Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Next manager poll

Next Manager Poll  

826 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager should Enzo leave?

• Potter
    • Pearson
    • Poch
    • Corberan
    • Robins
    • Rosenior
    • Caballero
    • Fischer
    • Heitinga
    • Van Nistelrooy
    • Cooper
    • Moyes
    • Benitez
    • Di Zerbi
    • Carrick
    • Edwards
    • Frank
    • Still
    • Southgate
    • Other

Assuming our goal next season is to stay up it really should be Potter or Moyes out of that list. I’m not saying either really resonate with me but both have the mental stability to manage the off field issues we’ll face and the required experience to navigate what is going to be a very complicated top flight season.

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Fabian Hurzeler at the pitch invasion when St. Pauli got promoted to the Bundesliga this month 

fabian-huerzeler-head-coach-fc-900844269.jpg

Posted a video I saw about him in another thread a few days ago, such an interesting tactical philosophy. I'd love to take a gamble on him in a couple of seasons if he's still there and doing well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

We can still build on it.

First get a manager who knows the league and can play suited to the current squad.

Then over time build a squad to suit the ideology you want, then finally at that point bring in the manager.  My issue is trying to push a ideology on to unsuited players, especially right after promotion.

One risk with very young managers as we found with Enzo and Ipswich are also finding out also is they are overly ambitious and more likely to move on as a result, which promotes more year to year.

But this is the mentality that got us promoted and have been playing for a year, sure it’s not Enzo precisely, but it would likely be relatable. The discussion about pro or against the style has been done to death already. So continue and add to swap the square pegs, or go in a new direction. Maybe the new manager would even be more flexible!!

I went for Moyes. Not likely to set the world alight with us in terms of trophies or his style of football, though not as bad as some make out.

But we need someone who is a battler and has experience of the PL in the position we are in. And he's also going to feel he has real points to prove with his treatment at Man Utd and West Ham. I do think the guy needs a break however and maybe the timing isn't right. 

I appreciate that others like Rosenior for example could potentially offer a really exciting prospect. But I don't think this is the ideal time for that. 

• Like 1

Style of play should be secondary to staying in the premier league obviously, the clubs ambitions to upgrade the stadium etc surely will ultimately rest on retaining and cementing ourselves back in the top league.  

• Like 2

For the season we’re in for id go Steve Cooper

Just have a feeling players would run through brick walls for him and he’d create a proper siege mentality.

Not saying he’s the answer long term but for this season I think he’d have the fans right behind him

• Haha 1

So Moyes and the likes who most would agree are pragmatic are labelled dinosaurs.

What does pragmatic mean?

Solving problems in a sensible way that suits the conditions that really exist now, rather than obeying fixed theories and ideologies.

As opposed to the modern manager, who has ideologies and if that doesn't work you do it better.

....I know who the dinosaurs are.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matt said:

So Moyes and the likes who most would agree are pragmatic are labelled dinosaurs.

Solving problems in a sensible way that suits the conditions that really exist now, rather than obeying fixed theories and ideologies.

As opposed to the modern manager, who has ideologies and if that doesn't work you do it better.

It's a good point. A plan b seems to be a thing of the past nowadays 

Not sold on Moyes but it's disrespectful to call him a dinosaur with the jobs he's performed in his career

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Moyes had a much better squad than we have and defensively West Ham were terrible last season.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's a good point. A plan b seems to be a thing of the past nowadays 

Not sold on Moyes but it's disrespectful to call him a dinosaur with the jobs he's performed in his career

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Moyes had a much better squad than we have and defensively West Ham were terrible last season.

And they're both fair and valid opinions, the point i'm making any manager who doesn't play so called 'pretty', tippy tappy, possession based game has a stigma, often labelled as a dinosaur.

As in the point I made, pragmatist or stubborn ideologist, if we're calling names and labelling, I know who the dinosaurs are.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

This is the first time since I've supported city that I haven't really had a preferred replacement. Poch would be my ideal but there's no chance of that happening. 

I guess Potter would probably have to be high on the list but beyond that the rest aren't really on par or an upgrade on Enzo. 

Corberan and Robins have caught my attention but I was very disappointed with the way WBA approached the playoffs, and whilst I like Robins and recognise that he was working on a very limited budget with Cov he still fell well short of the playoffs. 

I think both Moyes and Cooper are solid managers but would definitely deviate from the style of play Top seems to want so not sure they'd really be in contention. 

Posted (edited)

If Potter wasn't heavily linked with the England job, I'd be 100% convinced he'd the land job. My biggest fear it ends up being Moyes, he'd honestly suck the life out the club. Hasn't really done a decent job since Everton, he took a Manchester United squad that never finished outside the top 3 for nearly 20 years to 7th. Took Sunderland down, West Ham you may remind won the europa conference league season before but that same season league wise they only won one more game than the team that finished bottom. Moyes may want to take a break anyway having managed West Ham for four years, so the Leicester job maybe a bad time for him anyway.

As mentioned Rafa I think could be favourite seeing as he was target for TOP previously. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If Potter wasn't heavily linked with the England job, I'd be 100% convinced he'd the land job. My biggest fear it ends up being Moyes, he'd honestly suck the life out the club. Hasn't really done a decent job since Everton, he took a Manchester United squad that never finished outside the top 3 for nearly 20 years to 7th. Took Sunderland, West Ham you may remind won the europa conference league season before but that same season league wise they only won one more game than the team that finished bottom. 

Manchester United finished 8th this season under Ten Haag, so in that sense he hasn’t done too badly! And anyway Manchester United are a basket case of a club nowawdays.

Moyes would be a solid choice for a club of our stature, he would do well for us. For us it’s all about safety , and then establish ourselves in the bottom half and then top half in the next coming seasons.

• Like 1