Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Next manager poll

Next Manager Poll  

826 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager should Enzo leave?

• Potter
    • Pearson
    • Poch
    • Corberan
    • Robins
    • Rosenior
    • Caballero
    • Fischer
    • Heitinga
    • Van Nistelrooy
    • Cooper
    • Moyes
    • Benitez
    • Di Zerbi
    • Carrick
    • Edwards
    • Frank
    • Still
    • Southgate
    • Other

Is Moyes really going to bring stability? West Ham conceded 74 goals last season and the main reason people didn't want Enzo to stay is because the defence would struggle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Manchester United finished 8th this season under Ten Haag, so in that sense he hasn’t done too badly! And anyway Manchester United are a basket case of a club nowawdays.

Moyes would be a solid choice for a club of our stature, he would do well for us. For us it’s all about safety , and then establish ourselves in the bottom half and then top half in the next coming seasons.

Ten Haag, though has two trophies to brag about the league cup and fa cup. Whilst Moyes could only lift the charity shield.

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Fancy Moyes or Potter but don’t think Potter will come here he could end up back at Brighton or West Ham

West ham have a new manager? Or are they sacking theirs already due to 0% win percentage 

• Haha 1

Style of play is a complete myth amongst the majority of football fans. If you're winning most weeks you most likely enjoy the way the team is playing, whether that's possession based, counter attacking, getting the ball wide and crossing it into the box etc. If you're losing those very same tactics are rubbish, boring, one dimensional etc.

If the club have serious ambitions of reestablishing ourselves in the Premier League, expand the ground and all the other bells and whistles promised, financially we can't afford to drop into the Championship again, as we have seen with Leeds there is no guarantee even if you have a pretty good squad and a decent manager for that level you will come back. So we need a man this season who is going to be able to get us to 40 points (plus potentially the 8 or so we may get deducted) without the resources to invest heavily in the squad. It has to be someone who can get his message across fast, not someone who will take 10 games to feel out the ins and outs of the league, get his 'style' onto the players.

I think the long term target would be Potter but if he is in talks about going back to Brighton they are an infinitely better proposition than us, so for me it has to be Moyes, he would give us the best chance of staying up given his 20+ year record in the league. Seems British coaches over the age of 45 are all tarred with the same 'dinosaur' brush, if a 38 year old German had the record Moyes had with West Ham (a team who hadn't gone past the qualifying rounds in Europe since 2005) and got to Europe 3 times including winning a title and getting to another semi only losing to a team who hadn't lose in 40+ games then people would be falling over themselves to get him through the door.

Top, Whelan, Rudkin and Rodgers have collectively taken the club backwards 10 years, we made our first forward step in getting out of the hell of the Championship first time up, but we can't afford to go back there again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Style of play is a complete myth amongst the majority of football fans. If you're winning most weeks you most likely enjoy the way the team is playing, whether that's possession based, counter attacking, getting the ball wide and crossing it into the box etc. If you're losing those very same tactics are rubbish, boring, one dimensional etc.

If the club have serious ambitions of reestablishing ourselves in the Premier League, expand the ground and all the other bells and whistles promised, financially we can't afford to drop into the Championship again, as we have seen with Leeds there is no guarantee even if you have a pretty good squad and a decent manager for that level you will come back. So we need a man this season who is going to be able to get us to 40 points (plus potentially the 8 or so we may get deducted) without the resources to invest heavily in the squad. It has to be someone who can get his message across fast, not someone who will take 10 games to feel out the ins and outs of the league, get his 'style' onto the players.

I think the long term target would be Potter but if he is in talks about going back to Brighton they are an infinitely better proposition than us, so for me it has to be Moyes, he would give us the best chance of staying up given his 20+ year record in the league. Seems British coaches over the age of 45 are all tarred with the same 'dinosaur' brush, if a 38 year old German had the record Moyes had with West Ham (a team who hadn't gone past the qualifying rounds in Europe since 2005) and got to Europe 3 times including winning a title and getting to another semi only losing to a team who hadn't lose in 40+ games then people would be falling over themselves to get him through the door.

Top, Whelan, Rudkin and Rodgers have collectively taken the club backwards 10 years, we made our first forward step in getting out of the hell of the Championship first time up, but we can't afford to go back there again. 

Feel I need to make an admission here, and in response to this post feels appropriate, so sorry @Muzzy_no7 I called you a dinosaur for suggesting Moyes, it was a reaction to the impeding loss of what was personally felt to be the end of a new fresh direction for us. However, such managers should not be discounted as their experience is valuable and in this instance, may be a better route for survival options. Still don’t feel such a manager would be chosen, but that’s a separate topic.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Is Moyes really going to bring stability? West Ham conceded 74 goals last season and the main reason people didn't want Enzo to stay is because the defence would struggle.

West Ham finished 9th. Ahead of the likes of Palace (who had a great year) and the best run club on the planet, Brighton. And that’s after spending less than they received. He always seems to outperform everyone else’s expectations. We could do a lot worse than hard fought consolidation in the premiership. 

But like some have said we probably can’t even attract the likes of Moyes. Some on here think Enzo’s compensation will solve all our problems. Unless the club go for it we’ll see further sales and scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the recruitment. Some moan that Corberan isn’t good enough or list likes of Potter, they definitely need to start managing their expectations. 

Ipswich keep their in demand manager our manager jumps ship after publicly coming out stating he was unhappy with actions of the board and with likely impending points deduction, he knows what’s coming. 

1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I have just heard from a very good source,,,, NP as DOF and Rosenior as head coach!!!

Not sure if Top would want the former back, though..

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s Amorim

I mean i'd be all over that, but his release clause puts the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool off then we've no chance!

I'll keep saying it, we missed a trick with Hutter when he was available last summer or when we sacked Rodgers even!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

De Zerbi will have impressed our decision makers with the way his Brighton side played against us and others in 22/23 season. Don’t know what happened this season, maybe the European games leaving them less time preparing for league games but have gone luke-warm or maybe just been sussed out?

Similarly Potter but as others say there seems to be a merry go round cranking up with Man Utd and possibly England roles becoming available soon.

Moyes may not seem a riveting or long term choice but even if we start on say -4 points I could still see him keeping us up.

Would have taken Robins this time last season but it’s deeper waters this time, needing him to hit the ground running at a higher level but there’s certainly some scope and potential there. P-ing off Chaventry fans would be a welcome bonus but in our current situation doesn’t rank as a priority however funny it would be :D

I’d say:-

Potter

De Zerbi

Moyes

Robins

* but all trumped if Cambiasso applies. 

Just now, fazzyfox said:

De Zerbi will have impressed our decision makers with the way his Brighton side played against us and others in 22/23 season. Don’t know what happened this season, maybe the European games leaving them less time preparing for league games but have gone luke-warm or maybe just been sussed out?

Similarly Potter but as others say there seems to be a merry go round cranking up with Man Utd and possibly England roles becoming available soon.

Moyes may not seem a riveting or long term choice but even if we start on say -4 points I could still see him keeping us up.

Would have taken Robins this time last season but it’s deeper waters this time, needing him to hit the ground running at a higher level but there’s certainly some scope and potential there. P-ing off Chaventry fans would be a welcome bonus but in our current situation doesn’t rank as a priority however funny it would be :D

Potter

De Zerbi

Moyes

Robins

Isn't De Zerbi leaving Brighton as he wants a bigger job? Why on earth would he come here given everything that is going on.

2 hours ago, Broof said:

Why on earth is Moyes so popular? 

I'd prefer Potter but Moyes would be a solid choice. We're a basket case club and his experience makes him very appealing to me. 

20+ years as a Premier League manager and in his most recent job he took over a club of similar size threatened with relegation and turned them into European qualifiers (and even won a trophy).

He's a bit boring and would require a significant change of style, but realistically we need to do that when stepping up to the Prem anyway.

9 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

West Ham finished 9th. Ahead of the likes of Palace (who had a great year) and the best run club on the planet, Brighton. And that’s after spending less than they received. He always seems to outperform everyone else’s expectations. We could do a lot worse than hard fought consolidation in the premiership. 

But like some have said we probably can’t even attract the likes of Moyes. Some on here think Enzo’s compensation will solve all our problems. Unless the club go for it we’ll see further sales and scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the recruitment. Some moan that Corberan isn’t good enough or list likes of Potter, they definitely need to start managing their expectations. 

Ipswich keep their in demand manager our manager jumps ship after publicly coming out stating he was unhappy with actions of the board and with likely impending points deduction, he knows what’s coming. 

West Ham have a very decent squad and their last two league seasons have been underwhelming. The amount of goals conceded is alarming too.

I think, ultimately, we need someone who can organise a defence and employing the manager who presided over the worst outside the bottom three doesn't fit at all.

34 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Potter

De Zerbi

Moyes

Robins

I dont think the top 3 will touch us with a barge pole. Financial disarray and starting the season with a points deduction.

I understand the old Coalville Town manager is looking for a job..

I don't want want anyone who thinks we are beneath them, nor anyone at the end of their careers.  Thats a no to Potter and Moyes.

Someone hungry looking to make a name for themselves. Corberán for me. Although, if he does a good job have to come to terms that he will be getting the Chelsea job in 18 months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I think you have misunderstood at the very least my opinion.

Enzo I think would primarily have two problems.

Yes we would concede a lot of goals from defensive control play mistakes.  Absolutely no question of that.

But with the slow build up Enzo wants we would also struggle to get shots on goal, so it would be a problem both ends of the pitch, he neutered KDH telling him he was shooting and dribbling forward too much as an example as well.

I am not sure what people were expecting with Enzo, being in the EPL with hardly any playing budget, a squad that doesnt match the ideology, one track mind, and we would somehow overcome problems that he couldnt even overcome in the championship. He was lucky the players had that behind closed doors meeting as well to get the promotion on his CV.  Interesting the club isnt fighting to keep him, its as if the squad has already had a word.