Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Abdul Fatawu

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

Can I be brutal and state Fatawu doesn’t improve Chelsea? 

Doesn’t seem to matter to them at the moment. Their guy is collecting players like baseball cards

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Doesn’t seem to matter to them at the moment. Their guy is collecting players like baseball cards

PSR is coming for them next if they don’t have a fire sale by the 30th June. 

6 hours ago, Sly said:

Can I be brutal and state Fatawu doesn’t improve Chelsea? 

I think he's a similar level to Madueke and will turn out better over the course of his career. Madueke is good going forwards but doesn't help defensively at all whereas Fatawu is also good going forwards and helps out a lot defensively. Whether Fatawu is better than Estevao remains to be seen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

I noticed on Sky Sports "in" and "out" premier league transfer lists Fatawu is down as an "in" for us. Think they may be jumping the gun in that?

It's an obligation all parties agreed to last summer.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

I noticed on Sky Sports "in" and "out" premier league transfer lists Fatawu is down as an "in" for us. Think they may be jumping the gun in that?

Don't we have an obligation to buy him under the terms of the loan contract?

• Like 1

Will we have taken into account the fairly high fee for this? It means we have a lot to do to level out the figures this month even before any "fire sale" begins. If there is even any plan to sell some of our players".

We are not renowned for getting deals done quickly so it could come down to the wire (as on deadline days).

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

When we sign him, could he theoretically move in Janaury or does the 2 clubs max in one year rule still exist, ie Sporting and us?

Sporting won't register him in their squad and he won't play an official game, so I don't think it'll matter.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Will be in July.

I get that for financial reasons the finance side of things should have to happen in July, I just can’t understand why we can’t announce it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I get that for financial reasons the finance side of things should have to happen in July, I just can’t understand why we can’t announce it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why would they? 

On 05/06/2024 at 11:33, Pliskin said:

Obviously not 😂

If it truly is an obligation to buy then the finances of the deal appear for PSR/  FFP in the 22/23 numbers even if the deal doesn’t go through in the books until the 23/24 year.

12 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

If it truly is an obligation to buy then the finances of the deal appear for PSR/  FFP in the 22/23 numbers even if the deal doesn’t go through in the books until the 23/24 year.

Really? How does that work? Was he signed when we were still technically under the PL rules and regs? 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Really? How does that work? Was he signed when we were still technically under the PL rules and regs? 

I altered my op slightly. 

Bear in mind if he is bought on an  truly obligation to buy there are no conditions  attached to the loan 

1. The acquisition of a Player’s registration must be first recognised

in the Annual Accounts when all significant conditions for the registration of the Player have been satisfied, i.e. it is effectively unconditional, which means that there must be a legally binding agreement between the two clubs (or other arrangement as approved in accordance with Regulation 50.2) and between the acquiring club and the Player

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

I altered my op slightly. 

Bear in mind if he is bought on an  truly obligation to buy there are no conditions  attached to the loan 

1. The acquisition of a Player’s registration must be first recognised

in the Annual Accounts when all significant conditions for the registration of the Player have been satisfied, i.e. it is effectively unconditional, which means that there must be a legally binding agreement between the two clubs (or other arrangement as approved in accordance with Regulation 50.2) and between the acquiring club and the Player

It was on the condition that we were promoted and he played a certain amount of games, so surely the conditions weren’t satisfied until then?

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It was on the condition that we were promoted and he played a certain amount of games, so surely the conditions weren’t satisfied until then?

That then isn’t a obligation to buy it’s a conditional loan.

I have no idea if there were conditions but if you are right what day were those conditions met ?

These sort of things are never as straightforward as they appear in the surface.

I would bet that for financial reasons, the football season isn't actually finished yet, so technically he would still be on loan. 

It was reported there were conditions to his loan becoming an obligation to buy, can't remember exactly what the conditions were but it was around him playing a certain amount of games and us gaining promotion. We can all be fairly certain those conditions were met.

Once "post season" becomes "pre season" then I'm fairly certain this will be announced

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I would bet that for financial reasons, the football season isn't actually finished yet, so technically he would still be on loan. 

It was reported there were conditions to his loan becoming an obligation to buy, can't remember exactly what the conditions were but it was around him playing a certain amount of games and us gaining promotion. We can all be fairly certain those conditions were met.

Once "post season" becomes "pre season" then I'm fairly certain this will be announced

Thanks. That’s actually cleared it up for me. I am now happy