino and De Zerbi are unrealistic. There’s some merit in Moyes II Men, a shrewd operator, but that would be a bit of a deviation from the preferred playing style so seems unlikely. Carrick a bit of a dark horse candidate, could fit the bill, but had a tricky season last time out… there again, he knew how to get the better of us, so some useful insight there in how not to play. 

I can’t remember who I voted for, probably Corblimey. 

If I were a betting man, I’d chuck a cheeky fiver on Rob Edwards. It just feels like the kind of appointment we might make. 

On 27/05/2024 at 18:20, Tielemans63 said:

Urs Fischer for me. I know nothing about him, but my main criteria is 'must be German', so he gets my vote*.

*He is German, right?

14 game winless streak...  no- not good enough