Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Next manager poll

Next Manager Poll  

826 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager should Enzo leave?

• Potter
    • Pearson
    • Poch
    • Corberan
    • Robins
    • Rosenior
    • Caballero
    • Fischer
    • Heitinga
    • Van Nistelrooy
    • Cooper
    • Moyes
    • Benitez
    • Di Zerbi
    • Carrick
    • Edwards
    • Frank
    • Still
    • Southgate
    • Other

On 29/05/2024 at 10:26, Chelmofox said:

My mate whos a Brighton fan has been up for the weekend. Absolutely doesn't want Potter back at all. Went through long periods without scoring and didnt like the football.

Interesting how differently managers are perceived when they manage your club vs others.

Always thought Potter was rated based on what Brighton might do rather than what they did. Plenty of winless runs, lots of missed chances and average finishing positions. Finally got it working then left and repeat at Chelsea.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Corky said:

Always thought Potter was rated based on what Brighton might do rather than what they did. Plenty of winless runs, lots of missed chances and average finishing positions. Finally got it working then left and repeat at Chelsea.

I’m inclined to agree. Similar to Pochettino (PSG aside), looks great on paper, however never won a thing. Potters win % is low as well and I’m not sure if it’s just more PR machine / media hype. 

One that hasn’t really been mentioned is Marcelo Gallardo. Massively successful in Argentina with River Plate. It didn’t work at Al-Ittihad and he’s basically been sacked despite finishing the season I believe.

It would appear the noise we are getting with Van Nistelrooy is because we may have reached out. Everyone’s PR machine is in full swing alerting the media on our potential replacements. His playing style does fit as well though. 

The list of higher profile coaches that are currently unemployed is crazy though. It depends on how attractive we are perceived as a club, and how brave the board are. If you walk around Sea”ACL”grave you are going to be impressed.

Just looking down the list at better know names that are currently not coaching, I’m not saying these would be attainable, if they, or we we would interested, or we’d even tough them with a barge pole how you’ve got

Pioli, Pochettino, Mowbray, Tevez, Allegri, Terim, Wagner, Cooper, Mourinho, Allardyce, Garcia, Kovac, Sarri, Gatusso, Favre, Strubber, Van Nistelrooy, Blanc, Fischer, Parker, Sampioli, Heckingbottom, Van Bronckhurst, Gallardo, Carvalhal, Deila, Still, Potter, Lampard, Conte, Genesio, Rutten, Van Leeuwen, Lage, Cocu, Arena, Kluivert, Hofkens, Grayson, Karoglan, Benitez, Inzaghi and last but not least Bruno Berner! 

A do feel we will go with someone that has experience of the English game, our previous appointment tend to point to this. That narrows down that list massively though but does leave some scary and also ambitious and intriguing names in the mix. 

Edited by Sly

Posted (edited)

I'll do the fecking job.

What better than a Canadian hoser pacing  back and forth screaming at the lads to put the puck in the back of the net.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Kienan dewsbury croc said:

Ruud van nistlerooy?

On the list with about 10 other potentials I’d imagine. 

Agents will be making names to the media. To enhance profiles not just for this role, however others. 

Interviews are a two way thing. 

I’d want to know what I’m dealing with in terms of potential points deductions. We must have an idea internally. 

What’s happening with the “legal” challenge.

What squad do I actually currently have. Have KDH, Mads, McAteer got to be sold etc. Is Vardy leaving? 

What is my capacity to change it. Do we actually have any movement to play in the market. 

What are the boards aims? For me it’s staying up, what do they want? 

I’d need to believe in the project.

It’s a tough ask in my opinion, as you could in theory have a worse squad in the Premier League, than we did in the Championship. 

Next season could be a real shit show and no one wants to be associated with the person that oversaw that! 

On 28/05/2024 at 23:40, lookwhaticando said:

I rarely have a clue when these things come up, which is why it’s a good job I’m not involved in the process at all. 

The Corblimey fellow sounds interesting. I think Potter, Pottychino and De Zerbi are unrealistic. There’s some merit in Moyes II Men, a shrewd operator, but that would be a bit of a deviation from the preferred playing style so seems unlikely. Carrick a bit of a dark horse candidate, could fit the bill, but had a tricky season last time out… there again, he knew how to get the better of us, so some useful insight there in how not to play. 

I can’t remember who I voted for, probably Corblimey. 

If I were a betting man, I’d chuck a cheeky fiver on Rob Edwards. It just feels like the kind of appointment we might make. 

Corblimey wasn't funny the first time you said it. It won't ever be. 

I'm surprised that Danny Rohl and Marti Cifuentes haven't had more mentions, both doing amazing jobs at keeping teams up in the Championship last season. We're going to need that skill next season for sure.

Whatever happens I just hope we don't let it drag on. Last thing we want is for a manager to come in the last week before the season starts and have little time to get his own players in and adjust the style of play to something a bit more effective for us in the Premier League. 

Posted (edited)

Wonder if anyone has turned the opportunity down (including Steve Cooper :whistle: ) and the club is slightly becoming desperate ahead of the new season.

Edited by Wymsey

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder if anyone has turned the opportunity down (including Steve Cooper :whistle: ) and the club is slightly becoming desperate ahead of the new season.

Maresca has literally just buggered off and we've barely entered the close season.

Confidence in the club management may be low but I would be astounded if they are desperate at this stage.

Wymsey you are becoming foxestalk #numberoneattentionseeker and you love it.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

On the list with about 10 other potentials I’d imagine. 

Agents will be making names to the media. To enhance profiles not just for this role, however others. 

Interviews are a two way thing. 

I’d want to know what I’m dealing with in terms of potential points deductions. We must have an idea internally. 

What’s happening with the “legal” challenge.

What squad do I actually currently have. Have KDH, Mads, McAteer got to be sold etc. Is Vardy leaving? 

What is my capacity to change it. Do we actually have any movement to play in the market. 

What are the boards aims? For me it’s staying up, what do they want? 

I’d need to believe in the project.

It’s a tough ask in my opinion, as you could in theory have a worse squad in the Premier League, than we did in the Championship. 

Next season could be a real shit show and no one wants to be associated with the person that oversaw that! 

You are RVN and i claim my $5

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Bielsa :jawdrop:

From a mate at B&Q
cut out older man walking in the garden carrying a bucket and a rake -  VIShopper

He’s tied into Uruguay until the end of the next World Cup.