Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Next manager poll

Next Manager Poll  

826 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager should Enzo leave?

• Potter
    • Pearson
    • Poch
    • Corberan
    • Robins
    • Rosenior
    • Caballero
    • Fischer
    • Heitinga
    • Van Nistelrooy
    • Cooper
    • Moyes
    • Benitez
    • Di Zerbi
    • Carrick
    • Edwards
    • Frank
    • Still
    • Southgate
    • Other

Guest Kopfkino
3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We bow down to your incredible wisdom oh excellent one

Some people on here have zero self awareness lol

My previous arrangement of words were not meant to be processed as a representation of literal sincerity 

Now about that awareness thing…

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Moyes would feel like a real backwards step after making quite a progressive appointment last summer

To be fair the club nailed their colours to the passing mast with Puel, Rodgers and Maresca. I think they will stick to that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Can we remember we are going to get a points deduction, likely to either sell players, or not buy anyone… maybe both. (Or just ignore FFP).

We are not an attractive proposition to anyone who could get another prem job like your Potters, Moyes etc.

We are only be attractive to a flop, who nobody wants. A foreign manager likely to not get a prem gig, a coach looking for a promotion to manager, or an up and coming manager from the lower leagues who gets a big pay rise and even if we went down we’d be a bigger and better club than the one they are currently at.

Spot on,Robbins, Corbaran or Carrick fits the criteria..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

To be fair the club nailed their colours to the passing mast with Puel, Rodgers and Maresca. I think they will stick to that.

Agree, so I would be surprised to see them break the pattern here. 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can we remember we are going to get a points deduction, likely to either sell players, or not buy anyone… maybe both. (Or just ignore FFP).

We are not an attractive proposition to anyone who could get another prem job like your Potters, Moyes etc.

We are only be attractive to a flop, who nobody wants. A foreign manager likely to not get a prem gig, a coach looking for a promotion to manager, or an up and coming manager from the lower leagues who gets a big pay rise and even if we went down we’d be a bigger and better club than the one they are currently at.

Too many on here are living in 2021.

Corberan for me. Frank would be amazing but I doubt he leaves for us. Moyes would be a good short term appointment to increase our chances of survival, but I doubt our board go for him given the obsession with possession-oriented football.

17 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Moyes would be as popular here as Puel, he may have experience but he's not someone who moves teams forward. There's a reason he's barely won anything all his managerial career.

Ironically Puel is the one who built the foundations for Rodgers.  I think he did a good job.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Moyes would feel like a real backwards step after making quite a progressive appointment last summer

How so?

Under Enzo our most likely outcome would be relegation as he is stuck to one way of playing that doesnt fit the squad, Moyes probably would be 45-60 points.

• Like 1

Hate to be the bearer of bad news , but half those names on that list won’t touch us with  a barge pole.

We are cash strapped and will be starting the season with a points deduction.  Hardly an attractive proposition with those  interested in preserving their reputation..

Just now, Chrysalis said:

How so?

Under Enzo our most likely outcome would be relegation as he is stuck to one way of playing that doesnt fit the squad, Moyes probably would be 45-60 points.

We’d probably go down with either of them in charge but at least with Enzo the football would occasionally look quite pretty to watch 

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, so I would be surprised to see them break the pattern here. 

You both are probably right.  It would be a bad decision I think, but somehow we in a situation where trying to impose a way of playing (presumably to please Top).  But one can hope they perhaps finally start thinking sense of getting a manger who is versatile and can adapt to the league and players, for this reason I wouldnt mind a change of DoF, someone stronger who can tell Top he is wrong.  I also strongly think we should have someone with EPL experience.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

You both are probably right.  It would be a bad decision I think, but somehow we in a situation where trying to impose a way of playing (presumably to please Top).  But one can hope they perhaps finally start thinking sense of getting a manger who is versatile and can adapt to the league and players, for this reason I wouldnt mind a change of DoF, someone stronger who can tell Top he is wrong.  I also strongly think we should have someone with EPL experience.

Then it’s old man Moyes who is more pragmatic, but it would not be project and we would be back to working year to year, which is a shame.

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

image.png.85bb4d0fcfa5bcef7d53271763c511d0.png

Got to be a Carlos in charge for me, Rosenoir 3rd choice because that sounds fairly exotic too. Avoid Cifuentes purely because hearing daddydorkadey off TikTok trying to pronounce that every week is already bringing me close to tears 

13 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

That has gone straight over my head - care to expand?

Not sure how much more elaboration I can offer on this tbh beyond him being the modern equivalent of Ince. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Then it’s old man Moyes who is more pragmatic, but it would not be project and we would be back to working year to year, which is a shame.

We can still build on it.

First get a manager who knows the league and can play suited to the current squad.

Then over time build a squad to suit the ideology you want, then finally at that point bring in the manager.  My issue is trying to push a ideology on to unsuited players, especially right after promotion.  Our finances suggest (unless the club surprise us) we wont have the luxury of building a team the way we want for a season or two either.

One risk with very young managers as we found with Enzo and Ipswich are finding out also is they are overly ambitious and more likely to move on as a result, which promotes more year to year.

Edited by Chrysalis

38 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

To be fair 80% of Enzo games were boring to watch, and Rodgers was horrendous in his last 18 months.

My favourite Enzo game, he tried to disown the football (Birmingham away, great direct counters).

Completely agree. I really don't care what football we play next season as long as we stayed up. I felt that Enzo would get battered in the prem trying to play his style which is why I was critical this season. I'd take negative football and staying up so we can stabilise for a few seasons before we experiment again. 

• Like 1